Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 26th, 2007, 11:39 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
Quote:
Hive Supremacy
Anytime you roll the 20-sided die for a Marro or Wulsinu Army Card, you may add 1 to your die roll.
Is the +1 applicable only for powers on theses Army cards or any circumstances where you have to roll for a Marro or Wulsinu Figures. Take Mitonsul as an example? (or Sturla, Oreld, Nilrend, Wannock, etc.)
My take would be that Su-Bak-Na only affects the powers listed on those cards, and NOT for all D20 rolls that a wulsinu or marro figure has to make.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old November 26th, 2007, 01:17 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmiles
Quote:
Quote:
Hive Supremacy
Anytime you roll the 20-sided die for a Marro or Wulsinu Army Card, you may add 1 to your die roll.
Is the +1 applicable only for powers on theses Army cards or any circumstances where you have to roll for a Marro or Wulsinu Figures. Take Mitonsul as an example? (or Sturla, Oreld, Nilrend, Wannock, etc.)
My take would be that Su-Bak-Na only affects the powers listed on those cards, and NOT for all D20 rolls that a wulsinu or marro figure has to make.
I agree.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old November 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Hive Supremacy

Aranas
It says army card, not the player using the army card. So it only counts for Marro powers.
Old March 13th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I just played this guy with two sets of nagrubs. This combo took out Captain America (who had already taken two wounds), Deadeye Dan, and Sir Denrick. After all of this he had eaten all of his Scooby Snacks (nagrubs) and only had two wound markers on him after the fight. This means that he effectively had 11 life by the time the game ended. I did get some lucky rolls too but there was some serious butt-kicking going on and with the nagrubs it was quite a bit easier to send Su-Bak-Na in blazing right into the thick of things.

The biggest caveat was that he didn't have to face any serious multi-attacking ranged threats. I think it's a great combo for cleanup, though, by which time you could have already eliminated a fair amount of the opponent's ranged squads. This plus 3 sets of stingers is an even 400 points, and the stingers get a +1 to their drain roll while you send them in as the vanguard of your attack. You could throw in the krav maga on top for a solid 500 point army.

3x Stingers
2x Nagrubs
Su-Bak-Na
Krav Maga

Try to use the krav maga to counter key ranged units, the stingers to take out the bulk of the opponent's army, and send in Su-Bak-Na and his Scooby Snacklings to tackle the hard to crack targets and/or to finish off the game.
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:39 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart
Im play testing
4 stingers
3 grubs
1 SBN
and Isamu

Its working quite well for me.
SBN is seeing a lot more play than TKN these days because of the grubs

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old March 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBeast
Im play testing
4 stingers
3 grubs
1 SBN
and Isamu

Its working quite well for me.
SBN is seeing a lot more play than TKN these days because of the grubs
I have played that and loved it. At 500 points/24 spaces you know it was meant to be.
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:55 PM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Su-Bak-Na

I finally got to play with SBN the other day - my group has had a prolonged hiatus due to my going to school and another buddy's wife becoming preggers - and i was thoroughly impressed at the affect he has on a Marro Army. I shan't be without him now that I have him.

He saved at least 3 stingers from death becasue I can't roll the d20 when it really matters. I wasn't able to mindshackle anyone but he did put that fear into my opponents and that left Ne-Gok-Sa alone until SBN died.

Also, that 7 attack wiped Mimring from the board in one attack. He had just obliterated a line of Drudge in the swamp and apparently wasn't worried about SBN being only 3 spaces away. It was awesome. SBN is definitely a must have in your Marro Army.
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree, SBN is one of my favorite units, maybe even my most favorite unit. With a defense of 3 he may not be as competitve as some other units, but I don't play a lot of tournament calibre play, so I get a lot of use out of SBN.

Last edited by A_Train; May 29th, 2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Had defense of 4, not 3.
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

SBN was completely revitalized with the release of the Nagrubs.

He's still a paper tiger with that weak defense, but at least with the Nagrubs, he's got some scotch tape available to patch up the rips.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old May 29th, 2008, 03:59 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this was mentioned.

Did anyone relize that Sue here plus two hords of doggy treats is 220 points, a.k.a Torky. This is an interesting little thing. For 220 you can get sir stomps a lot or Sue and some trail mix.
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:30 PM

shotgunshawn Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist View Post
Su-Bak-Na should never, ever, be put out in the open. He should never, ever move towards an enemy without being able to attack it. He wil always be cut down if he is left out in the open. always.

I like to pair him with the nagrubs and put all 3 order markers on them. Then run Su-Bak-Na out and kill, kill, kill until he finally falls. With one set of nagrubs its 190 points, we always play at least 600 point armies. So I consider it an acceptable loss if I can destroy enough before he dies, and a vast majority of the time I do. I have taken Q9 down in one shot several times. My opponents have chosen to lock Cyprien up with him alot and he has NEVER prevailed against the bone dragon. In one game in particular I killed Mimring, Cyprien, Q9, Zelrig, not to mention a few squadies before my opponents were finally able to take him down.

Of course there are those times when I lose him without even rolling the dice once, but that usually happens when I hold him back and bring him out later, so go figure.
Old November 30th, 2008, 05:04 PM

Teh_Marro_Child Woo who?

SBN is my favorite hivelord hands down plus using him with KMS really makes the mind shackle a scarry reality for opponents!

If the Marro werent so epic they wouldn't have put them on the attack die
The bigger they are the harder you have to hit them before they fall
My Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units