Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 6th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Well, I might as well give this a shot. I would like to nominate my own custom: Si-Kyre.

Sculpt: Commonly referred to as Mimrig.
Paint Job: Classic Hasbro
Base: Peanut Style

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Well, I might as well give this a shot. I would like to nominate my own custom: Si-Kyre.

Sculpt: Commonly referred to as Mimrig.
Paint Job: Classic Hasbro
Base: Peanut Style
I personally think this is funny but I think some people might not think its official enough. But I really like it!

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old August 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It has typos and it doesn't look like anyone thought that carefully about it.

Normally I stop at typos to , but I read the whole card anyway.

The powers are inconsistent with each other and are all kinds of train wreck for different reasons. If it was supposed to be a joke I don't get it.

Sorry.

No to reviewing flameslayer's Si-Kryre.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 6th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It has typos and it doesn't look like anyone thought that carefully about it.

Normally I stop at typos to , but I read the whole card anyway.

The powers are inconsistent with each other and are all kinds of train wreck for different reasons. If it was supposed to be a joke I don't get it.

Sorry.

No to reviewing flameslayer's Si-Kryre.
Fair enough.

Out of curiosity, where did you notice the typos at?

Thanks for giving him an honest review

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; August 6th, 2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: edit: found 1
Old August 6th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

One is enough.

To be fair, there was only one, now that I look again. As I've said before, the units that get submitted here are supposed to be finished products. So I will for just the one. And on second reading it's not quite as woeful as I thought on first reading.

My vote remains, and this guy needs more work than just fixing the typo. I might suggest playtesting him a bit & bringing him to the CHG24(? Maybe? Never get those letters right.) for further refinement.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 6th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
One is enough.
Naturally
Quote:
As I've said before, the units that get submitted here are supposed to be finished products.
That typo is more than enough to say the card at least isn't finished product. Better wording may be easily added in, and I still go wth your vote of a no(even if only on the typo point).

Thanks again DS.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 6th, 2011, 08:54 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I'm also going to vote no to review Si-Kyrie.

I find the words "Lazy" and "Snooze-Fire" to be insufficiently Scapey. I agree with DS that the interaction between the powers is kind of confusing-- it seems like the language could be cleaned up and reduced considerably for the same effect. But even if cleaned up, the Snooze-Fire power seems a bit much-- if Jotun rolls 8 skulls and Si-Kyrie fails to roll a shield (which will happen 2/3rds of the time), then Jotun kills himself? It doesn't seem thematic for a sleeping dragon to be able to kill a giant like that. Also, it's not clear to me from the fuzzy picture on the card how this sculpt is distinguishable from Mimring.

I think the idea of a sleeping dragon is interesting, but I'd like to see this one worked on a bit more. Also, if resubmitted, I'd like to hear some accounts of how the unit performed during playtesting-- What were some good armies for it? What were the best strategies using it? What HS formats did it work best in? Actually, I'd like to get that information from any entry, just so we know it was thoroughly playtested before being submitted.
Old August 6th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I could go

If it answers your concerns about how distinguishable Mimring is from Si-Kyre, the reality is that their is no difference other than a lot more tinted paint job. AKA: Classic Hasbro.

Thanks for taking the time to look at Si-Kyre.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

NO to review Si-Kyre by flameslayer93, for the same reasons listed by my fellow judges-lack of a unique appearance being near the top for me. I don't have any problem with repurposing HS sculpts, but they need to be clearly differentiated from their official counterparts (a la Tyrian: Protector).

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:54 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I also vote NO to review Si-Kyre by flameslayer93, for the same reasons listed by my fellow judges. The card does not look polished, the powers are a little confusing, and the abilities just do not work for me.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 9th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Si-Kyre by flameslayer93 has received 4 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, Elginb, Killometer, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 9th, 2011, 02:26 PM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

I nominate my own custom figure Minotaur Champion.

Sculpt: http://auggiesgamesonline.3dcartstor...aur_p_595.html DnD Savage Minotaur Mini.
Base: Round
Paint Job: Standard DnD Minis

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs