Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 21st, 2006, 09:55 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Majitel Cas, wow will he be a tough guy to take down. One thing you will want to clarify though on his ring defense is that when those figures lose thier order markers, including the one that just swung at you, do the other members of that squad get an attack or are they considered to be swinging simultaneously with the one you just defended against? Nakita agent smoke power works on them as if they are attacking one at a time. Each time they are targeted and any that got through earlier still count even if say number three activates the smoke power, one and two still got shot and had to use defense as normal. The point is we need to clarify if those squad members still get thier attacks. Good work, I really like these guys.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old December 21st, 2006, 06:20 PM

Pug has disabled reputation
Ok. Updated Majitel as per Doc's comments. Some notes on that. (Hit f5)

1. I made both powers togglable. You MAY use either of them, but you don't have to. I didn't think it made sense to have either of them mandatory after really looking at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
One thing you will want to clarify though on his ring defense is that when those figures lose thier order markers, including the one that just swung at you, do the other members of that squad get an attack or are they considered to be swinging simultaneously with the one you just defended against
2. Hopefully this is a little more clear with me adding "immediately". So ALL cards of any figure around him can no longer attack for the rest of the round, including other squad figs who havent attack. Moral of the story? Attack him last.

Now, onto some comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn
I would like to see some kind of Utgar's Orders type of ability for Selena to be able to take a turn with a Pincer instead of taking her normal turn.
You know, that's a good idea. I always see Selena as running into the pocket dimension and tearing butt to get out, while leaving her quarry stuck within, but I never really considered how the inhabitants move about. I'm not crazy about full bonding, but maybe I could either

a) let them have "Timelord Movement Bonding" within the Pocket Dimension
b) give Selena "Temporal Movement Bonding" within the Pocket Dimension
c) Utgar's Orders on them/her.

Let me ponder.

Quote:
When I think of Vydar, I dont think of bullies or bloodlust.
I agree. I see her more striking fear into her opponents hearts through her martial prowess. So you don't walk around the corner and bump into her and go, "Ahhh!". However, when you see her cut your friends into little bits you go, "Oh oh...". I'll try to make her more thematic tonight. I don't want her to be part of the Cas, and I want her to be Vydar or Jandar.

Quote:
The only question I still have is what happens when someone steps on the counter that is the real figure. Do they pass on through? Do they stop and become engaged? Where do they stop? Does it cost them the movement point when trying to pass through the space if they have to stop before the counter when the stealthed figure appears
I'm going to rework the stealth to reflect the following: If you move adjacent to a marker, you can spend 1 move to "search it". If its the figure, you are now both engaged, if not, you can choose to move onto they tile, or just stay where you were (having lost 1 move).

Thanks to Tiberius and justjohn for the comments. We'll get some good cards out of this or die trying.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 12:36 AM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
I'm sorry to somewhat threadjack but why is this no longer Stickied? I may not comment much in these but I do enjoy reading them, the only reason I haven't commented on these cards is that the ideas are something that I've never thought of and since I'm not exactly the best at wording things I felt I had nothing to offer.

However I will say this, Pug I like your stuff. It was a bit over my head at first I will admit but I like it. I wish I could offer something more but like I said before I need help with wording my simple abilities, I would be of no use for something like this.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 12:38 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniatureGeek
I'm sorry to somewhat threadjack but why is this no longer Stickied?
Thats a good question...and has been rectified...
Old December 22nd, 2006, 02:40 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Pocket Dimensions, OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the hard ones...

Selena - The card has a really nice look to it. The name is good and the figure is nice.

Selena's Pocket Dimension -
The wording could be tightened up, including the the power name.

POCKET DIMENSION 48
Selena's Pocket Dimension must contain 48 stone spaces, one entry space, and one exit space. Two Temporal Horrors start the game in this dimension.

Teleport Aura -
I would recommend a few minor adjustments...

TELEPORT AURA
Instead of moving, Selena may activate her Teleport Aura. Remove Selena and place her on the Entrance Glyph of her Pocket Dimension. Place the Origin Glyph on the Battlefield in her place. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure that was within 3 clear sight spaces of Selena. If you roll an 11 or higher, that figure is placed in the Pocket Dimension per the Pocket Dimension rules. Selena may not use Teleport Aura if any figures she has teleported remain in her Pocket Dimension.

POCKET DIMENSION CARD

SETTING UP
The Pocket Dimension Battlefield is set up prior to placing figures on the battlefield at the beginning of the game according to the instructions on the user's card. The entrance and exit glyphs are also placed by the user at this time. Any Temporal figures are gathered normally and placed on the Pocket Dimension battlefield instead of the regular battlefield.

TELEPORTING
When a Timelord teleports, place them on the Entrance Glyph of their Pocket Dimension. All figures that teleport with them are placed on Pocket Dimension battlefield spaces that match their relative position to the Timelord, regardless of elevation. If a figure was 2 spaces in front of the Timelord on the battlefield, then they will be 2 spaces in front of the Timelord in the Pocket Dimension.

If a figure would be placed off the Pocket Dimension battlefield, they do not teleport.

At the same time, place Exit Glyphs on the main battlefield in positions relative to the Exit Glyphs in the Pocket Dimension (since the Entrance Glyph and the Origin Glyph represent the same space, position the Exit Glyphs on the main battle field to be in the relative position on the Pocket Dimension battlefield.

If the Exit Glyph cannot be placed because that position is occupied by a wall, tree, or other terrain feature, place the Exit Glyph on the Origin Glyph.

If the corresponding space is off the main battlefield instead place that Exit Glyph on the Origin Glyph.

ENTRANCES
The Timelord may be placed on the Entrance Glyph of their choice.

EXITS
When a figure in a Pocket Dimension steps on an Exit Glyph, they are immediately placed on the corresponding main battlefield Exit Glyph. If they have movement points remaining, they may use them as normal (taking any leaving engagement attacks, etc).

If a figure occupies a main battlefield Exit Glyph, that exit will not work and the figure remains in the Pocket Dimension.

ORIGIN GLYPH
If the Timelord is destroyed in the Pocket Dimension, all figures there return to the main battlefield in positions relative to the Origin Glyph. If a figure would return to a position off the main battlefield, instead place them on the Origin Glyph, or if occupied, an adjacent space.

No figure may occupy the Origin Glyph, except for those returning from a Pocket Dimension.

TEMPORAL PINCER HORROR - These guys need to have a Point cost...

Stealth tomorrow....

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:21 PM

Re: Pocket Dimensions, OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those clarifications are very good, Doc. I'll make most of those changes (though not those that change the powers) for sure. The only thing I don't agree on is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
I don't want costs for inhabitants of pocket dimensions. I would prefer it be added to the cost of Selena. I think Pocket Dimensions should always have set prices for the entire contents baked into the orginators card.

Thanks again, Doc.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 10:42 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Re: Pocket Dimensions, OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
I don't want costs for inhabitants of pocket dimensions. I would prefer it be added to the cost of Selena. I think Pocket Dimensions should always have set prices for the entire contents baked into the orginators card.
My thought there is that then you could have different Pocket Dimension creatures and could assign a point cost worth of creatures to the Timelord. You could even keep them secret until the Pocket Dimension was opened.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:59 AM

That's true. It does add some flexability to the system. And then she would have "80 points of inhabitants" on her card. It fits the Heroscape system a bit better I think.

It would add some of the players personality to the card, but it would take away from the personality of the card itself. A bit of a double edged sword...
Old December 23rd, 2006, 02:22 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I keep wanting to comment on these, but I get a tired head reading all the stuff on these cards. They're really involved. I have to say that you have the most promise I've ever seen for a customs creator, and I'm really glad you were picked for creator of the week. But there is just so danged much happening on any one of these cards, that they sort of take some of the fun out of reading them.

No offense at all, Pug. I really like what you're doing, and I am really glad you're here. I just don't have the mental fortitude to sort through customs this involved.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 04:22 AM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
My turn to chime in!
What I really like about your units is that you try to stretch the boundaries and be creative and unique with the powers.
OTOH most of the cards could use a stronger thematic attachment to the chosen figures, and sometimes you go out of your way to make a power complicated when we've had plenty of highly-lauded examples of the same kind of power done in a very simple way. You've got the ideas and drive down, you just need to work on smoothing and polishing a wee bit.
Pocket Dimension is a REALLY neat ability, but it would be nice if you could somehow condense the same idea onto a single unit card.
I also like the idea of different options for pocket dimension critters. That'd makes the whole pocket dimension a lot more expandable, more than just a single unit's quirk, and therefore more likely to see play overall.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards