Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 9th, 2012, 03:17 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Frankly I don't see how utgar could have lasted long enough to create valkrill... at 4 to 1 odds I don't see how he ever thought he could win the war...

You haven't compared the total number of cards between factions, have you?! Utgar has THE most units in all of Heroscape...it's not even close.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:38 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:
Frankly I don't see how utgar could have lasted long enough to create valkrill... at 4 to 1 odds I don't see how he ever thought he could win the war...

You haven't compared the total number of cards between factions, have you?! Utgar has THE most units in all of Heroscape...it's not even close.
Exactly. It's not about the number of generals you control, it's about the number of Wellsprings, and apparently Utgar got his hands on a lot of/a few very high quality wellsprings early on, and he's never lost that advantage.

L.K.R.
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Now that's what I call high quality H2O.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I just saw that Mind Shackle says, after successfully mind-shackling, to "Remove all order markers on this card" after referring to the newly captured card as "that card." Does that mean that when Ne-Gok-Sa mind-shackles someone, you have to take all of the OMs off of Ne-Gok-Sa's card and he's done for the round? Am I reading it right?

EDIT: I saw Griffin ask the same question above, and worldsenemy answered it. Thanks anyway!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:27 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

You can read it the way you want to read it, I guess.

The way it is supposed to work is to remove the order markers from the Unique card that got Mind Shackled.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:51 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly. It's not about the number of generals you control, it's about the number of Wellsprings, and apparently Utgar got his hands on a lot of/a few very high quality wellsprings early on, and he's never lost that advantage.
Besides, in the beginning it wasn't a 4 to 1 battle. It was a 3 to 2 battle. (Utgar, Einar, Vydar vs. Jandar, Ullar [RotV-Millandon's Prophecy I believe])

Then it became a sort of free-for-all until the era of SotM. At that time, it became a 5 to 1 war, with the forging of the Alliance and the rise of Aquillia.

Utgar has maintained his military strength throughout all this, always dominating. Now, just recently, Valkrill was created by the Drow, and Vydar betrayed the Allies, making it a 3 to 4 (Or a 2 to 1 to 4) conflict .

The Alliance is broken.

It seems the end is near.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:46 PM

DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Besides, in the beginning it wasn't a 4 to 1 battle. It was a 3 to 2 battle. (Utgar, Einar, Vydar vs. Jandar, Ullar [RotV-Millandon's Prophecy I believe])

Then it became a sort of free-for-all until the era of SotM. At that time, it became a 5 to 1 war, with the forging of the Alliance and the rise of Aquillia.

Utgar has maintained his military strength throughout all this, always dominating. Now, just recently, Valkrill was created by the Drow, and Vydar betrayed the Allies, making it a 3 to 4 (Or a 2 to 1 to 4) conflict .

The Alliance is broken.

It seems the end is near.

Where do you find all this backstory and flavor text? I didn't know about Vydar betraying the alliance.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

The Shadow Cavern details Vydar's betrayal. The rest is in the biographies (in the books) and Thormun's Journal (Fi Skirata compiled the journals online and someone else made a copy in the Downloads section).
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
The Shadow Cavern details Vydar's betrayal. The rest is in the biographies (in the books) and Thormun's Journal (Fi Skirata compiled the journals online and someone else made a copy in the Downloads section).
Yeah, Journals are nothing but backstory.

In the MS rule books and packaging you can also find some fragments.
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:38 PM

CronArmy is surprisingly tart

So I don't know if this has been asked before, so forgive me if it has; but it's a mind shackle question. In a recent game both my friend and I had a Syveris in our armies. His was taken out early on. Later he tried to take control of mine with mind shackle, is this allowed? Since his was already out of play it's not technically him having two on the board at the same time, so we had no idea. I ended up allowing it since I figured it wouldn't work, but of course this was when fate granted him a 20 -_- ended up causing quite a shift in the battle as you can imagine.

But anyway, anyone know if this was legal or not? Seem like it could go both ways to me.
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CronArmy View Post
So I don't know if this has been asked before, so forgive me if it has; but it's a mind shackle question. In a recent game both my friend and I had a Syveris in our armies. His was taken out early on. Later he tried to take control of mine with mind shackle, is this allowed? Since his was already out of play it's not technically him having two on the board at the same time, so we had no idea. I ended up allowing it since I figured it wouldn't work, but of course this was when fate granted him a 20 -_- ended up causing quite a shift in the battle as you can imagine.

But anyway, anyone know if this was legal or not? Seem like it could go both ways to me.
Yup, because his original Syvarris was no longer in play your opponent *could* mindshackle yours.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronArmy View Post

Yup, because his original Syvarris was no longer in play your opponent *could* mindshackle yours.
Sorry, but No. He previously controlled Syvarris at one point, so he could not take control of yours, even if he destroyed it.

This is due to the Glyph of Sturla (Revive), which could allow for the possibility of his Syvarris coming back, creating major issues.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units