Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 18th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
My main compleint about the LoW box (after the box... and yes, mine opens if I store it upright), is that as good as the instert is, it's quicker to bag everything than put it all back in it's place after the game.

I do like the game, not to Fanboy's level, but a more appropriate, easily calculable level.

We might need to stay after your 11/10 tourney to play this. I might have my work gaming buddy with me and he is approaching your level of inappropriate love for this game. I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape, where it is accepted and belongs.
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[QUOTE=Gurei-Ornery;1676911]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

We might need to stay after your 11/10 tourney to play this. I might have my work gaming buddy with me and he is approaching your level of inappropriate love for this game. I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape, where it is accepted and belongs.
Not trying to invite myself, and I don't know if the ragtag group I (might) have with me will be able to stay for an extra hour, but I'd be interested in at least seeing this played. If there are extra spots and adequate time, I'd seriously think about participating.

In other matters, I played a game of Morels with my wife last night. It is a light, quick two-player game that involves some strategic planning and a few tough decisions. We enjoyed it, which is a good thing because she will probably be interested in playing again sometime.
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Is NyysCon an annual thing for you? I might be up for it next year, although inviting myself is by no means polite.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:07 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Is NyysCon an annual thing for you? I might be up for it next year, although inviting myself is by no means polite.
Well technically he invited you and anyone else we know in Episode 5 of the podcast
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:59 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Well technically he invited you and anyone else we know in Episode 5 of the podcast
Well yeah, but he also said his house was only so big.
More or less as in, NHSD is right around there and I' busy with other things.

Old September 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Been playing a lot of the current favorites of my kids

Sentinels of the Multiverse
Monsters & Maidens
Snake Oil

Also getting in at least one game daily of ..

If I'm Going Down...

Trying to put together a Google Hangout for some time this weekend to play a new yet to be published party game if anyone is interested. Adults only please.

From what I can tell of the game it is the "Say Anything" equivalent of "Cards Against Humanity"
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:04 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Tyring to make it annual, yes. Depending on the turnout this year, I may see about moving it to a small hall next year if it keeps growing.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I threw that into the end of the ep to see who was listening (and if they would respond).

Anyone that I've played with regularly at Scape Tourneys and Cons are welcome to come, just shoot me a PM and I can get you the details (it's on October 6th).

-insert signature here-
Old September 19th, 2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Trying to put together a Google Hangout for some time this weekend to play a new yet to be published party game if anyone is interested. Adults only please.

From what I can tell of the game it is the "Say Anything" equivalent of "Cards Against Humanity"
Ah so that's why I'm not permissed. I've heard about Cards Against Humanity and my friend owns it, but he recently moved so I haven't played it.

Old September 21st, 2012, 10:55 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My son and I played a game of X-Wing Miniatures tonight and had a blast. This is definitely one of my current favorites. FFG really did a great job of capturing the feel of those great Star Wars space battles. It is tons of fun to play, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Star Wars (particularly the originial trilogy).
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
My son and I played a game of X-Wing Miniatures tonight and had a blast. This is definitely one of my current favorites. FFG really did a great job of capturing the feel of those great Star Wars space battles. It is tons of fun to play, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Star Wars (particularly the originial trilogy).

It's really fun for sure Akden, glad you and your son are enjoying it. We had played with lots of asteroids before and that makes it even more challenging in maneuvering around those. One of my buddies seems to always manage to hit them once a game.

I got my X-Wing stuff in Tuesday (2x Core and 1 of each expansion), and just finally got finished getting everything put away. Ships, bases, pegs, base pilot bits, baggies with each ship's bits and dial, cards and dice in a Plano box, with the move templates, range rulers, rules, obstacles and other bits in one of the original boxes.

My previous plays were with other people's minis in our group but can't wait to take mine for a spin.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 22nd, 2012, 02:44 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Got in a couple rounds of The Resistance tonight at a meetup. The first one was a major debacle where the spies trounced us poor resistance fighters very badly 3 straight failed missions in a row. They just had our ticket that game. The second was almost as much of a blowout for the resistance side as the right action cards basically outed who was resistance or spies pretty early on.

Also tried my first couple games of Chrononauts both of which I won so naturally I enjoyed the game. If you haven't played the game it has a bit of Fluxx like structure in it but not anywhere near as erratic or crazy. There is a timeline of events that is just like our regular one starting (at least in our game) with the Lincoln Assassination and ending with the Columbine Shooting. The mechanics of it can allow you to really annoy the hell out of the other players though with "Your Parents never meet" so they have to change identities or "Get there first: and taking their artifacts. Then change the timeline to meet the one you originally came from while messing with the changes other players make. Lots of fun!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:15 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I played 7 Wonders twice tonight for the first time and lost both games--both games were with 6 players. Then I played Power Grid once with 5 players and lost that too. They were both fun games and I'm looking forward to playing them again. My wife liked 7 Wonders enough that she said we should buy it sometime--that's always a good sign.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games