Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 16th, 2009, 11:44 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Problem with the printing the stickers for bases

So I am fresh out of bases. With Heroscape completely vanished from stores in my area I am going to get back into making customs.

I found a pretty good wooden base to shape into the size of the bases from Michel's .

However the sticker for the bases in d/l section prints much brighter on my printer compared to what is on the Heroscape bases.

Like a bright yellow compared to a brown.
The ink cartridge is new so I doubt that's the problem.
I can't change the pdf becuase it is password protected to darken it.

Any other suggestions?
Old March 17th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Problem with the printing the stickers for bases

Try the ones from my customizing tools (in my sig). They're scanned from the originals and look exactly the same when I print them. The one in the download section never looked quite right to me either.
Old March 17th, 2009, 01:03 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

AWESOME!! I will have to try it when I get home this evening.

Thanks for the post I will let you know how it goes
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:03 PM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker

Either that, or get the image in the pdf to actual size, and just hit print screen. Paste it into PhotoShop and work off of that. Always a way around, right?

Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:00 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

Unless you have a very cheap printer you should be a able to adjust things like color balance and lightness in your print(-er) setup.
Old March 31st, 2009, 03:33 PM

Hey Grey owl I gave your files a shot on avery sticker sheets. The images are the right size but when you match them up next to orginal bases the lines look a little blury and faded.

Are these scans of orginal bases?

I am going to shop around for a high gloss sticker paper.
Old March 31st, 2009, 05:08 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izner View Post
Either that, or get the image in the pdf to actual size, and just hit print screen. Paste it into PhotoShop and work off of that. Always a way around, right?
This would only work for producing a web/display quality image. "Screen print" will reduce the image to 72dpi, it will also convert the color settings to RGB. Both of which would hurt the final appearance. Adjusting your printer's settings and glossy paper are your best bets. If you still not happy with the results, you'll need to get access to a color laser printer. I just printed a test sheet from my HP Laserjet using Malechi's file and it looks perfect.
Old March 31st, 2009, 05:19 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
Hey Grey owl I gave your files a shot on avery sticker sheets. The images are the right size but when you match them up next to orginal bases the lines look a little blury and faded.

Are these scans of orginal bases?

I am going to shop around for a high gloss sticker paper.
They are touched-up from original scans. When I print mine, they look almost identical to the originals. You have to be a few inches away to see any difference. But it is highly dependant on the quality of your printer and the paper you use. I use glossy photo paper.
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:29 PM

Just as a update since another poster had the same question.

All I had to do was darken the file From Grey Owls sig and now you can barely even tell the difference from the orginals.

Thanks guys for all your help. I am making customs so fast now I don't even upload all ofthem in my customs thread. Plus I wasn't gettign a hole lot of feedback on them anywas to play test them but I still enjoy expanding my heroscap collection for super cheep.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards