Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 12th, 2014, 07:27 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart
NORTHWEST: Missions tournament

Missions tournament

Entry fee: A brand new heroscape pack, or 10$, or custom worth at least 10$( I will be adding several items to the prize table). There will also be additional prizes for best sportsman and the player to solve the heroscape riddle.

WHY: To try a new format with objectives as opposed to genocide . Special thanks to @quozl for his ideas and insight on this format.

WHEN: January 10th, registration at 12:30, games will start at 1:00-7:00, no new games started after 6:30. Playoff round will start at 7:15, after prizes we should be done around 8:30. This seems to be the best date so far.

WHERE: Guardian Games, 345 SE Taylor st Portland OR 97214 503-238-4000.

MISSION DEATILS: Bring a 1000 point army that includes at least one unique or uncommon hero, from this you will draft your army for each mission as they all require a different point total, there is no startzone restriction however if your army exceeds the startzone hexes on a map you must leave full cards worth of units until you fit. All remaining units will start in reserve. All games will be 6 rounds except for championship game and you must do a different mission for each game if possible(preferably one that neither you or your opponent have played on yet).

If you have Raelin(RotV) in your army you may have no other A units in your 1000 point army, if you have deathreavers in your army you must include them in every battle and can not sit them for any reason. We had to implement these two because of the overwhelming power they provided for any one on the defensive side of the board. I agree with @dok on his list so we're using it for the A list below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37772

Reserve units: At the start of each round before order markers are placed you may roll the D-20 for 1 reserve unit army card, if you roll a 13 or higher place figures on any empty spaces in your startzone if there are enough empty spaces for the entire card to enter play.

We will be using partial card scoring for squads and full card scoring for all hero cards(as this will encourage more hero play). Remember any game can also be won by eliminating your opponent from the board before the end of round 6.

#1. Escalating encounter. 400 points for each player.
Try and stop your opponent before things escalate out of control. Each player starts with only 2 army cards, at the start of each round you get to add 1 army card to your startzone. Reserves are not rolled for in this mission. At the end of round 6 whoever has destroyed the most points wins. Map Blacktop by @dok

#2. Rescue the princess. Bandit gets 425 points, rescuer gets 600 points.
Try and rescue the princess from the clutches of the bandits. Bandit sets the princess next to the hive and places all their units first next to the hive or any tree, rescuer sets up in either startzone or both. The princess can only be moved if she is non-adjacent to your opponents figures and must follow directly behind any figure leading her(she can be moved by either bandit or rescuer). Any figure leading the princess must walk and can't fly( or use any other special power ) to move her and she is considered to be neutral for the entire game for whatever space she occupies. Rescuer wins by getting the princess back to either startzone, bandit wins by preventing this. Map Nature trails by @dok

#3. Take the fortress. Defending player gets 450 points, attacking player gets 625 points.
If at any point the attacker takes the 2 high ground tiles they win, at the end of round 6 whoever has the most points adjacent to any battlements wins the game. Attacker sets up in either startzone or both, defender sets up adjacent to any battlement and must place all their units first. Map Ironcladkeep by @Robber

#4. Retrieval. Both players get 475 points.
All glyphs are treasure glyph duds and have no effect for this scenario except for brandar glyphs which are turned in if in your startzone at the end of the game, any figure may carry a glyph but are limited to 1 at a time. There are 3 additional glyphs on the marro hive for a total of 7 and may be taken by any figure adjacent to it. Any figure may pick up a glyph by moving on to it and figures are limited to holding only 1 glyph at a time. You may drop any glyph in your startzone and continue movement with any figure. Retrieve the most glyphs to your startzone, at the end of round 6 if tied whoever has destroyed the most points wins. Map The Incubator by @tannergx

#5. Storm the castle. Defending player gets 500 points, attacking player gets 1000 points.
Defender sets up anywhere in the castle, attacker sets up in the offensive startzone of page 12. At the end of round 6 whoever has the most points inside of the castle walls wins.
Special rules: Any figure may go through the fortress door as long as they can be legally placed when they end their movement, ladders only take 1 movement point for all figures and can be climbed by all figures, the fortress door only has 1 life. Map The West Barbican by @Thecoolguysthatmadeheroscape

#6. Capture the flag. Both players get 525 points.
Take down the most flags to win, if at any point either player takes down 3 flags they win, at the end of round 6 if tied whoever has destroyed the most points win. To take down a flag move a figure onto a tile with a gold star, this figure must be unengaged when taking down the flag, after moving and instead of attacking(or using any special powers) with this figure he/she may take down the flag and remove it from the game. Each player is limited to removing 1 flag per round, there are 5 flags on this map. Map Husk of holdfast by @Velenne

#7. Domination. Both players get 550 points.
Be in control of the most glyphs at the end of round 6 to win, if tied whoever has destroyed the most points wins. Map Tredipation by @Dignan

#8. Rivals. Both players get 575 points and must bring at least 1 unique or uncommon hero.
At the beginning of the game before order markers are placed your opponent picks your general from 1 of your unique or uncommon heros, destroy your opponents general to win at any point. After 6 rounds whoever has destroyed the most points wins. Map Jack of spades by @GameBear

#9. Take and hold. Both players get 600 points.
Take and hold the 9 road tiles on top of the bridge, at the end of round 6 whoever has the most points worth of figures on the 9 road tiles wins. Map Road rampage by @Messenger

#10. Ambush. Defending player gets 650 points, ambusher gets 700 points.
Defender sets up first and places all their figures on any of the 28 road tiles and gets no reserves for this mission, ambusher sets up on any tiles on the outer edge of the map and gets initiative for the first round. At the end of round 6 whoever has the most points worth of figures on the road wins. Map Ambush Alley by @ROADRAGE

#11. Invasion. Both players get 675 points.
Invade your opponents startzone, at the end of round 6 whoever has the most points in their opponents startzone wins. Map Invasion by @LongHeroscaper

#12. Destroy the dragon. Both players get 700 points.
Be the first to destroy the neutral dragon bent on destroying everyone. Urulo`ki is placed in the center of the map on 1 of the 4 tiles by the player that did not choose the map. At the end of round 6 if the dragon is still alive whoever has inflicted the most wounds on him wins, second tiebreaker is whoever has the most points left. Special rules: Urulo`ki always takes his turn third in the turn cycle, at the start of the game after order markers are placed players roll the D20 to decide who takes a complete turn first with him, after that players alternate taking turns with him until the end of the game. When you are taking a turn with him you are not allowed to roll for disengagement from your figures and he can not be converted into any army.

Dragons powerset: Dragon, unique hero, undead, terrifying and large 8.
Utgar, life 9, move 6, range 1, attack 6 and defense 5.
Chilling death wind special attack:
range 4. attack 4.
Choose two figures to attack. Any figures adjacent to the targeted figures are also affected by chilling death wind special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately . Urulo'ki cannot be affected by his special attack.
Frightening presence:
Figures defending against Urulo'ki subtract 1 from their defense dice.
Counterstrike:
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Flying:
When counting spaces for Urulo'ki's movement, ignore elevation. When Urulo'ki starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Map Caldera by @Typhon2222

#13. Extermination. Both players get 500 points.
Destroy your opponent in the battle of all time, at the end of round 6 whoever has destroyed the most points wins. Map Ticalla sunrise by @GameBear

YOUTH/NEWBIES: In a effort to bring in more youth and less experienced players, players that are 13 and under or have less than 10 games under their belt will receive 1 treasure glyph of their choice before the tournament begins. The player may place it on the hero card of their choice at the beginning of each game, normal rules will apply for all glyphs and can be taken by the opposing player but will be returned at the end of each game. I believe this will really spice up some of the armies of the youth and get some creative thinking rolling!
List of treasure glyphs that can be chosen:
brooch of shielding
heroic rune
oceanstrider amulet
giant hunter stone
holy symbol of pelor
talisman of defense
belt of giant strength
cloak of invisibility
scarab of invulnerability
bracers of teleportation
elixir of speed
ring of protection
whetstone of venom

~24-48 startzone spaces on all maps
~all official heroscape figures allowed
~C3V and SoV units=ok
~no marvel
~no proxies or customs

Bring all your own figures, dice, chits etc.

ROLLING RUMBLE FORMAT: Standard scoring W/L and rolling rumble that will allow players to take a break when they want to. First game you will be paired by the TD, all other games (A) take the next available opponent you haven't played yet (B) that has the closest record to yours, then the two of you will roll off with a D20.... high roller will get to decide on picking the map or picking which startzone they want on the map. Playoff round will be by seed, you must have at least 4 games in to qualify for top spots in the playoff round.

Glyphs:

nilrend, erland, dagmar, proftaka, lodin, astrid, gerda, wannok, oreld, crevcor, valda, ulaniva and brandar.

Brandar glyphs will be 50% of the glyph pool, when you find one of these wait until the end of the game and then turn it in for a clue to the heroscape riddle. There are 5 clues total.

Attendees:

ROADRAGE
Ryland
White q knight
William099 +3
Master of Disaster
quozl
Louisa
obfuscatedhippo
David
Nathan
I_r_beej
Riley
robbdaman
Longy418 +1
Piper
Sydney
Nomad
Huskies16

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.

Last edited by ROADRAGE; January 7th, 2015 at 10:13 PM. Reason: attendees
Old November 12th, 2014, 09:03 PM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker
Re: NORTHWEST: Missions tournament

This sounds great Roadrage! Count me in and any date works for me.

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5
Old November 12th, 2014, 09:48 PM

I got ya down! Let me know if I missed anything in the OP, we'll have to finish ironing out the last couple of maps and get them listed along with the missions. This thing is going to be a blast to play out!

25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old November 13th, 2014, 09:08 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Either of those dates work for me. I'd like it if it was held in Independence as my waking up late doesn't cause me to miss as much as when it is held in Portland since the drive is shorter!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 13th, 2014, 07:25 PM

I got you down and thanks for letting me know that either dates work and where you'd like to have it, this will help us get a time and place early on.

Old November 13th, 2014, 07:36 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Yes, sign me up. Either date works and either place works. Thanks for putting this on Roadrage.
Old November 13th, 2014, 08:57 PM

I got you on there! Thanks for posting.

Old November 13th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome! I've been thinking up a way to do superhero missions for C3G.

Count me and my daughter in! And we'd prefer Guardian if the weather is not so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 14th, 2014, 01:08 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Mark me down as tentative. Weather will be a big factor on this one for the trek from Seattle.

Sounds great though!! Very curious on "The Missions" : )

Peace,
*Kai
Old November 15th, 2014, 11:10 PM

I got you guys on the list! And yes weather will play a role hopefully we can get a date and mother nature will be kind and we don't need to postpone anything.... but I will monitor this closely.

Old November 16th, 2014, 12:16 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Mission Accomplished

I need to discuss some things but I might have an answer for you after Thanksgiving on which date works better.

~Dysole, eager to see what the next one is
Old November 16th, 2014, 01:47 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds fun!

I will be in the Portland area between Christmas and New Years . . . it will be tough to make another trip down so soon. I'll work on it and keep you posted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events