Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 14th, 2020, 01:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Void (Design phase)

All versions of the Sentry that aren't the Age of the Sentry version are lame.

Could you do something like....

Quote:
CONSOLIDATING THE SWITCHY EFFECTS
You may draft one other Robert Reynolds figure that has the Unstable personality. If you do, Void does not start the game on the battlefield. You may only control one Robert Reynolds at a time. When placing your other Robert Reynolds on, or removing him from, the battlefield, switch him with Void. Void will not take leaving engagement attacks when moved this way.

THIS THING ON ITS OWN NOW
When your other Robert Reynolds is removed from the battlefield, you must place a red Void Marker on his card. While Robert Reynolds is on the battlefield, all Void Markers on his card count as Instability Markers.
Is there a reason I'm not seeing that you'd want to play him with Sentry? At a glance, looks like he makes Sentry worse, and you can't rely on his bonding when he's only on the battlefield sometimes.
Old November 14th, 2020, 02:59 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
And last I read the Sentry and Bob were split and Void was the Sentry and he got shunted off into the Cancerverse and became leader of the undying hordes from that universe and their Cthulhu gods (because Void is also an ancient Cthulhu god) so I'm comfortable making up our own "identity" rules here, since clearly Marvel is doing the same.
I guess my counterpoint would be that the Void/Sentry that I (and LP) are aiming for is the 2000-2010ish version, not the later "Hey let's bring this guy back" version. I think it's worth leaving that open for later designers though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Could you do something like....

Quote:
CONSOLIDATING THE SWITCHY EFFECTS
You may draft one other Robert Reynolds figure that has the Unstable personality. If you do, Void does not start the game on the battlefield. You may only control one Robert Reynolds at a time. When placing your other Robert Reynolds on, or removing him from, the battlefield, switch him with Void. Void will not take leaving engagement attacks when moved this way.

THIS THING ON ITS OWN NOW
When your other Robert Reynolds is removed from the battlefield, you must place a red Void Marker on his card. While Robert Reynolds is on the battlefield, all Void Markers on his card count as Instability Markers.
I don't see any immediate holes in that, other than maybe Void should start the game on Sentry's card with how that design works. That's kind of neat thematically anyways though. Thanks!

Quote:
Is there a reason I'm not seeing that you'd want to play him with Sentry? At a glance, looks like he makes Sentry worse, and you can't rely on his bonding when he's only on the battlefield sometimes.
Sentry's main weakness is that he randomly disappears from the game, and then you have to invest a ton of resources into getting him back. My hope is that Void will help with that, since you can slap OMs on Sentry to bring him back while still getting turns with a figure on the battlefield. Don't know if that'll play out in practice though.
Old November 14th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Ah right, there's the Doomsday mechanic. That helps. I'd still probably do something simpler/less punishing than the Void Markers though. Just have him tweak Bob's d20 rolls down or something. Heck, maybe have him tweak all your d20 rolls down. Event Hero and all.

I think right now the Void Markers and generalist bonding push him away from Sentry.
Old November 14th, 2020, 03:50 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What about something like;
Quote:
When Void is removed from the battlefield and switched with another Robert Reynolds, immediately roll the 20-sided die X times. For each roll of ?? or higher, place a purple Instability Marker on that Robert Reynolds's card. X is the current round number.
On the bonding front, I could see cutting that or reigning it back to just Sentry bonding if we feel like it's making him not like Sentry. I was just envisioning a scenario where you lead with Sentry and a leadership unit, then once the leader falls, you can start relying on Void as your big scary backup bonder.

I do definitely think he needs to be able to function off of Sentry's OMs, just cause I want the player to be able to actually use Void without feeling like they're leaving their other 500 point unit out to dry in the meantime.
Old November 14th, 2020, 05:43 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What about something like;
Quote:
When Void is removed from the battlefield and switched with another Robert Reynolds, immediately roll the 20-sided die X times. For each roll of ?? or higher, place a purple Instability Marker on that Robert Reynolds's card. X is the current round number.
Bit complex, but better in that at least Sentry can get rid of the extra markers.

Quote:
I do definitely think he needs to be able to function off of Sentry's OMs, just cause I want the player to be able to actually use Void without feeling like they're leaving their other 500 point unit out to dry in the meantime.
I like that piece of the interaction. I think the generalist appeal is just gonna lead him away from Sentry for ease of management.
Old November 17th, 2020, 12:14 PM
Just A Head

Alrighty, how does this look? Dropped the idea of Void Markers, and made it so he only does the bonding stuff with Sentry.
Quote:
NAME = VOID
SECRET IDENTITY = ROBERT REYNOLDS

SPECIES = ENTITY
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER
PERSONALITY = MALEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 5

LIFE = 12

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 500

COUNTERBALANCE TO ALL THAT IS GOOD
You may draft one other Robert Reynolds figure that has the Unstable personality. If you do, Void starts the game on that Robert Reynolds's card. You may only control one Robert Reynolds at a time. When placing your other Robert Reynolds on, or removing him from, the battlefield, switch him with Void. Void will not take leaving engagement attacks when moved this way. After revealing an Order Marker on your other Robert Reynolds's Army Card and instead of taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with Void.

SEEPING THROUGH THE CRACKS
When Void is removed from the battlefield and switched with another Robert Reynolds, immediately roll the 20-sided die X times, adding 4 to the roll if you only control Robert Reynolds figures. For each roll of 17 or higher, place a purple Instability Marker on that Robert Reynolds's card. X is the current round number.

INFINI-TENDRILS
At the end of each player's turn, if Void is on the battlefield, they may choose a figure on the battlefield other than Void and roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Old November 17th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just to make sure (apologies if this is another dumb question ) but can you take turns with figures that are in your army but you don't control? The first power relies on you being able to take turns with Sentry while he isn't on the battlefield.

Looks solid otherwise.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 17th, 2020, 01:10 PM
Just A Head

I was hoping somebody would tell me
Old November 17th, 2020, 01:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Not sure the ruling on that. We might be able to get around it by directly referencing it, saying something like "Instead of removing an instability marker from that figure's card."

Otherwise the mechanics are cool, and I think it would work. The thing to watch for is if Void is worth it. Sentry is a powerhouse, I want to make sure there's a reason to bring Void along also.
Old November 17th, 2020, 01:19 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think you need to word it like: "After revealing an Order Marker on your other Robert Reynolds's Army Card, if that figure is not on the battlefield, you may take a turn with Void."
Old November 17th, 2020, 02:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's the ticket.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 17th, 2020, 02:56 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library