Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old July 24th, 2006, 05:37 PM

KillMeForPrizes has disabled reputation
New die face idea.

Our group has only one gripe about HC - and thats the 20 sided die. We loath that damn rolling golf ball thingamabob.

So along with our Heroclix conversions we decided to do away with it! Bye-bye you silly die!

Instead we used a felt marker to draw a "!" mark on the blank face of the dice and use that for special abilities that require a die roll with our conversions.
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hmmm, the 20-sided damn rolling golf ball thingamabob is standard for many of today's games. Using a single side of a 6-sided die doesn't work at all considering it disallows many abilities and the odds would be completely incorrect*, but to each his/her own ...

* I.E. Mind Shackle is now 1 in 6 (16.66%) instead of 1 in 20 (5%); Death Defy is now 1 in 6 (16.66%) instead of 6 in 20 (30%); Berserker Charge is now 1 in 6 (16.66%) instead of 6 in 20 (30%); Frenzy is now 1 in 6 (16.66%) instead of 5 in 20 (25%); Not to mention powers such as the Venoc Warlord's Frenzy Enhancement or the Anubian Wolves' Unleashed Fury is completely useless ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:28 PM

KillMeForPrizes has disabled reputation
Oh we still use d20 if we are using CHC figures - but for our customs we did away with it.

And by combining dice we've come up with all sorts of odds - such as rolling 2 dice and they both have to come up "!" - for really "rare" stuff.
Old July 24th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Our group has only one gripe about HC - and thats the 20 sided die. We loath that damn rolling golf ball thingamabob.

So along with our Heroclix conversions we decided to do away with it! Bye-bye you silly die!
You loathe the d20? And you're even calling it... silly?

Ummmmm... for a gamer, isn't that two counts of blasphemy??

THE d20 IS TIMELESS!!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 24th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillMeForPrizes
Oh we still use d20 if we are using CHC figures - but for our customs we did away with it.

And by combining dice we've come up with all sorts of odds - such as rolling 2 dice and they both have to come up "!" - for really "rare" stuff.
I think the bit about customs should be in the first post. Otherwise it is kind of like complaining about how indestructible Krug only to admit that your gaming group plays only melee units after a few posts.
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:31 PM

Widigo has disabled reputation
D20 is of higher rank than us all respect your elders, he does not like being rolled any more than you like rolling him.

To each his own.
Old July 25th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillMeForPrizes

I think the bit about customs should be in the first post. Otherwise it is kind of like complaining about how indestructible Krug only to admit that your gaming group plays only melee units after a few posts.
Well, technically he did mention it in his original post, but it wasn't very clear. It's the last few words where he says,"...with our conversions". Again, just not very clear about what he meant, but he did say it.
That being said, I have to agree with everyone else in telling KillMeForPrizes.....DON'T DISS THE D20!!!

If you blaspheme against the almighty 20-sider, it shall visit you in your dreams and turn them to nightmares.

Picture yourself as Indiana Jones being chased by a giant rolling D20...or...getting ready to go to work/school and having to roll higher than 15 to avoid going in just your underwear...or...running through a maze dressed in a ghost costume being chased by a giant chomping D20 with the Pac-Man theme playing in the background...or...falling endlessly then realizing you have a parachute, but when you pull the cord hundreds of D20s going pouring out into the sky instead of a chute...or, well...you get the idea. Don't say you haven't been warned.

*loud echoing maniacal laughter*

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old January 27th, 2016, 01:01 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart
Re: New die face idea.

2d6 is pretty flexible actually, limiting a success to 2 or 12 is 1/36 which is like a 19.5 on a d20, so asking for "double sixes or ones" is close enough to 1/20 for customs if you want to do away with it.
You can then combine various results to give outcomes in units that correspond to an increase in 1 at a time on a d20

eg 1 in d20 = roll 2 or 12
2 in d20 = roll 3 or 11
3 in d20 roll 2,3,11 or 12
4 in d20 roll 5 or 9
5 in d20 roll 6 or 8
6 in d20 roll a 2, 12 or 7

etc...

but surely thats not easier than just rolling a d20
Old January 27th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

In its own way, this is the most spectacular necro I think I've ever seen. Almost ten years old!

I salute you, @ekoxe1 , for the achievement.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 27th, 2016, 06:29 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

haha, I didnt see the date, Im new here so just clicking around a bit randomly I guess. Sorry!
Old February 4th, 2016, 02:52 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
In its own way, this is the most spectacular necro I think I've ever seen. Almost ten years old!

I salute you, @ekoxe1 , for the achievement.
Old February 4th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekoxe1 View Post
haha, I didnt see the date, Im new here so just clicking around a bit randomly I guess. Sorry!
Don't be sorry, buddy. You're one of us now, and you're welcome.

Have fun exploring the archives. There's a lot in there.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions