Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 21st, 2010, 11:32 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
TotalCon24--Wrap Up thread w/Map display map video

First of all on behalf of ollie, nyys and myself a big thank you to everyone who came out.

(in no particular order)

Mombo
Mombo's girlfriend
(cause it takes two to mombo...right?)
TomCollins (extra thanks for the quick tutorial on Last Night on Earth)
Kelly Monster
Taeblewalker
Kildawabbit
(extra thanks for learning Bootleggers so quick for us)
Anthony Jr (okay he only came out cause I brought him but I am very glad I did as the kid had the time of his life...he was smiling the whole weekend and the ride home....GenCon might kill him)
Matt
Jimmy
Doug
Brandon
(The kid never played before...ever...we taught him to play in 5 minutes and he actually went 2-2...not bad)

Extra special thanks to theGuru (It's always great to see him...even when he doesn't bring us presents but it's always a nice bonus )

And thanks to Mrs Guru for coming along with him....I owe you a game of Pandemic

Also a big thank you for Angelia, Steve and the entire staff at TotalCon...they really made us not only feel welcome but showed that they really appreciated the effort we put in.

Ok onto results (Feel free to post your own battle reports)

Friday

General Wars-
TomCollins
Uncommon- Onacara (I wasn't even going to play but we had an uneven number of people)
Heat of Battle- nyys

Saturday

Walk Like a Man-
Onacara
Championship-
ollie
Above Cursed Lands- Bengi

Sunday

Super Showdown-
TomCollins
World Wars- nyys

And one final thank you to everyone who play tested SPACE STATION OMEGA...I will be tapping into you guys with some of the discussed changes as well as some other tweaks that I think will fix the issues we encountered.

Last edited by Onacara; February 22nd, 2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:16 AM
has been BANNED

Re: TotalCon24--Wrap Up thread w/Map display map video

Here is a 360 degree view of the Display/Learn To Play map that nyys built.

Last edited by Onacara; February 22nd, 2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:23 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Sweet video!

The whole weekend was great. We had several very enthusiastic people come and demo the game on the big display board. Some a little too enthusiastic, like the two 10yr olds who got into an argument and nearly toppled the whole thing. I kid you not. I'm also sick in bed today due to being coughed on all during said demo. Do I get hazard pay for that?

We had a continuous stream of questions and comments all weekend about HeroScape, and I would say 95% were all positive. Those that were less than positive were always about the theme. They couldn't get past how the 4th mass could defeat robots with lasers. Eh, their loss.

Onacara was also approached by one of the owners of a somewhat local, to me, FLGS, and they want us to demo scape for them some weekend in the near future. They sell Scape, and it's selling well, but they don't know how to play. This will be remedied.

Big thanks to theGuru and his box of goodies (the Wave 10 for the prize table too!).

TotalCon, an absolute fantastic event. We will be returning next year, and we already talked a little about how we can give people an even bigger 'wow' with the display board.

There's no way I'll remember everything for battle reports, but there were a couple of epic games I'll highlight that I won't be able to forget, a little later.

-insert signature here-
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Thanks Onacara for putting everything together, and thanks to everyone that came and made it so much fun. I'll put more results, reports, comments up and so on tomorrow (I only have a little time online today).
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

It was an absolute blast, and I know my girlfriend had an awesome time as well. On the car ride home she asked me, "So, when do I get to try and use some other units?". Hmmm....maybe I can convince her to go to GenCon? lol.

Heck, it should also be mentioned that she took 2nd place (or was it 3rd?) in the Championship when she's been playing less than a week! Once she gets some more practice, she will be a wicked force to be reckoned with

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:37 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

My poor Dwarves against all those 4th...

Battle at the Border III, we'll be announcing the date in April very soon.

-insert signature here-
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:05 PM

fil knows what's in an order marker fil knows what's in an order marker

I'm disappointed that I missed it, but thrilled that it went so well.

nyys - you'll have to let me know about that somewhat-local FLGS demo day; perhaps I can make that.

I'm eagerly awaiting the battle recaps! Let's see 'em!

Returns for more.

Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:33 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Congrats to all again. Anyone want to post some armies? I know nyys did.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Onacara was also approached by one of the owners of a somewhat local, to me, FLGS, and they want us to demo scape for them some weekend in the near future. They sell Scape, and it's selling well, but they don't know how to play. This will be remedied.
Not only was I approached by them but....2 other folks who run conventions in the Northeast came up to me to discuss us bringing Heroscape to their conventions.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Congrats to all again. Anyone want to post some armies? I know nyys did.
I'll bite:

General Wars
Snipers x2
Repulsors x3
Tarns
Kumiko

Uncommon
Jotun
Ninjas of the Northern Wind
AE

Heat of Battle
Zombies x4
Dumutef x2
Anubians x2

Walk Like a Man
Granite Guardians x3
Q10

Championship
Blasts x2
Glads x3
Feral Troll

Flight Above Cursed Lands
Protectors x2
Atlaga
Othkurik

There were so many games that it's hard to remember all the details, but mostly I played like poo a lot of the time. I went 2-2 in all the tourneys, except for the last one, which I went 4-0 and won. The most intense game was probably in Round 1 of the championship vs. Ollie. He had Blasts/Glads too, but had Raelin instead of the Troll. This translated to a 10 point timeout victory for him. I put 4 wounds on Raelin pretty quickly then proceeded to whiff for like 100 order markers before I finally snuck one through. He went on to win the championship and I blew what should have been an easy win vs. Onacara with some legendarily poor management of the Blasts/Glads, though the Troll almost pulled through on that one. I also had one win where my opponent scored only 60 points(3 glads), and one where my opponent scored only 37 (1 protector)

I had the most fun playing:
Granite Guardians -These guys are decent, and tons of fun.
Jotun -8 dice is always a crowd pleaser. In one game vs. Kildawabit's Elf Wizards, I was down to Joe and 1 Ninja vs. his whole army. Big Joe managed to smack Ulgy in the face for a nice 1 shot, clearing 3 ordermarkers, then Wild Swung the rest of the elves to oblivion.
Anubians -Consecutive rolls of 20 (+Dumutef) with 3 engaged to Charos is fun.

I had the least fun playing:
Kumiko -She just flat out sucks. In a game you want to win, you can never afford an order marker on her. Using any other 80 point Jandar figure instead would have made this a very tough army to beat.
Zomibies -2 games vs. other Zombies, and 1 where I screwed up the placement during heat of battle makes Zombies no fun.
Othkurik -I pretty much just piled on the markers on the Protectors. I think Othkurik averaged 1 order marker per game.

All in all- I played 18 different units, only 3 of which I had played in a tournament before (blasts, glads, tarns). I also used units from every general.

To everyone that was there, thank you for a great weekend. I had a blast!

Last edited by Bengi; February 22nd, 2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Protectors x3
Atlaga
Othkurik
I missed this tourney, but if that's the point value you played it's too high (unless your guys changed it).

Protetors x3 + Atlaga is 420 alone.

-insert signature here-
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:10 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Protectors x3
Atlaga
Othkurik
I missed this tourney, but if that's the point value you played it's too high (unless your guys changed it).

Protetors x3 + Atlaga is 420 alone.

It was Protectors x2

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events