Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 17th, 2009, 09:31 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Deepwyrm Drow Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I don't think exploding them is cost effective against 70 point 4 men squads like the 4th or knights.

When they explode, they kill on average, 1.5 figures. Each knight is worth 70/4 or 17.5 points. So exploding them with 3 knights in range will cost your opponent 26.25 points, but cost you 70/3 or 23.33 points. So you're getting a net gain of less then 3 points on your order marker. Pretty terrible.

I think they'll work better against high cost/high defense figures.
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Wow, those figures look even crappier on a Heroscape card.

Also apparently they've stopped using 'space' instead of 'spaces' when the card has a range of one, odd.

Abilities are ok though.
?!?

Of all the newly release cards, I thought this one looked the best. Apparently, the DnD glass is still half-empty for some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:27 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Wow, those figures look even crappier on a Heroscape card.

Also apparently they've stopped using 'space' instead of 'spaces' when the card has a range of one, odd.

Abilities are ok though.
?!?

Of all the newly release cards, I thought this one looked the best. Apparently, the DnD glass is still half-empty for some people.
I dunno, I personally don't care too much for the all black skin and armor. Pelloth is definitely getting a new paint job from me, and I might do the squads, depending on how many I happen to get...
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The guy in the back is the only one who bugs me. He has that face that is like ebony plaster. It looks to blocky.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:00 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't mind the sculpts but it seems like a lot of black. I'll have to see them in person but these might be on the weaker side of the figs. Nothing a bit of highlighting w/ something like a Regal Blue or Shadow Grey won't fix.
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:18 AM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker

The capacity to inflict extra auto-wounds seems to attenuate them better towards assassinating cheerleaders rather than going toe to toe with other melee squads. And don't discount that HiD sans shadow tile - they're still getting a %25 "Hail Mary" at ten points less per unit than the Omnicrons. Plus, a few squads of these guys can be "topped off" nicely with Otonashi.

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:29 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I think they'll be excellent hero killers, Pelloth will make them good against high point or high defence squads with exploding them, but they probably will flounder against cheap commons.
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:06 AM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

I'm not too hyped about these guys, they just don't seem.......cool. Or useful.

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

4x Drow
Braxas
Otonashi

I'm happy.
Old December 18th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the look of these guys. 3/3 stats are good, and the poison can really help.
I can definitely see myself taking these guys without Peloth, but I doubt I will ever take Peloth without a few squads of Drow.
Old December 18th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm still not a fan of the sculpts. The fact that the armor and their faces are exactly the same color is not cool.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 18th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The colours don't bother me at all, bu they look like the most noticeable size difference between DnD and Classic scape. Hopefully once they are on the board, I won't notice it so much.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units