Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 9th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Head Quarter.

You can keep it as an open community project and still impose some direction and structure. Dok suggested one way, there are others.

You can do better. Everybody cross-posting is not the path to making each unit the best it can be.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You can keep it as an open community project and still impose some direction and structure. Dok suggested one way, there are others.

You can do better. Everybody cross-posting is not the path to making each unit the best it can be.
I completely agree that there are other, more streamlined ways to do run a design project. And I'm not saying that the group should NOT add more direction and structure (or saying that they SHOULD).

My only issues were 1) the incorrect metaphor of each chef adding their favorite ingredient, and 2) the use of subjective, escalating words such as "should" and "can to better" and "is not the path". More structure might increase the probability of creating the best unit, but then again it might not. "Best" is very subjective, and some of the people on this thread were quite pleased with the current design.
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Edit: never mind. Good luck with your project.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 10th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Edit: never mind. Good luck with your project.
Good choice @Dad_Scaper . You were about to become one of the ingredients in the casserole.
Old January 12th, 2015, 04:57 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Another thing assigning a lead and committee would do is allow the project to move along as both the kobolds and, because of their re-opening, the Unicorn have seemed to stall. (The Uni for a week+ now, and the kobolds seem to have fizzled over the weekend as a design direction could not be established)

My suggestion did not eliminate the community from the process, but allowed the community to create an electoral college of members who speak with their voice. At least eliminating the voices from dozens to a handful. I suggested a two week timeframe for brainstorming, followed by a selection of those that were passionate, willing and representative of the community.

This included design transparency from the committee where the community would voice opinions so a trend of objections or approvals or tweaks can be seen and ingested by the committee. But without a sharper focus, and some authority for finality, I don't think any desired (SoV approved) output will be generated.
Old January 13th, 2015, 04:23 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm in the same boat as White Knight on this matter, I feel he expressed my opinion better than I could have. I heard and understood what dok and Dad_Scaper suggested, but I don't agree with that, at least not yet. Wen we'll have 2 or 3 customs made, it'll be time to look back and see if we can do better, but for now I would like to give time to the current way to bloom.
Especially, I totally don't agree with those that say that a card designed by a committee cannot be focused. I'm confident that the majority of the community knows that a sharp custom is better than a bloated one. It'll take time to trim the idea untils just what is needed is left, but I'm sure we can do it. I personally think that custom with few powers (2 max) are the best (at least as a goal while designing, to keep the custom sharp) and will advocate actively to reduce the power footprint on any cards that pass through BCoV. I'm just one of the guys, but I believe we are enough to think in a similar way. I think the current kobold design is quite sharp. 3 powers, but one is nearly mandatory due to their size (like flying on a custom with wings, you cannot really do without it). The others two develop one and only one point of the kobold, their loyalty to their master. They come in mass to protect him when he is in danger (wounded) and will exert vengeance if he die. One may disagree, but for me the kobolds are quite focused thematically.

However, I think we should formalize things a little more. The kobold have been rejected by the inner sanctum, so we should make a formal vote to decide what to do with them now, and once the vote is done, go with the result of the vote. Can you do that, @johnny139 . I think it is the way to keep thing advancing : where the discussion die because a lot of contradictory ideas are expressed, make a vote to choose a direction. We should do more vote to make sure a custom keep moving forward.

We should also decide if we prefer to put the Unicorn or the Kobold on hold the time being. I think we should focuse on only one at a time, and we should work on the kobold first.
Old March 4th, 2015, 10:04 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
I'm in the same boat as White Knight on this matter, I feel he expressed my opinion better than I could have. I heard and understood what dok and Dad_Scaper suggested, but I don't agree with that, at least not yet. Wen we'll have 2 or 3 customs made, it'll be time to look back and see if we can do better, but for now I would like to give time to the current way to bloom.
With two months of inactivity on one design, and just a trickle of activity on the other has anyone's mind changed about the approach?

Without someone driving progression, all the momentum on these designs has been killed. It's a shame with such good concepts and ideas out there......
Old March 4th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
With two months of inactivity on one design, and just a trickle of activity on the other has anyone's mind changed about the approach?

Without someone driving progression, all the momentum on these designs has been killed. It's a shame with such good concepts and ideas out there......
Whoever picks up the torch is welcome to it.

Unfortunately the winter months are terrible for me to do much except work and sleep and work some more.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 5th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

It was the same on the french forum for Kheris Fehn and Asterios, so I should say "no worries". The fact is that there are some period when people stop these projects... till someone decide to turn on again the machine.

It's the same for me, and for a lot of people : winter is an activity killer, we just have to wait its end...

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 21st, 2015, 06:05 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So, is this project still going or has it died out?
Old March 22nd, 2015, 12:23 AM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
So, is this project still going or has it died out?
It is on life support in a hospital that is having funding issues. We'll see whether or not they get enough donations.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 04:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Sorry, my lack of availability is definitely a factor here.

I think some major decisions about the goals and structures of the project have to be made before any real progress can happen, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards