Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Hex Master hexagon terrain

You print them yourself. The nice thing about it is that you can print however many you want. The bad thing is that you have to pay for the materials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Fat Dragon Games is surprisingly tart

Yep, you download the PDf and print at home. The advantage of this format is you can make as many of these pieces as you want.

Tom Tullis
Fat Dragon Games
www.fatdragongames.com
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Do you usually print them out on card stock? I want to see these dungeon settings you speak of.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Do you usually print them out on card stock? I want to see these dungeon settings you speak of.
Yup. I have their EZHeros (great for MarvelScape) and a couple of their standard dungeon sets. Browse around the site, their stuff is amazing and they often offer sample sets from time to time.
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:38 PM

Here is a free beginners Guide that answers most questions on what you need to build our models:

http://www.fatdragongames.com/images...o_Modeling.pdf

Tom Tullis
Fat Dragon Games
www.fatdragongames.com
Old September 17th, 2009, 06:47 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

These look pretty cool, Fat Dragon Games. Nice ideas.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old September 17th, 2009, 10:45 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Those are very nice, thanks for paying some attention to 'Scape terrain FTG! I don't suppose you could put a one or two hex sample in your site's free section? I've never done this type of paper art & would love to give it a try (I just hope my printer takes the stock paper required.)

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old September 18th, 2009, 12:41 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow! This is a terrific product!

I just read the Beginner's Guide and it seems very approachable. I especially like the attention to detail, and the customization made available through the Layer system. Very cool!

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; December 20th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart

These are a great idea and I'm sure the photoshoppers will make all kinds of amazing stuff.

Great work, Fat Dragon!

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:12 AM

Thanks for the kind words all. Please let me know what you'd like to see in future sets- if any of you stop by our forums you'll see that most of our model sets are the result of customer requests.

Tom Tullis
Fat Dragon Games
www.fatdragongames.com
Old September 18th, 2009, 10:30 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Dragon Games View Post
Thanks for the kind words all. Please let me know what you'd like to see in future sets- if any of you stop by our forums you'll see that most of our model sets are the result of customer requests.
It would be nice to see some 1.5" grid tiles.
Old September 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Very excited about this. I've been watching the professional gaming papercraft suppliers and just waiting for somebody to tap the Heroscape market. Bought your first set late last night, sight unseen (before I knew there was a discount) because I want to do my part to support this line of development. Can't wait to get home and start printing and folding.

Here's a very cheap, simple way you could make a lot of your existing designs accessible to Heroscapers: build a set of printable adaptors that lock your existing designs onto Heroscape tiles. I am chomping at the bit to use orthogonal buildings on my hexagonal maps, and all I really need to make me desperately want lots of Dragonshire is for you to design some adaptors and make them freely downloadable. Here's a (quick, rough) concept sketch of one possible way they could be designed:

The green part (which would have various nice grass/gravel/dirt designs on top and sides) locks cleanly onto the tiles, and the brown (all blank) is intended for Dragonshire buildings to slide down onto (I picked a really crappy view angle here, but I'm sure you guys are smart enough to see where I'm going with this — probably already thought of it yourselves — and design something even better than what I have in my head.) There would need to be a series of adaptors to accommodate different building sizes, with two orientations for each building footprint (since at any given time I might want to orient the front face of the building one of two different ways on a hex grid: "with the grain" or "against the grain").

Does that all make sense?

Build those and I instantly become a new Dragonshire customer!

Other scapers, if you haven't seen Dragonshire you need to take a look — they are gorgeous. (And no, I have no relationship with Fat Dragon other than I bought my first product from them last night.)

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; September 18th, 2009 at 11:42 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News