Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 24th, 2010, 02:19 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I just got a whole bunch of stuff today and I'm excited to try them out. I got Dominion Intrigue ( I love dominion and decided to try this one out. I am hoping it'll be a fun game for me and the future mrs. to play one on one). I also found a copy of Battlelore cheap on ebay and am looking forward to that coming in and trying it. I got two starter decks for the WoW TCG, the Leaders expansion for Small World, and picked up Summoner Wars to give it a try. Should be a fun next couple of days.
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:08 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
I just got a whole bunch of stuff today and I'm excited to try them out. I got Dominion Intrigue ( I love dominion and decided to try this one out. I am hoping it'll be a fun game for me and the future mrs. to play one on one). I also found a copy of Battlelore cheap on ebay and am looking forward to that coming in and trying it. I got two starter decks for the WoW TCG, the Leaders expansion for Small World, and picked up Summoner Wars to give it a try. Should be a fun next couple of days.
sounds like fun
Intrique adds a ton of ways to screw with ppl's deck, etc, imo it makes Dominion more fun but also more I wanna strangle the other player(s)
Good Luck with the WoW Tcg I have several decks of it and could never get into it.
Summoner Wars is fun but my buddy(and it's his set) won't play with me, hahaha he lost more than once...
Smallworld, Ive not played with expansions but got to play it again this week and with ppl who know how to play and it was a blast...though the Mounted amazons sandwiched by Berserk Sorcerors and philandering Ghoul just had way to many connotations to it...

I got to play a game called Clans this week and it's pretty fun, and than blind style gameplay makes it more than interesting.
I also got to play Cuba which was fun but we didna get to finish.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:48 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Red November with the missus. We made is out, but lost Poor Red Gnome along the way. Fried to a crisp after passing out from Grog.

We noticed this time around that by leaving several rooms flooded with low water we ended up preventing a LOT of fires. It seemed like the extra minute to move through a flooded room more than made up for the time we would have spent putting out fires. Also, by not placing the new fire tokens we weren't bumping the Asphyxiation Track nearly as often.

Has anyone else tried this strategy? Am I missing something or is this a known trick?

Old July 24th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played two more games of Kingsburg tonight, my wife won both (they were 4 and 5 player games). Really enjoying this one.
Old July 25th, 2010, 12:24 AM

Aquaryan is surprisingly tart

Race For the Galaxy...learning the game.

Old July 25th, 2010, 05:29 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaryan View Post
Race For the Galaxy...learning the game.
Great game.

I would recommend the free PC version as a great help when learning it...

I picked up the Carcassonne Big Box and have played it quite a lot in the last day or two with the family. It's been a big winner.
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I finished making my copy of Smash Monster Rampage this week. I've yet to play it, but I plan on bringing it to game night at my FLGS tomorrow.
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:35 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
I finished making my copy of Smash Monster Rampage this week. I've yet to play it, but I plan on bringing it to game night at my FLGS tomorrow.
Please report on that one when you do get to play. I was looking at a bunch of PnP games on BGG yesterday and that one caught my eye.

Old July 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Please report on that one when you do get to play. I was looking at a bunch of PnP games on BGG yesterday and that one caught my eye.

Never heard of it, looking at the pics on BGG, I was already starting to scheme how easy it would be to swap in my Monsterpocalypse figs for this. The monster looks a lot like Terra Khan anyway.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old July 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Had an excellent game night the other evening. Got in a very tense and well played game of Hey That's my Fish with 4 players and then had a GREAT game of Citadels with a ruthless group. DrLivingston held true to form and really got into the secret role selection and screw your neighbor aspect of the game. Everyone was really into it and we probably had the best game of it I've ever played.

The evening was capped off with a solid Game of Thrones.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old July 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Im really curious how this one plays out. The components look awesome for a PNP game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
What other games were you checking out? Each month there is a new geeklist for pnp games people are currently creating. It is a great source to see what PNP are worth taking the time to make. Check it out here.

Im currently finishing up the cards for WizWar. I wish I wouldve just ordered a set from Artscow. 125 cards is alot to cut and glue.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lost Patrol (or it's new public domain version, Patrol: Lost) is an easy one to make, and you can use HeroScape minis for the figures. I posted photos of the copy I made a few pages back.

I've also heard good things about a space fleet combat game called Wormhole. The pdfs of the player command consoles and ships cost money, but you can download and read the rules for free before you decide to buy the full version. The artwork on this one is a class above most PnP games. You get what you pay for.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games