Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of the Zombie Hulk

You might be right. I read the card wrong then. I was running them in that if they were engaged I still used them. That would have influenced some games, but other then the one against Tornado for fun at the end, I still would have met the same results. Hmmmmm....... Well, time to rethink these guys. Played them completely wrong. Wow, still can't imagine I missed that clause.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:50 PM

YakRoller Woo who?

Don't feel bad Grom, I looked at the card before we played and didn't catch that either. I do think it would have made a much bigger difference than you think though. The points may be right after all.

You live and you learn, it's all good.

"Never put your body where your mind hasn’t been first.”
Chris Duff
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It was my experience these guys went down very fast to concentrated fire, and this build only really makes sense if you *know* you will have something to eat & revive...
I love the Zombie Hulk, but I have had similar experiences to Dad_Scaper with them. I think they are priced quite well. Maybe I just stink with them, but I think they will always be a situational powerhouse, which is what makes them so great. I think they fit in with the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" feel of Heroscape. No figure is unstoppable, there is always a counter. It's what makes the time leading up to a tournament so stressful. "What if someone brings this army?"

Just my .

G-O
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:13 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Maybe I should have made sure that everyone knew how they played...sorry with introducing C3V, playing my games and keeping track of the tournament...I forgot my due diligence in explaining SoV units.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
You might be right. I read the card wrong then. I was running them in that if they were engaged I still used them. That would have influenced some games, but other then the one against Tornado for fun at the end, I still would have met the same results. Hmmmmm....... Well, time to rethink these guys. Played them completely wrong. Wow, still can't imagine I missed that clause.
It's quite the Achilles' Heel, too. They don't have much escapability; if your opponent is familiar with the card they might chase him around a bit, which makes it harder to bond effectively.

Anyway. Great to hear FanScape is seeing tournament play.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, they were fun to play, even in their misplayed state, but hey, they got a lot of attention from players seeing some new stuff.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Another reason why the ZH played so strong was the fact they were using one card for all three Hulks. All OMs on one card and using any three at will. A sort of common/uncommon hybrid. I think they are priced nicely when played correctly, actually they may be a little over priced. As dok said they are usually not as good as just another squad of ZoM and they are not exactly great. The OM placement can get tricky and end up costing you moves with ZoM. It was cool to see they on the field. Great job by all involved.
One of the ZHs became debased so when my Krug got zombie-fied we just used Krug as the ZH. I actually preferred this. It would be pretty great to have a zombie repaint of every large/huge figure for such an event.

~Tornado dreaming again...

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; June 26th, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oooh, that's a no-no. Uncommon means uncommon, not common, and the OMs should have been on separate cards.

That would make them much more dangerous...

The main thing I take from GBB's post is that you guys were willing to accept a FanScape (SoV/C3V) unit into the fold, and that's outstanding.

As far as misplaying the unit goes, well... At my last tournament I had opponents misplay Gorillinators, Drow, and the Feral Troll against me, and two of the three got away with it. It happens, innocently & all in the spirit of having great fun at a 'Scape tournament. Oh well.

I'm just glad they were welcomed at the event.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; June 26th, 2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old June 26th, 2011, 05:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

As Killo said, Monster Mash is a fantastic format for these guys. The steady supply of large heroes means that you will get some Zombie Rises again hits pretty reliably. I would have been tempted to go ZHx3, Raelin, Zombiesx4, Marro Warriors myself.

That said, it makes an enormous difference if you're playing them like a common hero with multiple life, and allowing them to use Horde Shriek when engaged. That's a completely different situation from the way they were designed.
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:43 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Added another FAQ entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Q. After revealing an order marker on a Zombie Hulk, can I activate Horde Shriek with a different Zombie Hulk?
A. No
. Only the Zombie Hulk whose order marker was just revealed has the option to use Horde Shriek. If that Zombie Hulk is engaged, you may not use the Horde Shriek special power. If you do use Horde Shriek, then the bonus activation must be taken with the Zombies of Morindan or with a different Zombie Hulk, and the Zombie Hulk whose order marker was just revealed takes its turn after that.
This seems pretty unambiguous to me, but apparently there was some confusion.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:45 AM

ehobe is surprisingly tart

When attacking with a single Zombie Hulk, does his paralizing fear act on the defending figure since he is an undead figure as well? The card says any undead figure. It does not exclude the attacking hulk. This would work
similar then to the death knights ability, no?
Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehobe View Post
When attacking with a single Zombie Hulk, does his paralizing fear act on the defending figure since he is an undead figure as well? The card says any undead figure.
You answered your own question. Yes, it does.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs