Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness
505 Point Competitive Armies

I've read a number of Heroscapers metagame summaries lately, where 505 point tournament winning armies were mentioned.

By contrast, my searches for threads devoted to 505 point competitive armies didn't turn up anything, so I figured I'd start this one up.

Without further ado:

Nilfheim - 185
Sir Dupuis - 150
Knights of Weston x2 - 140
Eldgrim - 30
---------------------------
505 points

On a small map, I witnessed this army steamroll an army consisting of Glads x1, Blasts x1, Krav, Major Q10, and Laglor.

In this army, Nilfheim can either operate behind a screen of Knights or the Knights can charge forward with Eldgrim leading the way and establishing early engagement. Sir Dupuis is an outstanding assassin (and a good target for Eldgrim's spirit) when he charges past units (Tactical Disengagement 7) to deliver 7A attacks, boosted +3A by Knight's Courage.

I don't imagine that the above army is as powerful as other KoW and Nilfheim builds (i.e. KoW x3, Sir Gilbert, and Nilfheim = 500 points), but it is a fun alternative if you'd like to field Sir Dupuis or if you lack certain figures (i.e. the 3rd set of KoW and Gilbert in my case).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion