Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old February 18th, 2009, 11:08 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
Re: A_Train's Pictured Battle Reports / Predict the Victor

Brian

DeadEye
Old February 19th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright, sorry this took so long, but usually I like to have another game ready to post when I do the results. I waited for a while, but I just haven't had a chance with the flu ripping through my family and my bowels this past weekend. But since it's been so long, here comes the results of the tournament.

Here are the competitor's armies:

Brian: Sentinels x2 and Bluecoats x4

VS

Patrick: Minions x2, Krav Agents, Sgt. Drake (SOTM) and Isamu

So let's begin...

Wait...

Let's look at those start zones again....

Don't see it yet?

How about now?

Shenanigans!
Already it looks like Brian has taken over from Chazz as resident Herocup cheater by starting with an entire squad of Sentinels outside his start zone. Could this have an outcome on the match, or will Brian be humiliated like Chazz, by cheating AND losing. And more importantly, would Patrick take the honourable road, or would he cheat back.

Patricks Krav Agent is caught off guard, when the Sentinels engage her one space earlier than she expected (Actually, these are the Sentinels that were actually in the start zone...I just felt like keeping Brian's cheating ways fresh in memory)

The remaining Krav's set up elevated positions and mange to break through the Shields of Jandar.

Stealthdodge doesn't work this close.

As Brians forces move closer, the Minions take to the field.

And elevated Minion falls to the hammer of a Sentinel.

The Sentinels tag team another.

The Minions are falling fast.

But don't count them out yet...

Sgt. Drake reminds the Sentinels that 6 attack is a bit harder to block, even with double shields.

Same goes for 3 attack with Deadly Strike.

But then, Patrick makes up for Brians starting zone faux pas when he attacks a bluecoat with his Pistol Fire Special.

We'll pretend the Krav agent killed this one.

See what happens when you pretend. People die...

By this point, Drake is already wounded. I wasn't watching, I was taking apart the other map, but apparently the Blue coats were ignoring Thorian speed, and no one brought it up! Drake fights on.

And with some help from the Minions, Brians forces are running thin.

Drake falls.

Patrick is down to two Minions, while Brian has a handful of blue coats left, but they are all spread out and not able to get 4 attacks per turn, and definitely not many WTFs.

Make that one Minion.

But he's persistent, and Brian is sweating.

I must say, i really like Newguy's camera over my own, for these clsoe up pictures. They look more better.

The bluecoats cant stand up to Patrick's Chuck Norris-like Minion.

Especially not when he has elevation.

But with two cowardly bluecoats remaining, the final Minion falls.

And Brian is the new Herocup champion, after a sorry display of cheating. From the start zone debacle, to arguing over how many turns he had left (Brian is notorious for not turning his order markers) this is a dark day for the hero cup, and we are all ashamed that it had to be shared online. Next time, I hope we can deliver a much better Championship match, with a better champion (Hopefully myself).

And here are the updated tables, I'll try to keep on top of these now, thanks to everyone who has been updating them for me, that will make it much easier for me if everyone keeps doing that from now on. Check these scores, because I can easily make mistakes.

The tournament was a bad prediction time for gorthan, and Blazemand and wk4c both closed in on him, with StarofEarendil, jsilvrs and Elffy not far behind. Relative newcomers like Aldin and dok had good tournament predictions and vaulted up to the mid point of the standings. Very interesting.
Hope everyone had fun with this, and I suspect I'll have a new match as I expect to play tomorrow night.

Thanks all for taking part!
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Yay, go Brian! Thanks for sharing the tourney, A Train!
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:13 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Whoaaa, a really tight race for 1st place...the pressure's on me.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:31 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4c View Post
Whoaaa, a really tight race for 1st place...the pressure's on me.

Congrats wk4c!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Most correct picks against...

3 incorrect picks: joe5joe7 (9/12)
4 incorrect picks: Aldin (11/15)
5 incorrect picks: dok (15/20)
6-11 incorrect picks: Einar's Puppy (16/22)
12-15 incorrect picks: Pinche_Guey (19/31)
16+ incorrect picks: wk4c (27/43)

Interestingly, nobody who's picked more than 2 battles has better than a 75% prediction percentage.
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

I got my lunch handed to me the entire tourney.

I picked Patrick because the Krav and Drake are so good against the 4th. Then nobody remembers Thorian speed and the krav are screwing around with the Sentinels!

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old February 19th, 2009, 06:03 PM

gmartin Woo who?

o man here i go again

heroscape rules!
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:39 AM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Interestingly, nobody who's picked more than 2 battles has better than a 75% prediction percentage.
Gorthan has 22 missed picks...he's at 27/49. And Blazemane missed 25.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

WooHoo! 11-4! Looking forward to the next round. It's interesting to me how much the players matter in addition to the armies picked. Also, the ignoring Thorian Speed thing was bad, bad, bad.

~Aldin, newbishly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

Ahh I've lost a sense of victory due to the way that round was played. An unhonorable victory is still a victory right?

Long live Heroscape.
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:38 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Gorthan has 22 missed picks...he's at 27/49. And Blazemane missed 25.
Yes, but they don't have any more correct picks than you, so they don't warrant mentioning on this list. Nobody with 16 or more incorrect picks has more correct picks than you do.

Another way to rank people would be "games over .500", aka correct - incorrect. Here's the top 10 (correct me if I missed anyone who's +6 or better):

1) wk4c: +11 (27 - 16)
t-2) dok: +10 (15 - 5)
t-2) Einar's Puppy +10 (16 - 6)
t-4) rym +8 (13 - 5)
t-4) StarofEarendil +8 (26 - 18 )
t-6) Aldin +7 (11 - 4)
t-6) Cleon +7 (14 - 7)
t-6) Pinche_Guey +7 (19 - 12)
t-9) joe5joe7 +6 (9 - 3)
t-9) mccombju +6 (14 - 8 )

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports