Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 13th, 2018, 07:46 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Peter Stanchek (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You got japes to read the comic, nice.
I have been trying to get someone to read a 2000AD comic for years now.
The Harbinger comic is 5 trades in total. The 2000AD I got overwhelmed and the random few I read weren't my thing. I haven't given up I just need to find smaller bites that work.

On a different note. I agree we shouldn't use the code names for the cards since they aren't really used. But the mental scream power being named after the Sting would be a nice touch since the characters in the book do call it "the Sting".

I think it's be neat to work in the code names in a power for any of the others as well. Just for flair.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like that latest draft - I think you can probably drop the "if it is not the last figure in the army" line though. We're hurting for space, he's going to be pretty expensive, and it takes a wound + rolling a 20. Not worried about it.

I actually reread all of what I have of Harbinger (and Harbinger Wars) on the tail end of my trip, while traveling. Really good stuff, better than I remembered. And this feels like a good centerpiece for the Renegades.
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Peter Stanchek

Sounds like this is where we are at. I'm pretty darn happy with it at this point. There doesn't seem to be any real certainty on whether or not Sting Scream (merged the two names) should be once per round or not, but that may come out in testing when we get there.

I decided to go with +5 for telepaths and the rebellious personality. Figured that might be a solid way to tie the Renegades together thematically and give him a little wiggle room, since not all Psiots are Telepaths. I'd say who gets the bonus is probably the last real question of the design phase.

For context on that question: The original Renegades group is made up of four Psiots and one human. Pete is the current design. Kris (Human) is kind of the brains/tactics of the group. Faith has flying powers, and can project her flying powers to others. John Torquelson is a disabled kid who can mentally project a stronger body for himself. Charlene Dupre has fire based powers. So Telepath doesn't unite the bunch, but we could use Rebellious and Telepath to help him be a pseudo-lynchpin (Kris would be the real support figure if this were to build to a faction).

At what point does this move to a breathing period so a vote can happen to move to initials?
Quote:
NAME = PETER STANCHEK

SPECIES = PSIOT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = REBELLIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

TELEPATHIC COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Peter Stanchek, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Peter. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 5 to your roll if the chosen friendly figure is a telepath or has the rebellious personality. If you roll 15 or higher, take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of the turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Telepathic Command. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card. You may not take any additional turns with figures after the Telepathic Command.

STING SCREAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
All enemy figures within three spaces of Peter are affected by Sting Scream Special Attack. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with Sting Scream, chose one figure affected by the attack and roll a 20 sided die. If you roll a 20, the chosen figure may not have any order markers placed on its card during the next round.

PSIONIC FIELDS
If Sting or any friendly figure within 3 spaces of Peter is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, ignore that attack and the attacked figure may not be attacked for the remainder of the turn.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I like that latest draft - I think you can probably drop the "if it is not the last figure in the army" line though. We're hurting for space, he's going to be pretty expensive, and it takes a wound + rolling a 20. Not worried about it.

I actually reread all of what I have of Harbinger (and Harbinger Wars) on the tail end of my trip, while traveling. Really good stuff, better than I remembered. And this feels like a good centerpiece for the Renegades.
Just realized that there was a different "Harbinger Wars" book. I have this

Which is just HARBINGER #11-14 and HARBINGER #0

are the missing parts (Harbinger Wars #1-4 and Bloodshot #10-13.) worth the extra effort and will I then have to go back and read Bloodshot?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Harbinger Wars 1-4 definitely is worth it. Bloodshot adds to it, but reading background on him is not necessary. Harbinger wars 1-4 is the core story of the event, whereas the other two books are essentially tie ins.
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I would honestly just have the bonus be "friendly Renegades" and give Kris, Torque, and Flamingo the class of Renegade. We could also do Rebel or something like that, but he doesn't play well with other Psiots or Telepaths generally... and I always think it's a shame to give a team the same personality (with some exceptions) when they're all different people.

And yeah I'll echo LV. Bloodshot stuff is really tangential. You can probably get by without the main Harbinger Wars book too, honestly... you'll still get the full story of the main team, just miss the larger context of what Harada is up to.
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:55 PM
A Man of Taste

Ok. That's good to hear considering I've already blown right by and I'm halfway through the 4th volume which I think is about issue 17

Old November 14th, 2018, 12:57 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I would honestly just have the bonus be "friendly Renegades" and give Kris, Torque, and Flamingo the class of Renegade. We could also do Rebel or something like that, but he doesn't play well with other Psiots or Telepaths generally... and I always think it's a shame to give a team the same personality (with some exceptions) when they're all different people.
Yeah I don't see Faith as Rebellious.

I made the suggestion of Psiots as I assumed originally that is what this universe called their powered beings.

Old November 14th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

If there are plans for Renegade synergy, then I'm okay with going back to Renegade for the class here - after all, Saturn Girl's a Legionnaire and Mentallo's a Criminal for the sake of synergy, and they're both Telepaths. It was just seeing him with that class without context that felt off.
That being said, if there's an elegant way to make him a Telepath and still build that team, that would be my preference.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 14th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
If there are plans for Renegade synergy, then I'm okay with going back to Renegade for the class here - after all, Saturn Girl's a Legionnaire and Mentallo's a Criminal for the sake of synergy, and they're both Telepaths. It was just seeing him with that class without context that felt off.
That being said, if there's an elegant way to make him a Telepath and still build that team, that would be my preference.
Are all of them Psiots? If so, that could work as a call-out instead of a Renegade class.
Old November 14th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Book Wyrm

Actually I think Psiot could work, as that is the term for the Harbinger-related powered folk. Not really a unified term for the few exceptions. It wouldn't give him a bonus on Kris (ironic given she was the long term controlled character at the start of the book), but it'd let him work with both the Renegades and Gen Zero kids.

My only concern was that if we put that synergy going out but don't have units to test that against it might mess up costing? Is that a valid concern?
Old November 14th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Actually I think Psiot could work, as that is the term for the Harbinger-related powered folk. Not really a unified term for the few exceptions. It wouldn't give him a bonus on Kris (ironic given she was the long term controlled character at the start of the book), but it'd let him work with both the Renegades and Gen Zero kids.

My only concern was that if we put that synergy going out but don't have units to test that against it might mess up costing? Is that a valid concern?
]Yeah, Peter couldn't have outgoing synergy as the first unit designed, but future designs could have synergy that boosts him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library