Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 9th, 2022, 12:06 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives View Post
Do we have a link for the discord yet. Sorry if it's posted somewhere but I can't find it. ��
Doesn't look like it's happening today. Avalon Hill is still ironing out some wrinkles with setting up their new "Avalon Hill" Discord server

EDIT: This was just posted on the "Heroscapers Online" Discord server by Chris Nadeau at Avalon Hill

I think all will be ready tomorrow based on the last message I received. As you can imagine, being Hasbro’s first ever Discord channel comes with some “extra scrutiny” and perhaps a need to banish several previously unknown gremlins from the software build. This afternoon there was an issue where the bots all tried to murder me when I attempted an intro post, and there seems to be an error associated with the duel authentication process. So they are on it, but like I said, a few bugs didn’t want to go quietly into the night.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; August 9th, 2022 at 02:29 AM.
Old August 9th, 2022, 12:17 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Nothing new to report from over on Discord

Chris Nadeau from Avalon Hill did say the following on Discord back on 2022-08-05 (I apologize if someone already posted this info in the forums here)

I’ll give you all five more pieces of intel that may highlight how in depth this project is going. In addition to our “Heroscape War Council” that you all know are involved in the creation of new units and rules development, and our entire Internal Avalon Hill staff:
• We have brought on Ryder Windham, fiction writer for LucasFilm, who has been working with us to expand the narrative and story of the Heroscape Universe.
• Baldermort, from Baldermort’s Guide To Warhammer, has accepted the voice actor role of Thormun of Tealeron, for upcoming content and narration assets.
• As you can tell by the the miniatures presented at GenCon, we have put together an entire team of concept artists and sculptures to develop a new range of characters and species including: Max Dunbar, Bob Naismith, Matthew Larson, John Giang and the talented crew from Keywords Studios/Volta.
• The illustrators and artists at YellowFly and Pilot Studios (led by Chris Ford, who was one of the original artists on the brand in 2004, and their Art Director China Blue Rocket) are hard at work creating new art to help bring Valhalla to life in a way never seen before.
• The team at Atwater Studios helped us bring that teaser video to life at GenCon, and are in the studio right now on phase 2.
This will be BIG, we have assembled an army even Jandar could be proud of, enjoy the journey!
Thanks for reposting this! I hadn't seen any of it. Exciting stuff!
--
Knives, the discord link is in post #450 of this thread.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 9th, 2022, 01:53 AM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

I’m glad to hear that they have got someone working on the story of heroscape.

If heroscape is gonna be entering into a more dedicated miniatures world it’s gonna want some more lore to help expand on a lot of characters. I’m excited to see how it turns out.
Old August 9th, 2022, 06:23 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

And now for a Shameless Plug!

Heroscape: Age of Annihilation--A First Draft Draft. For some simple ideas on how to introduce the NEW stuff into a game, see my signature thread, and join the discussion at the onsite home of The New York City Gang of Four. I'm starting to think about how I'd do it when AOA comes out and its my turn to run another custom scenario here for the gang in Brooklyn Heights, NYC.

You can also see the new scenario we'll be playing here at The Game Palace tomorrow (Wednesday 8/10/22), and many other adventures we've had over the years! Just scroll down to the end of the thread discussion on or near the Last Page, starting at Post 1322. And feel free to throw your two cents in; they will probably be just as good as mine...and get your Second Edition Heroscape juices flowing!

Chas, Your Host For the NYCG4

Last edited by chas; August 9th, 2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old August 9th, 2022, 07:28 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Well, this is absolutely not something I ever expected to happen. Congratulations to the design team for bringing this all back. It's almost incomprehensible to me that Heroscape is returning. This community has always been great, and I'm proud to celebrate this with all of you.
Old August 9th, 2022, 07:36 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Talked to Craig again today and he was mentioning to me that Sir Hawthorne is coming back in Heroscape 2. He has been seriously upgraded! His armor apparently will work similar to Lebowski Thor and now Sir Hawthorne rides a hover Harley a Korean Crotch Rocket and has an electric power lance! I can’t wait to see the new sculp!
Fixed it

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 9th, 2022, 07:41 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
No, that's something we can't yet discuss.
The sheer amount of information covered by NDAs, honestly, baffles me. Just what are they worried might happen if people find these things out early?
Tell me you've never been under an NDA without actually saying you've NEVER been under a NDA

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 9th, 2022, 08:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

If we told you, we'd have to kill you.
Old August 9th, 2022, 09:46 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
Talked to Craig again today and he was mentioning to me that Sir Hawthorne is coming back in Heroscape 2. He has been seriously upgraded! His armor apparently will work similar to Lebowski Thor and now Sir Hawthorne rides a hover Harley a Korean Crotch Rocket and has an electric power lance! I can’t wait to see the new sculp!
Fixed it
I’m laughing at how long it took you to figure out how to craft this response. I guess Geek Squad got you up and running again?👴🏻

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 9th, 2022, 10:32 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
Fixed it
I’m laughing at how long it took you to figure out how to craft this response. I guess Geek Squad got you up and running again?👴🏻
. . . and it doesn't even make sense? Weird.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 9th, 2022, 01:49 PM

Sarhek is surprisingly tart

Server is live. https://discord.com/invite/5JtUkBGwYH?sf169089507=1
Old August 9th, 2022, 01:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Edit:

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion