Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 16th, 2020, 05:52 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Lois Lane

The Book of Lois Lane

C3G DC WAVE 42
SUPERMAN FAMILY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Superman and Wonder Woman set.
Its model number and name are #047 / Lois Lane.

Character Bio - Faster than breaking news! More powerful than a tell-all expose! Able to change the world with a single story! It's Lois Lane, the Woman of Steel!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Journalist, Lois has these Journalist Synergies.
  • If an opponent's figure is engaged with a Kryptonian you control, that opponent's figure cannot attack Lois Lane due to her Kryptonian Protection special power.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • Lois Lane may offer additional attacks to Kal-El or Kal-L with her Superman's Girlfriend special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; November 6th, 2021 at 03:44 AM.
Old September 16th, 2020, 05:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Lois Lane (Perry, how do I spell Breathing?)

NAME = LOIS LANE
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = JOURNALIST
PERSONALITY = DAUNTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 100

GET THE SCOOP
At the start of the round, after Order Markers are placed, you may move Lois up to 4 spaces. When rolling for initiative, add 1 to your roll for each Order Marker on the Army Card of an enemy figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Lois.

KRYPTONIAN PROTECTION
If an opponent's figure is engaged with a Kryptonian you control, that opponent's figure cannot attack Lois.

SUPERMAN'S GIRLFRIEND
After taking a turn with a Unique Kal-El Hero or Unique Kal-L Hero you control, if Lois is within 3 clear sight spaces of an opponent's figure, you may immediately take an additional turn with that Kal-El or Kal-L, during which he cannot move and may only attack figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Lois. If Lois is destroyed, inflict 2 wounds on a Unique Kal-El Hero or Unique Kal-L Hero you control.

Last edited by tcglkn; January 27th, 2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old September 16th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Just A Head

Comic Art
Spoiler Alert!

Mini Art
Spoiler Alert!

Background Art

Last edited by MrNobody; September 19th, 2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old September 16th, 2020, 05:57 PM
Just A Head

Read all about it!

Only change I made here was dropping the heartbreak wounds on Superman's Girlfriend. It just felt a bit too punitive on a unit that could potentially get one-shot sniped by a random enemy.
Old September 16th, 2020, 05:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Looks like a solid interpretation of Lois. Don't feel anything needs to change here.
Old September 16th, 2020, 07:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Looks like a solid interpretation of Lois. Don't feel anything needs to change here.
Yeah, I dig it.

I might alter the personality. Determined feels a bit "basic" for Lois. I'd favor something like Dauntless. I like Unflappable to, but probably don't need to make a new personality at this point.

I'd put her at about 60 as a starting point.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 16th, 2020, 09:22 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I dig it! I think it's a worthwhile play to wound your own Lois with an autowound power (then protect her with Supes), so I'd watch that in playtesting. Easy enough to snipe her with a ranged special though, so it's probably not a big deal. But to avoid that entirely, you could go with something like this:

Quote:
SUPERMAN'S GIRLFRIEND
When a Kal-El figure you control attacks with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time if Lois Lane is engaged to the defending figure.
Old September 17th, 2020, 09:39 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I do kind of miss the Heartbreak mechanic - maybe tone it down a bit to removing all the OMs on his card or something? If Lois gets blown away in the middle of a fight - even if she's just, thematically, getting knocked out or something - he should have SOME sort of emotional reaction. Particularly when the card is all about diving into dangerous situations. There should be a strong incentive to keep her alive, and I think the malus helps as much as the bonus.

Thoughts on making it Superman over Kal-El? We're currently boxing out Golden Age Superman (Kal-L) which is sort of a bummer. There's a few bends (Cal Ellis, Jon Kent), but I think I'm okay with that?
Old September 17th, 2020, 09:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dig Archie's suggestion there.

I like johnny's OM loss suggestion. He makes a good point on theme.

Losing Kal-El means losing Clark Kent too. I think I'd rather keep Clark in the mix and lose Kal-L than bring in Kal-L, lose Clark, and bring in some unthematic ones.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 17th, 2020, 09:59 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Would Kal-El and Kal-L be too much of a stretch?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 17th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I do kind of miss the Heartbreak mechanic - maybe tone it down a bit to removing all the OMs on his card or something? If Lois gets blown away in the middle of a fight - even if she's just, thematically, getting knocked out or something - he should have SOME sort of emotional reaction. Particularly when the card is all about diving into dangerous situations. There should be a strong incentive to keep her alive, and I think the malus helps as much as the bonus.
I just don't think she's staying alive for long in her current state. Vigilante Protection has never helped Tim that much for me, and he can move with Bats in unison. Maybe that means Kryptonian Protection needs to be expanded though, instead of losing the downside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I dig it! I think it's a worthwhile play to wound your own Lois with an autowound power (then protect her with Supes), so I'd watch that in playtesting. Easy enough to snipe her with a ranged special though, so it's probably not a big deal. But to avoid that entirely, you could go with something like this:

Quote:
SUPERMAN'S GIRLFRIEND
When a Kal-El figure you control attacks with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time if Lois Lane is engaged to the defending figure.
I guess my thinking with this matches my thinking above - I'm just not picturing Lois lasting too long in her current state, so doing some cheesy autowound stuff to bring her even closer to death doesn't worry me too much. Totally open to being proven wrong there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to Johnny again
Thoughts on making it Superman over Kal-El? We're currently boxing out Golden Age Superman (Kal-L) which is sort of a bummer. There's a few bends (Cal Ellis, Jon Kent), but I think I'm okay with that?
With how our designing usually goes, Lois is basically blocking whatever group of Supermen we pick from ever having a double attack on their own card, and I just feel like it's way safer to do that to Kal-El than to all Supermen from all the Elseworlds and stuff like that. I'd be fine with Kal-El and Kal-L for sure.
Old September 19th, 2020, 01:56 PM
Just A Head

Okay, I've thought about it for a day or two, and I think I'm going to stick with just this small change for now. But I get the feeling that this design may take a little tweaking to get right. Lower power level/civilian designs like this always take a bit more tinkering in my experience. I'm definitely keeping all the ideas we've talked about so far in the back pocket as potential tweaks, since they're all pretty valid.
Quote:
NAME = LOIS LANE
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REPORTER
PERSONALITY = DAUNTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 60

GET THE SCOOP
At the start of the round, after Order Markers are placed, you may move Lois up to 4 spaces. When rolling initiative, add 2 to your initiative roll for every Order Marker on an opponent’s Army Card within 4 clear sight spaces of Lois.

KRYPTONIAN PROTECTION
If an opponent's figure is engaged with a Kryptonian you control, that opponent's figure cannot attack Lois.

SUPERMAN'S GIRLFRIEND
After attacking with a Kal-El or Kal-L figure you control, if Lois is within 4 clear sight spaces of that Kal-El or Kal-L, he may attack one additional time for each Wound Marker on this Army Card.
COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

CONSISTENCY CHECKLIST (SHORT FORM)
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library