Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old April 28th, 2007, 02:27 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
New Game Demo

http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/defa...?page=gamedemo

This has been mentioned in another thread but I have had enough fun with it that I thought it deserved its own thread. There is a new game demo out at Hasbro for Heroscape. The Battle mode is a hoot and can burn up any extra time you have to kill.

Old April 28th, 2007, 04:16 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Had a little look and it seemed quite good!
Old April 28th, 2007, 04:18 AM

Lynx7725 has disabled reputation
Eh? It's been available for some months already. They might have done some UI upgrades, but that's about it.

Syvarris still pwn in these games. Tried him just now, he killed the AE, Izumi and Marro with one shot each as they moved up (they never got a shot off). Raelin is a bit tougher (especially since she chickened out and hid behind ruins), and she actually got one attack off, but Syvarris still managed to shoot her down with the second attack.

Old April 28th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Yeah, I've known about that for a while now. It's only Basic.
Old April 28th, 2007, 02:06 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Yeah, I've known about that for a while now. It's only Basic.
Yeah it would be cool if they had an advanced game play demo.

Long live Heroscape.
Old April 28th, 2007, 02:44 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
I was demoing Heroscape all day today. One chap came up and said that he'd played the demo on the Hasbro site - I pulled a face and showed him what the game was REALLY like. He went out and bought a copy straight after my demo; he hadn't bought one after the Hasbro site demo. Make of that what you will.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old April 28th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
I was demoing Heroscape all day today. One chap came up and said that he'd played the demo on the Hasbro site - I pulled a face and showed him what the game was REALLY like. He went out and bought a copy straight after my demo; he hadn't bought one after the Hasbro site demo. Make of that what you will.
I make of that, that you showed the gentleman the true game and you did it well. Keep the faith; spread the faith. (And I'm talking HeroScape, of course.)
Old April 28th, 2007, 07:33 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
I played that last summer... that's how I decided to buy this game.
Old April 28th, 2007, 07:36 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I only played the online demo after I had the actual game, and I don't think the demo itself would've been enough to sell the game to me.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 28th, 2007, 08:49 PM

fejkl Woo who?
Agreed, Nec. It's too boring on the official site.
Old April 29th, 2007, 12:25 AM

TheEvilPenguin has disabled reputation
It's not terrible, not great. No such thing as bad publicity, I suppose!

TheEvilPenguin is the Krav...
in the MAROON CAVE...
Old April 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilPenguin
It's not terrible, not great. No such thing as bad publicity, I suppose!
I think this is one of the very few times that's not true. I think by not posting a demo of the advanced rules they may be losing customers who think the game is as boring and simplistic as the basic game implies. They should at least post a couple quick demos of how the advanced rules work and eventually start to emphasize that side of things. Even small children I know that love this game don't play with the basic rules once they finish going over the manual the first couple games.....at best, they're a warm up to the concept of miniatures before you dive into the real game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News