Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 2nd, 2014, 11:39 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Utgar and Valkrill Homelands?

Did you make that map? It reminds me of the old Battletech maps.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 2nd, 2014, 12:09 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

I've made some smaller ones when I worked at staples, no i didn't make that one, it's a old battle tech map but works for an example.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old July 2nd, 2014, 01:05 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice to see this project !

If you need anything about the map, just ask me I'll be happy helping you.

To make it I used paint.net, so I can easily change the map. (10 layers ^^)

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 01:28 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the general (hah!) idea of using regular Risk rules, with some mechanism for deciding when to use dice and when to play out a battle. I think the ratio of Scape points to army meeples would need to be tweaked, depending on how often you get to do a Scape battle you might want to keep the battles shorter and the maps and armies smaller (excepting the castle / Homeland ones). Something like the Scraps format and maps could work really well. You could pre-build 2-3 of those and have them ready for battle.

A few other ideas, hopefully not too complicated:

* Each player starts with one General (say, Jandar and Utgar, or Jandar / Utgar / Vydar). When you play out a conflict with a Scape battle, you can only recruit from Generals whose homelands you control. So at the beginning, the Jandar player would only be able to play Jandar units, once he took Ekstrom he could also summon Ullar units. Utgar couldn't get Marro units unless he controlled the swamp.

* After a battle, any Unique units that were destroyed are out of play for future battles. (Or maybe they cost double to "resurrect").

* There could be rules for claiming an empty Homeland depending on "alignment" -- it feels like it should be easier for Jandar to get an alliance with Ullar than it would be for Utgar -- but that's probably veering into the overly complicated.

I'm using Photoshop to edit DanieLoche's map, just adding new layers for the general logos and the new lines. Pretty sure you could do the same with GIMP, although I don't use that.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
This really cool, I've wondered where many of the generals came from. Do you recommend official maps? If so it would be interesting to have mats for them like these, since the same maps would be used, just for helping to speedup the building process.

Also I figured Myvra would have come from Haukeland (which is why we havent seen her, that and shes a popular fan made general.
Anyone else wish there were more Myvra stuff out there? I've considered adding some Myvra stuff to my collection.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 2nd, 2014, 06:58 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

OK so I had a few thoughts on this, thought about using OMs on the board.

HeroScapeRisk is a mashup of, well, Heroscape and Risk.

2P: Jandar - Utgar
3P: Jandar - Vydar - Utgar
4P: Two teams (Jandar - Aquilla or Einar vs. Utgar - Marr or Valkrill)

Each player begins with 20 Army Tokens. Each Army Token is worth 25 Army Card points (so, each player begins with the equivalent of a 500 point army.) Roll for initiative. In order, take turns placing Army Tokens, either on your own Homeland, or an Area adjacent to your Homeland. ("Area" refers to any Region that's not a General's Homeland.)

Like Heroscape, HSR is played in rounds.

First, all players put Order Markers on any Regions they control, and roll for initiative. You can place more than one OM on a Region.

Before the first turn, there's the Summoning Turn. In initiative order, each player places *all* their new Armies on any Region or Regions they control. Your Homeland is worth 4 Tokens. Any other General's Homeland is worth 2 Tokens. An Area is worth 1 Token. If Jandar controls the Homelands of Einar, Aquilla, and Ullar, he gets 3 extra tokens. If Utgar controls Marr and Valkrill, he gets 2 extra tokens. If Vydar controls one "good" and one "evil" Homeland, he gets 2 extra tokens, if he controls 2 of each he gets 4. (In a 4 player game, the Team gets the bonus, and splits the Army Tokens between them. Somehow.)

Once all Army Tokens have been placed, the first player reveals the 1 OM. From that Region, you may Fortify, Explore into an unoccupied Region, or Attack.

Fortify
Move any number of Tokens from that Region to an adjacent Region you control.

Explore
Move any number of Tokens from that Region to an empty Region, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an X or higher, take a Treasure Glyph at random and place it on that Region. When defending that Region in a Scape battle, you may use that Glyph. When defending it from a Risk attack, you may re-roll one die. Once placed, a Glyph never moves off that Region. [Not sure about the Treasure Glyphs but it could be fun.]

Resolve Attacks using Risk rules, with two exceptions:

1) Either the Attacker or Defender may reveal the X Order Marker on any Region on the map (not necessarily the one under attack) and call for a Heroscape Battle. Set the XOM aside. [So out of 6 turns in a 2P game round, at most 2 will be scape battles.]

2) An attack on your opponent's Homeland must always be resolved with a Heroscape Battle.

The Heroscape Battle
Each Army Token is worth 25 points. You may only summon units from your own General, or from the General of any Homeland you control. (Marro units may only be summoned by a player who controls the Marr swamp.)

[Stuff about format, maps. Can you play just X rounds somehow instead of complete victory / defeat?]

If a Unique unit is defeated in battle, it may not be summoned again.

[Defending your own Homeland = Castle siege.]

At the end of the round, if no player has their X Order Markers, return the XOMs to all players.

Game End

The first player to occupy an opponent's Homeland wins the game. In a team game, both opponent's Homelands must be occupied. If your Homeland is occupied, you may still summon units from your starting General.

OR

After X rounds, the player with the most points wins. Score VPs the way you calculate summoning.

So whaddya think?
Old July 2nd, 2014, 07:15 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post

Each player begins with 20 Army Tokens. Each Army Token is worth 25 Army Card points (so, each player begins with the equivalent of a 500 point army.) Roll for initiative. In order, take turns placing Army Tokens, either on your own Homeland, or an Area adjacent to your Homeland. ("Area" refers to any Region that's not a General's Homeland.)

First, all players put Order Markers on any Regions they control, and roll for initiative. You can place more than one OM on a Region.

Before the first turn, there's the Summoning Turn. In initiative order, each player places *all* their new Armies on any Region or Regions they control. Your Homeland is worth 4 Tokens. Any other General's Homeland is worth 2 Tokens. An Area is worth 1 Token. If Jandar controls the Homelands of Einar, Aquilla, and Ullar, he gets 3 extra tokens. If Utgar controls Marr and Valkrill, he gets 2 extra tokens. If Vydar controls one "good" and one "evil" Homeland, he gets 2 extra tokens, if he controls 2 of each he gets 4. (In a 4 player game, the Team gets the bonus, and splits the Army Tokens between them. Somehow.)

Once all Army Tokens have been placed, the first player reveals the 1 OM. From that Region, you may Fortify, Explore into an unoccupied Region, or Attack.

Fortify

Explore
Move any number of Tokens from that Region to an empty Region, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an X or higher, take a Treasure Glyph at random and place it on that Region. When defending that Region in a Scape battle, you may use that Glyph. When defending it from a Risk attack, you may re-roll one die. Once placed, a Glyph never moves off that Region. [Not sure about the Treasure Glyphs but it could be fun.]

1) Either the Attacker or Defender may reveal the X Order Marker on any Region on the map (not necessarily the one under attack) and call for a Heroscape Battle. Set the XOM aside. [So out of 6 turns in a 2P game round, at most 2 will be scape battles.]

2) An attack on your opponent's Homeland must always be resolved with a Heroscape Battle.

The Heroscape Battle
Each Army Token is worth 25 points. You may only summon units from your own General, or from the General of any Homeland you control. (Marro units may only be summoned by a player who controls the Marr swamp.)

[Stuff about format, maps. Can you play just X rounds somehow instead of complete victory / defeat?]

At the end of the round, if no player has their X Order Markers, return the XOMs to all players.

Game End

The first player to occupy an opponent's Homeland wins the game. In a team game, both opponent's Homelands must be occupied. If your Homeland is occupied, you may still summon units from your starting General.

OR

After X rounds, the player with the most points wins. Score VPs the way you calculate summoning.

So whaddya think?
I think it looks great! Could you clarify the bolded paragraph above? That's the only part I'm confused about.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 07:34 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
This really cool, I've wondered where many of the generals came from. Do you recommend official maps? If so it would be interesting to have mats for them like these, since the same maps would be used, just for helping to speedup the building process.

Also I figured Myvra would have come from Haukeland (which is why we havent seen her, that and shes a popular fan made general.
Anyone else wish there were more Myvra stuff out there? I've considered adding some Myvra stuff to my collection.
I love that people are still excited by Myvra!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old July 2nd, 2014, 09:55 PM

Well it made perfect sense in my head....

Let's try again!

Before the first 1 Order Marker is revealed, each player calculates how much summoning power is generated by the wellsprings in the regions they control. Your own Homeland is worth 4 Tokens. Any other General's Homeland is worth 2 Tokens. An Area is worth 1 Token.

There are also bonus Tokens generated by forming your alliance. [This is instead of the "continent bonus" in Risk.] If Jandar controls the Homelands of Einar, Aquilla, and Ullar, he gets 3 extra tokens. If Utgar controls Marr and Valkrill, he gets 2 extra tokens. If Vydar controls one "good" and one "evil" Homeland, he gets 2 extra tokens, if he controls 2 of each he gets 4 extra tokens.

After figuring that out, the player who won initiative places all their new Army Tokens. He can place them in any Region or Regions he controls. The next player then places all her tokens on Regions she controls. After all the new Tokens have been placed, the first player reveals the 1 OM and starts his first turn.

------

Is that clearer? I hope so.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 09:59 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Well it made perfect sense in my head....

Let's try again!

Before the first 1 Order Marker is revealed, each player calculates how much summoning power is generated by the wellsprings in the regions they control. Your own Homeland is worth 4 Tokens. Any other General's Homeland is worth 2 Tokens. An Area is worth 1 Token.

There are also bonus Tokens generated by forming your alliance. [This is instead of the "continent bonus" in Risk.] If Jandar controls the Homelands of Einar, Aquilla, and Ullar, he gets 3 extra tokens. If Utgar controls Marr and Valkrill, he gets 2 extra tokens. If Vydar controls one "good" and one "evil" Homeland, he gets 2 extra tokens, if he controls 2 of each he gets 4 extra tokens.

After figuring that out, the player who won initiative places all their new Army Tokens. He can place them in any Region or Regions he controls. The next player then places all her tokens on Regions she controls. After all the new Tokens have been placed, the first player reveals the 1 OM and starts his first turn.

------

Is that clearer? I hope so.
The bolded is the one place that isn't connecting for me. Shouldn't Jandar get 6 extra tokens, 2 per homeland?
Old July 3rd, 2014, 12:42 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Fortify

Explore

The Heroscape Battle

Game End

OR

So whaddya think?
Sorry I guess when I pictured this, that the initial game play is like risk as your trying to gain footholds, but when a "battle" occurs, we would play heroscape like normal during that battle, depending on who wins the area and thus gains more summoning markers along with conquers that area on the map? Sounds like a very long but fun weekend game.

I do really like how you've broken up the general's themes for bonuses when they take over certain other generals.

I actually reread this again and it's starting to make sense now, Is there anyway you could get a bonus for the well springs like 2 tokens instead of 1, sense there are 15 of them, we can assume each general has at-least 1 spring

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."

Last edited by G1shark; July 3rd, 2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 09:25 AM

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

To clarify, the alliance bonus is on top of what you already get. So if Jandar had the Homelands of Einar, Ullar, and Aquilla, but no other regions, he would get 4 (Jand) + 6 (for the other Homelands) + 3 (Alliance bonus) = 13. The same way continent bonus works in Risk, on top of what you get for territories. (I should probably make the alliance bonus 4 for Jandar and 3 for Utgar, to match the size of the alliance.)

G1shark, you could certainly play the game with a 'Scape game to determine every battle -- it might take a while! I was thinking more along the lines of something you could play in hours, not days, but heck if you have the time and the opponents go for it! I'm not sure what you mean by bonuses for the Wellsprings. Would those be certain regions on the map that aren't Homelands?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion