Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 5th, 2009, 11:59 PM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker
Customs need a point cost. Please help.

Ok, here are some of my customs that I am thinking about making. I am stuck on determining a point cost. Any suggestions are useful

William Raff
Human
Unique Hero
Special Operations Agent
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 5
Move 5
Range 8
Attack 3
Defense 2
Cost ?
Sniper Special Attack
Range: 11 Attack: 1
William Raff may not use the Sniper Special Attack if he has moved this turn. Defending figure rolls 2 less defense dice when defending against the Sniper Special Attack.
Parachute
William Raff never rolls for falling damage.

James "Hotwire" Hogan
Human
Unique Hero
Special Operations Agent
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 6
Move 5
Range 7
Attack 3
defense 4
Cost ?
Soulborg Reprogramming
Instead of attacking, choose any soulborg figure that is adjacent to James "Hotwire" Hogan and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero or Squad and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero or Squad. At the end of that turn, control of the figure(s) returns to the original player. All order markers stay on the card.
Parachute
James "Hotwire" Hogan never rolls for falling damage.

John Robeson
Human
Unique Hero
Special Operations Agent
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
attack 5
Defense 2
Cost ?
Machine Gun Special Attack
Range: 8 Attack: 1
When attacking with Machine Gun Special Attack, John Robeson may attack 6 additional times with Machine Gun Special Attack for a total of 7 attacks. John Robeson may target the same or different figures each attack.
Bullet-resistant Armor
When defending against an attack from a unit that is not adjacent, add an extra defense die for each space between John Robeson and the attacking figure up to a maximum of 7 extra defense dice.
Parachute
John Robeson never rolls for falling damage.

Echo Force
Human
Common Squad (3 figures)
Special Operations Force
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 1
Move 5
Range 8
Attack 2
Defense 3
Cost ?
Grapple Gun 25
Instead of moving a member of the Echo Force normally, he may move only one space. This space may be up to 25 levels higher. When using Grapple Gun, all engagement rules still apply.
Parachute
Members of the Echo Force never roll for falling damage.
Special Operations Agent Bonding
Before taking a turn with the Echo Force, you may first take a turn with any Special Operations Agent you control.

Miyoko no Haru
Human
Unique Hero
Samurai
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3
Cost ?
Meditation
If Miyoko no Haru has not moved or attacked this round, add 2 dice to her defense roll for every revealed order marker on this card.
Counter Strike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. This power does not work against other Samurai.

Well that's all for now, let me know what you think!

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"

Last edited by Tolamos; November 6th, 2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Added Bullet-resistant to Robeson
Old November 6th, 2009, 12:11 AM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker
Re: Customs need a point cost. Please help.

Raff seems to be about 120pts, Hogan seems to be about 120pts, Robeson seems to be about 50pts, Echo Force seems to be about 70-80pts, and no Haru seems to be about 130pts.
You should change the wordings from "Special Operation Agent" to just agent, and "Special Operation force" to agent as well. Then you could change the bonding power to Agent Hero Bonding and they could bond with Carr and Skahen as well.

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old November 6th, 2009, 09:50 AM

I guess "agent" is not what I am going for here. They are more like a special part of the military, like the Green Berets. Maybe I should change them to soldier? What else could I call them?

My Customs! Trades

Old November 6th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

The thing that jumps out at me is that Meditation will never get used. It's an interesting idea, but a total waste of an OM to activate but not use a fig just to add 2 to their Defense.

As far as class goes, what about "Commando". That will remove any confusing connecting them with other Agents.

• Raff-I'd say about 110. He's better than Deadeye Dan, but not as good as Syvarris
  • Hogan-If he's adjacent to 1 squad member he can take a turn with the entire squad? This could be very useful against a 'Tron army where he could make an entire squad of Glads disengage, or against Rats where he could do the same. But because it only works 25% of the time I think he stays priced around 120.
  • Robeson-Q9 lite. With his range, number of attacks and defense bonus he'll be death to the KMAs. I'd say about 120.
  • Echo Force-With their range, ability to grab height and bonding I'd say they're around 100.
  • no Haru-Like I said earlier, Meditation isn't worth anything. Her descent stats and Counterstrike put her around 60.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; November 6th, 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:12 PM

Ok I was thinking of how to improve meditation and came up with three options:
1. Make her defense increase by 3 each time.
2. Allow her to attack, but not move. (or the other way around)
3. Add "Healing Waters" power.
Healing Waters
After moving and before attacking, choose a wounded hero up to 2 clear sight spaces from Miyoko no Haru. Roll the 20-sided die to remove wound markers from the chosen hero’s card:
• If you roll a 1-5, nothing happens.
• If you roll a 6-12, remove 1 marker.
• If you roll a 13-17, remove 2 markers.
• If you roll an 18-20, remove 3 markers.
• If you roll a 21 or over, remove all markers.

If either the chosen hero or Miyoko no Haru is on a water space, add 3 to your roll. Miyoko no Haru may target herself when using Healing Waters.

What do you think?

I also like the idea of calling them commando. I will make a note of that and might change it soon.

My Customs! Trades

Old November 6th, 2009, 09:52 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

William Raff - 90
James "Hotwire" Hogan - 120
Echo Force - bonding might be a bit much for these guys, so in their current version I would say no less than 110, probably more like 120 or 130

I'd probably change the Machine Gun Special Attack a little - it would devastate Ashigaru, MRT, Vipers, etc. yet not be able to touch a lot of other units. I'd go for something a little more evenly matched against a variety of units - just a suggestion.
Old November 7th, 2009, 01:53 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Pick a point cost you think is a good jumping off point...then playtest playtest playtest and adjust accordingly.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards