Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

A- for sure for the B-11. They are a tough squad and good until they get down to one figure.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old April 8th, 2014, 09:19 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

I would say the rating for the Skeletons of Annellintia is about right. If anything their "swinginess" makes them more of a B unit, but with some lucky rolls they can be quite bothersome.
Problem is my daughter tends to recover them at a rate of about 80% but when I use them it is maybe 25% at best (obviously just a small numbers / insufficient sample problems at this point).
They are definitely a fun and at least reasonably competitive addition to the game of 'Scape.
Old July 25th, 2014, 06:20 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
A- for sure for the B-11. They are a tough squad and good until they get down to one figure.
Even then, 5 to 5 range stats ain't too shabby for clean up

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old August 5th, 2014, 01:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Wow, I am way past due for an update here. Here's some first drafts before I deal with editing the links in the OP. Comments are welcome.

First, adjustments to existing rankings:

Augamo B+ -> A-: Augamo has proven to be a formidable foe with an answer for most matchups.
Cathar Spearmen A- -> A: They can be brought down by massed ranged fire or by bonding heroes soaking up the spear hits, but there's no denying the power of the Spearmen.
Quahon A- -> A: Nilfheim's toughness and maneuverability still makes him the stronger choice overall, but Quahon is close enough to get an A. When you are rolling hot for LBSA, big Blue is tough to beat.
Frost Giant C+ -> B-: he's not that bad.
Martial la Hire B -> B-: OM efficiency makes things hard on any melee hero in this point range that doesn't bond.
Morgoloth B->B+: Cheap, fast, hard hitting. Yes, the Hydra exists, but he's good. B+
Wolves of Badru B- -> B: Morgoloth drags them up a little more.
Deathstalkers B- -> B: The Deathcommander/Deathstalker build is tricky and high-risk, but it can roll a ton of dice.

Brimstone: Tricky to manage but a nice alternative to Othkurik in the price range. B

Kantono Daishi: Ninja Ulginesh is not so shabby. B
Shiori D->B- easily the biggest beneficiary of Kantono.
Ninjas of the Northern Wind C+->B- also a beneficiary
Kumiko C+->B- also a beneficiary
Otonashi C+->B- I just think Otonashi belongs here, really.
Moriko D->C Moriko still costs too much.

B-11 Resistance Corps: A ranged squad of Evar Scarcarvers is remarkably effective. A-
Grigor and Rogirg: A lot of points, and Krug exists, but they can do some damage. B

Varkaanan Quickblades: Special attacks are nice. So is high defense. B+
Varkaanan Swiftfangs: The early strike force that establishes board position for the Varks. B+
Varkaanan Darkclaws: The big bruisers are deadly in cleanup for the Varks. B+
Varkaanan Greyspears: The engine that makes the Vark build go. A-
Arktos: A powerful boost to the squads in life, and great on any ranged squad in death. B+
Bahadur: The big bruiser of the faction. B+
Manauvi: The weakest of the Vark heroes can still be quite useful. B

Quorik Warwitch: A ranged flyer with a defensive power is devastating in the right matchup, if underwhelming in others. B+
Sir Orrick: A cut below most other human champs, but still solid. B

Azurite Warlord: a great big hitter addition to the many, many armies he bonds with. B+

Akumaken: If all you have is low-attacking melee squaddies, weep. Manageable aside from that. B
Ebon Armor: The jury is still out on the effectiveness of the animata, but the potential is there. B
Tomoe Gozen B- -> B: Animated Samurai armor, anyone?
8th Infantry Pathfinder: Dust off Capt. Varan; he's got his running buddies. B+
Gorillitroopers: versatile, powerful, expensive. Time will tell if they can justify the price. B
Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep: Plenty of hitting power and staying power. B+

Bloodburst Thrall: perhaps the strongest Thrall yet, but let's see someone prove it. C+
Crypt Guardian: Tough, interesting synergies, but still slow and short on activations. B-
Sudema C- -> C: Certainly helped by CGs, but by how much?
Knights of Blackgaard: A 4-figure squad with 4/4 stats is nothing to sniff at, even at this price. B

Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior: Ranged flyers are automatically dangerous. How easy will the aura be to use? B+
Emperor Andask: Taelord at a discount? Or too hard to use? B
Major J15: The combination of powers gives J15 lots of options. B+
Hoplitron B->B+: now they have a formidable champion to work with.
Rygarn: Adds versatility and a good engame hero to his armies. B
Old August 5th, 2014, 01:53 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Having played Emperor Andask, I feel he deserves a bit more than a B. His point value along with that of the other Kyrie he benefits makes it difficult to build an average 500 point army, but his boosts are great. He doubles the chances of Runa getting an insta-kill, and helps out Atlaga too (In fact, I feel he may bump up their power rankings as well). He is a nice replacement for Taelord for the minions, and though you lose order marker efficiency and that extra attack die, you gain 50 points and are more likely to get 3 4 skull attack rolls.

Emperor Andask, Runa, Minions of Utgar x2, and 30 points of filler makes and interesting synergistic Kyrie army.

With his aura and D20 enhancement, and the fact that he is a potent ranged flier on his own, I think Emperor Andask could be a B+. I'm not sure if he warrants a bump in most of the other Kyrie power rankings, but I do feel he makes Runa better.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 5th, 2014, 01:58 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I agree a Runa bump makes sense, although we might just be talking C- to C.

As for the army you suggest, it seems far too short on life to defeat most armies based around B+ figures.

Last edited by dok; August 5th, 2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old August 5th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I wholeheartedly agree with the Badru/Morgoloth raise. Morgoloth's double attack and disengage aura makes the Badru so much better. Still, a few missed pounces can spell doom. The Cathar and Quahon also deserved a raise. I don't think Brimstone deserves that high a ranking, but I've only played him a couple times and had mediocre luck each time.

I mostly agree with you, but here are my thoughts on C3V Wave 5:
Akumaken: Brutal against melee armies. Once he has a Soul marker, he will consistently kill things. B/B+
Ebon Armor: A solid squad, but tough to work well. B
8th Infantry Pathfinder: Very strong in some matchups. When they are outranged, they have a tough time. B+
Gorillitroopers: Strong but expensive for few figures. B
Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep: Hard to kill and versatile on the battlefield. Still, you don't get many figures. B
Bloodburst Thrall: The strongest of the Thralls, but a Thrall army is still weak. B-
Crypt Guardian: Sudema is still overcosted, but the Crypt Guardians make a fun army. C+/B-
Knights of Blackgaard: Terribly strong at high point totals when paired with the Vulcanmech. The Steamroller is better, though. A-
Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior: Hard to get his aura to work, but a ranged flier is dangerous. B
Emperor Andask: A festivus, I mean Taelord for the rest of us melee figures. Tricky OM management keeps him balanced. B
Major J15: An all-around solid figure. B+
Rygarn: Rygarn helps most when you're already behind. He's more of a safety net than a power booster. His stats keep him useful in the endgame, though. B
Old August 5th, 2014, 02:03 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I agree a Runa bump makes sense, although we might just be talking C- to C.

As for the army you suggest, it seems far to short on life to defeat most armies based around B+ figures.
That's true, hadn't thought about that. Against a hero-based or high-defense army made up of high cost units, I think my suggestion would be quite powerful. Against most squad-based armies, I totally agree with you. Didn't think that statement completely through.

As for Runa, from C- to C was what I was thinking.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 5th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Augamo B+ -> A-: Augamo has proven to be a formidable foe with an answer for most matchups.
Ok even if I think he still has to prove he's A-.

Quote:
Cathar Spearmen A- -> A: They can be brought down by massed ranged fire or by bonding heroes soaking up the spear hits, but there's no denying the power of the Spearmen.
Finally yes.
With the Raymond+Cathars+Kravs build they have almost no counters. And you have to take in A or A+ to beat them.

Quote:
Quahon A- -> A: Nilfheim's toughness and maneuverability still makes him the stronger choice overall, but Quahon is close enough to get an A. When you are rolling hot for LBSA, big Blue is tough to beat.
Correct tough by impossible and I agree with you.
To me Quahon is stronger than Nilf because she has more range and can use her special attack way more comfortably when she's engaged.
She's not A+ tho. One of the stronger A but not A+.

Quote:
Frost Giant C+ -> B-: he's not that bad.
Of course he's not. You should even consider to bring him to B or even B+. It's one of the stronger Shark around here at least at the same level as Krug and Shurrak.

Quote:
Martial la Hire B -> B-: OM efficiency makes things hard on any melee hero in this point range that doesn't bond.
Agree.

Quote:
Morgoloth B->B+: Cheap, fast, hard hitting. Yes, the Hydra exists, but he's good. B+
He's A- to me. It's by far the best bonding hero. Huge stats and great powers.

Quote:
Wolves of Badru B- -> B: Morgoloth drags them up a little more.
You can even consider B+. Yes there are fragile but 2 attacks of 4 and 3 attacks of 5 is one of the strongest firepower in the whole game. And you can quite easily have this now.
From What I saw they had good results in tournaments even against top tier squads.

Quote:
Deathstalkers B- -> B: The Deathcommander/Deathstalker build is tricky and high-risk, but it can roll a ton of dice.
Never tested or saw. I can't tell.

Quote:
Brimstone: Tricky to manage but a nice alternative to Othkurik in the price range. B
What. I completely disagree with you here. Brimstone is incredibly high-risk and dependant to luck. He's reserved to fun games and not competitives ones. He's C/C+ to me.

Quote:
Kantono Daishi: Ninja Ulginesh is not so shabby. B
Shiori D->B- easily the biggest beneficiary of Kantono.
Ninjas of the Northern Wind C+->B- also a beneficiary
Kumiko C+->B- also a beneficiary
Otonashi C+->B- I just think Otonashi belongs here, really.
Moriko D->C Moriko still costs too much.
Agree but the squad is clearly better than Shiori or Kumiko to me. Should be B.

Quote:
B-11 Resistance Corps: A ranged squad of Evar Scarcarvers is remarkably effective. A-
Agree. Even is they have some troubles against range.

Quote:
Grigor and Rogirg: A lot of points, and Krug exists, but they can do some damage. B
Completely disagree. They're incredibly luck dependant and should be reserved for fun games. Also they cost way too much for what they offers. C/C+ to me.

I can't believe you rank them higher than the Frost Giant. It's a complete non-sense.

Quote:
Varkaanan Quickblades: Special attacks are nice. So is high defense. B+
Varkaanan Swiftfangs: The early strike force that establishes board position for the Varks. B+
Varkaanan Darkclaws: The big bruisers are deadly in cleanup for the Varks. B+
Varkaanan Greyspears: The engine that makes the Vark build go. A-
Arktos: A powerful boost to the squads in life, and great on any ranged squad in death. B+
Bahadur: The big bruiser of the faction. B+
Manauvi: The weakest of the Vark heroes can still be quite useful. B
Agree for everything except for Quickblades and Manauvi both one letter too high.

Quote:
Quorik Warwitch: A ranged flyer with a defensive power is devastating in the right matchup, if underwhelming in others. B+
Yeah agree. She's more strong defensively that she seems to be.

Quote:
Sir Orrick: A cut below most other human champs, but still solid. B

Azurite Warlord: a great big hitter addition to the many, many armies he bonds with. B+
Agree for both.

Quote:
Akumaken: If all you have is low-attacking melee squaddies, weep. Manageable aside from that. B
Don't agree. He's way too specialized. And if you put it in an army too equilibrate its weaknesses he will not do the difference.
Also low-atttacking melee squads are not top tiers squads at all.
B-/C+

Quote:
Ebon Armor: The jury is still out on the effectiveness of the animata, but the potential is there. B
Hmmm I tested them and all they seemed to do was a bit of blocking and clean'up.
It's extremly hard to get a good turn with 3 or 4 guys with them if not impossible.
Even if you build all your army around them they're not that great.
But they're never awful tho.

Quote:
Tomoe Gozen B- -> B: Animated Samurai armor, anyone?8th Infantry Pathfinder: Dust off Capt. Varan; he's got his running buddies. B+
Agree.

Quote:
Gorillitroopers: versatile, powerful, expensive. Time will tell if they can justify the price. B
Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep: Plenty of hitting power and staying power. B+
I think you're overestimating them a bit. I'd say B- for both at forst sigh.

Quote:
Bloodburst Thrall: perhaps the strongest Thrall yet, but let's see someone prove it. C+
It's the strongest Thrall by far no need to prove it.
I don't think it'll put the Thrall+ Nicholas army so!mwhere near co!mpetitive tho. It still have a too many huge weaknesses.
B- for Bloodburst C+ for Deathstrike and C for preyblood.

Quote:
Crypt Guardian: Tough, interesting synergies, but still slow and short on activations. B-
I don't think they will help a lot.

Quote:
Sudema C- -> C: Certainly helped by CGs, but by how much?
The main weaknesses of sudema are not solved at all in my opinion.

Quote:
Knights of Blackgaard: A 4-figure squad with 4/4 stats is nothing to sniff at, even at this price. B
Yes but the only decent figure you can take with them is the Vulcanmech Incendiborgs... And alone they have too !much bad machups.

Quote:
Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior: Ranged flyers are automatically dangerous. How easy will the aura be to use? B+
Near impossible. If I had him in my army I would ignore this power and use him like Thyrian.
This power synergies SO BAD With the rest of the card. Never you want to engage such a figure.

Quote:
Emperor Andask: Taelord at a discount? Or too hard to use? B
Like really really hard. I think Andask is almost impossible to use as long as there is a decent number of ranged figures in the opponent's army. That means in like 80% of games.
Not B at all.

Note: This considering you're playing against someone who knows how to use ranged units.

Quote:
Major J15: The combination of powers gives J15 lots of options. B+
Yeah agree.

Quote:
Hoplitron B->B+: now they have a formidable champion to work with.
Yep.

Quote:
Rygarn: Adds versatility and a good engame hero to his armies. B
Still have to prove his potential.

Last edited by Foudzing; August 5th, 2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old August 5th, 2014, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

I have basically no experience with Brimstone and the consensus among respondents seems to be that he's no better than a B-. Personally I think he'd look a little underrated at C+, so we'll start at B-.

I'll go ahead and give Bloodbursts the B- to start.

Shieldsmiths starting at B instead of B+.

Runa to C because of Andask boost.

I'll drop Grigor&Rogirg down to a B- to start.

Any more feedback?
Old August 5th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Any more feedback?
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 5th, 2014, 09:31 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Any more feedback?
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.
Elderberries? What are elderberries?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs