Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 11th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: How to Host Your First Heroscape Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
For at least one of my recent tournaments I pre-built as many armies I could build with my collection (including some proxying) and had everyone pick from them right before we started playing. It went great.

My Co-organizer brought armies as well and I know some of them were used.
Great suggestion cap. ZB ran one like that but we had to run a different army for every round. It was rich with C3V builds which was really cool to see them in action. Plus no one had to bring figures, bonus.
I like the new avatar.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 11th, 2014, 12:16 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Stopping by the library tomorrow morning, going to ask them if I can use their meeting room. If not, then on Sunday I'll ask my pastor after the service.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old April 11th, 2014, 05:25 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Good luck! Have a blast! If your a smoker, make sure your lighter is on safety! ^_^

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; April 11th, 2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Cant always watch little kids and boys will be boys.
Old April 11th, 2014, 09:24 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Crap, something came up. I'll be out of town that weekend, so my only chance is to do it on a Thursday afternoon/evening. What time frame would work best...? It'll be during spring break so it shouldn't be too bad, but still...

Old April 11th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's hard to be a grown up.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 11th, 2014, 09:56 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

I see some good discussion on pre-arranging armies. I have used this for several years and it works pretty fair. Most of the inexperienced players like it because they don't know how to build a balanced army and are unsure of which units bond. Plus, many don't have their own stuff (like I see others have mentioned) so one person could have a great army because they own better stuff and someone else just has a master set.

I have about 50 or so 600 point armies all set up. The top 20 are at the front, numbered, and 2 D20 dice are rolled simultaneously. That's your army and your opponent's for game #1. 2 armies are moved up to take their places and the dice are rolled again for the next pair who are facing off. Armies with similar themes are lined up behind each other so they are not in play at the same time. For instance, I have 2 Kurrok Elemental armies both on the #20 slot, one behind the other. That way they won't ever face off. If the two D20 dice come up the same, it's an automatic re-roll.

I've had very few complaints about this format. Once in a while there is a painful set up. One time I got Marrden Hounds and the map was Breach. Three times I rolled a 3 or less for Pack Movement which meant my move was only 2 and you need at least a move of 3 for a 2 space figure to get out of that start zone. I got slaughtered by Arrow Gruts and Mimring. I tore down Breach and never set it up again. But other than me, nobody seems to complain.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds awesome TOM.
I know I was impressed by your army builds for your C3G tournament.
No surprise though. You do not win a Gen Con championship without knowing a thing or two about Heroscape.
Thanks for representing MI.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 13th, 2014, 09:57 PM

Made the event thread... Here goes nothing.

Old April 13th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Good! Now put it in your signature block, instead of that other one.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 14th, 2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Good! Now put it in your signature block, instead of that other one.
Done.

Old April 14th, 2014, 07:19 PM

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50122

I guess putting together a tourney just isn't going to work out for me. I'm not going to have time to secure another location and I'm super busy in May and the rest of the summer. And year, period, so... I guess I'll never play a 'Scape tournament.

Old April 14th, 2014, 08:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50122

I guess putting together a tourney just isn't going to work out for me. I'm not going to have time to secure another location and I'm super busy in May and the rest of the summer. And year, period, so... I guess I'll never play a 'Scape tournament.
No need to be so doomy gloomy. You're a young guy, there will be other opportunities for you to go to Tourneys.

If most of the attendees are your friends anyway why not host it in your basement or backyard? You might still be able to borrow tables and chairs from your church if need be.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events