Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 21st, 2010, 10:57 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Up & Coming Sidekick Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Souza View Post
POINTS 65-100? (80 Has been suggested)
At the minimum, with both powers costing 10 apiece, you are looking at a minimum cost of 110 by my calculation.
Old February 21st, 2010, 11:21 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just curious WulfHunter, how did you calculate that ?

-----------------------------------------

Domino 2.1

Mutant
Unique Hero
Agent
Tricky
Medium 4

Life 3
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 3
Defense 3

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Domino attacks, she may attack one additional time

I MAKE MY OWN LUCK
When you roll defense dice for Domino, you may re-roll all defense dice that did not show shields. I Make My Own Luck can be used only once for each defense roll.

THE ODDS ARE IN MY FAVOR
When a player rolls the 20-sided die for a power or ability that directly affects Domino, you may make that player re-roll and take the new result. The Odds Are In My Favor can be used only once for each 20-sided die roll.

POINTS 65-100 ?
Old February 21st, 2010, 11:30 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Just curious WulfHunter, how did you calculate that ?
I use a customized version of Heroscape Card Creator. Added many of the extras myself with a LOT of time and a LOT of patience.
Base cost for card before the Luck abilities was 90. Figured them at 10 apiece, since they are based on rerolls. Got 110.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:47 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Updated card:

I'm pretty happy with the changes made based on your suggestions.

I like her powers and stats as they are now. I'll fiddle with her point cost when I get some quality playtesting in.

Originally, I just wanted to keep her under 100 points, but the more I keep working on her, the more I'm becoming attached to her in this incarnation.

Last edited by Adam Souza; February 22nd, 2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Updated card:

I'm pretty happy with the changes made based on your suggestions.

I like her powers and stats as they are now. I'll fiddle with her point cost when I get some quality playtesting in.

Originally, I just wanted to keep her under 100 points, but the more I keep working on her, the more I'm becoming attached to her in this incarnation.
The changes look real good. The powers are very well defined now and the point cost seems to be consistent to reflect that.
Only 1 small thing, though, a minor change to the card as is. Remove the "s" from Double Attack. That keeps is consistent with HS terminology. A minor quibble, but a necessary one I am afraid.
And I see you have put a UCS mark on the card. That's cool, and brings me to the next thing. Can I enlist the aid of one of our more experienced member to help us create a viable, nice-looking symbol to place on cards that complete the process? Any assistance that could be rendered would be greatly appreciated.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:28 AM

I put UCS on my card not to acknowledge those who helped me out, not to bypass the process and stamp my product complete.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:54 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Just to throw this out there:

If you wanted to keep the cost down some more, you chould change Double Attack to:

Dual Sidearms Special Attack
Range 6. Attack 3.
When Domino attacks with Dual Sidearms Special Attacks, she may attack 1 additonal time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
This would keep her from getting double attacks of 4 w/ height, or 5 w/ height and Capt. America. You could also then put back the attack portion of "I make my own luck" since it wouldn't effect the Special Attack. In my opinion, this would push her cost down under 100 where you originally wanted it. Just a thought, though.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post

If you wanted to keep the cost down some more, you chould change Double Attack to:

Range 6. Attack 3.
When Domino attacks with Dual Sidearms Special Attacks, she may attack 1 additonal time.

This would keep her from getting double attacks of 4 w/ height, or 5 w/ height and Capt. America. You could also then put back the attack portion of "I make my own luck" since it wouldn't effect the Special Attack. In my opinion, this would push her cost down under 100 where you originally wanted it. Just a thought, though.
But it's sideways a bit in that it gives her a better ability against Counterstrike, Smoke Powder, Scatter, etc.

~Aldin, it's just a jump to the left

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post

Range 6. Attack 3.

I really like that idea. I'm not big on her needing to do lots of damage.

Her doing 5 w/ height and Capt. America, puts her above what I had envisioned her.

If I add back the damage reroll, it gives her a reason to use her basic attack every so often as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
But it's sideways a bit in that it gives her a better ability against Counterstrike, Smoke Powder, Scatter, etc.
and worse against everyone else without the specialty defense powers, which is the majority...
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

~Aldin, it's just a jump to the left
Restrict the Special Attack so that it can only be used against non-adjacent figures to avoid Counterstrike.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just so we're clear... with the attack reroll, from height, with Cap she's going to average almost FOUR skulls per attack... at range! Meanwhile, she's averaging almost THREE shields per defense roll. To translate back to figures on level ground unboosted by Cap, that's the equivalent of 8 attack, 9 defense. But let's be fair and put other figures on height next to Cap. Now she's the equivalent of a 6 attack, 7 defense figure - so, yeah, Thanosian I guess.

~Aldin, willing to let her be powerful but recognizing you need to pay the piper if you're gonna make powers boost like that

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Very good point, Aldin. When I made the suggestion, I assumed Domino's range would then be lowered to 1. This way, her range is represented with her guns Special Attack, while her normal attack represented her hand-to-hand combat.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations