Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - Accepting Entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Definately informative... other people have told me he's over powered but your the first to actually give me reasons why...
I playtested a figure similar to your healer (though different stats and didn't grant defensive boosts). Simply put, 2 High Elfs and 3 squads of Omnicrons is way too overpowered (and this is coming from a person who LIKES seeing some outstanding effects).

There are definitely a few ways to fix this card, though.

1. Drop Inner fire altogether and up the life to 4.

2. Forget about attack boosting, just leave the natural +1 defense. Also make him Unique.

3. Triple his cost.

Take your pick.
Yeah each of his powers is straight out of Warcraft III (the rts) I would be loath to drop any of them so I might go with tripling his cost... hes currently uncommon because there was no limit to how many you could have in the game... as opposed to the named characters who you could only have one of.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Definately informative... other people have told me he's over powered but your the first to actually give me reasons why...
I playtested a figure similar to your healer (though different stats and didn't grant defensive boosts). Simply put, 2 High Elfs and 3 squads of Omnicrons is way too overpowered (and this is coming from a person who LIKES seeing some outstanding effects).

There are definitely a few ways to fix this card, though.

1. Drop Inner fire altogether and up the life to 4.

2. Forget about attack boosting, just leave the natural +1 defense. Also make him Unique.

3. Triple his cost.

Take your pick.
Yeah each of his powers is straight out of Warcraft III (the rts) I would be loath to drop any of them so I might go with tripling his cost... hes currently uncommon because there was no limit to how many you could have in the game... as opposed to the named characters who you could only have one of.
I was sorta joking about tripling his cost...

Anyways, I understand your point. Cost does not matter so long as you stay true to the source material...

(PS: This guy currently costs 600 points)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; February 22nd, 2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: This was not a nomination for this card...
Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:11 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
As far as a mini goes for Kokiochi, how does this guy look?
That guy is SICK! Is he a Privateer Press model? Probably means he's made of metal and expensive and doesn't come painted though. I might get him. (I do a little painting) But, I would like to find something others can buy fairly cheaply.

As for the Elf Priest:
My choice to fix him would be split him into 2 different units.
One that is unique and grants a +1 attack and defense, and another that is uncommon and has the healing and maybe the Dispel Magic ability.
.... In my humble opinion.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:16 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Quote:
As far as a mini goes for Kokiochi, how does this guy look?
That guy is SICK! Is he a Privateer Press model? Probably means he's made of metal and expensive and doesn't come painted though. I might get him. (I do a little painting) But, I would like to find something others can buy fairly cheaply.

As for the Elf Priest:
One that is unique and grants a +1 attack and defense, and another that is uncommon and has the healing and maybe the Dispel Magic ability.
Hmmm... thats not half bad... I'd call the unique one the High Elf Adjudicator and the other could stay as the High Elf Priest.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:16 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is another samurai option:
Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:18 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post

As for the Elf Priest:
Hmmm... thats not half bad... I'd call the unique one the High Elf Adjudicator and the other could stay as the High Elf Priest.
Maybe you could leave the attack and defense booster uncommon but he would have to be around 150 points at that. So there would be a chance to get multiple in very big games but more likely than not you would just use 1.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Here is another samurai option:
That one is pretty cool too. what game is he from? DnD?

EDIT:

Well here are some more words for people to look at.
Today I've been looking at this dude.

Firstly: Very interesting unit. I like the drow a lot in general and you seem to have made a neat addition to their flock.
Secondly: He is maybe a little under priced. 5-10 points max. Backstab is a pretty powerful ability. Say you had 14 Drow assassins + Isamu in your army.(500 points) you will be getting 5 attack dice on a lot of figures. They are definitely hero killers. Basically if you have a lot of assassins, just have them flock to the nearest unit that has already taken a turn during the round. Plus it's a good advantage that an order marker will activate any 1 assassin of the attacker's choice on the field. This allows the person with drow assassins a tactical advantage. I could be wrong about this due to the fact that you can only move 1 per turn though. I'm eager to playtest this guy.
Thirdly: You are going to want to be more specific on the Out of Darkness ability. Things like; before or after initiative roll and before or after placing order markers. Make sure your between round abilities are as clear as crystal. A good clean ability will attract users and repel arguments.
Summary: Over-all a neat little unit. I still think it should be 40 - 45 points at first glance but I will play test it before I say anything definite like that. If advertised well enough, it could get nominated into the CHCG24 thread. (If you're lucky)

Hope it's helpful.
Roland

Last edited by GeneralRolando; February 22nd, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 11:36 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
That one is pretty cool too. what game is he from? DnD?
Yes, it is a prepainted DnD mini that goes for $6 on miniature market.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 11:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I will pull the War horse of Troy tomorrow if there are no comments on it by then and replace it with Kokiochi.
Here is an updated card, btw, though it may not matter now for the 3FG:

Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
I will pull the War horse of Troy tomorrow if there are no comments on it by then and replace it with Kokiochi.
Here is an updated card, btw, though it may not matter now for the 3FG:

Well, it looks like every loophole is pretty much closed, and the wording is good. Pricing and stats looks fine. I like how this looks. I would definitely play a few horses in games.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:13 PM

Megasilver, would you like me to put it in the list ready for CHCG24, for it seems to be ironed out well here?
Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Megasilver, would you like me to put it in the list ready for CHCG24, for it seems to be ironed out well here?
Sure, that would be nice. Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards