Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 15th, 2018, 03:50 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of John Constantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
CON ARTIST 16
When John Constantine is targeted by an opponent's figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, John Constantine may not be targeted during this figures turn.

RIDING THE SYNCHRONICITY HIGHWAY
Anytime the 20-sided die is rolled for John Constantine or a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of John Constantine, you may roll a 20-sided die. You may choose your new roll in place of the original roll. If John Constantine receives one or more Wound Markers from an attack or special ability, he may not use Riding the Synchronicity Highway for the rest of the round.

LAUGHING MAGICIAN
John Constantine may cast Spells as if he had the Magical Defense special power. An opponent's figure cannot use the Magical Defense special power when defending against an attack from John Constantine.
I like this a lot. The only change I would suggest would be trying to incorporate a blank element to synchronize the JLD more. If we really want them to work together without direct synergy, they need to fit into a blanket together. As it stands, I would fear that Zatanna's blank mechanics and Constantine's d20 boosts would divide into two separate armies unless the two of them work well with one another in a vacuum.

My suggested change:

CON ARTIST
When John Constantine is targeted by an opponent's figure, roll one combat die. If you roll a blank, John Constantine may not be targeted until the next time you reveal an Order Marker

A blank (0.1666) lives between a roll of 17+ (0.2) and 18+ (0.15) in terms of odds of success. This is a little more difficult than the currently-presented 16+ (0.25), so the compensation is giving him immunity until the player turn finishes rather than just the unit turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Alright, this is where the design was last left. It's been through a lot of different work shopping over the years, so I think he's pretty close, just need to make sure he works well within the greater JLD plans that are on going and that he plays well. One of the biggest outstanding needs is going to be mini pics, I don't have this figure myself and it's not cheap. So anyone who does have it or is planning on picking it up, please find a way to get us some mini pics sooner than later.
I have to strongly agree with this sentiment about minis. None of them are cheap, but we should figure out how we are going to get pictures here as soon as possible.

There appear to be two minis. This one is $15 on CSI and this one is $19 on CSI. Both are out of stock on TrollAndToad and neither exist on MiniatureMarket.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 15th, 2018, 03:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Zatanna I & Zatanna II both have a d20 power, so there is some incentive for you to draft them together already. Having his d20 power effect his own d20 roll seems more important to me so I don't feel like losing that completely. Maybe there is another place where we can work in a blank roll power?
Old November 15th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah I absolutely think it would be out of John’s character to not have his Synchronicity benefit himself. The base of the character is that he’s a rogueish self-serving con man who uses his luckiness to get himself out of scrapes, so I think benefitting himself is a must.

I much prefer the cheaper mini with the fire to the expensive one with the weird circle behind him.
Old November 15th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Add to the end of Laughing Magician:

When John defends against an attack from a figure with Magical Defense, if any defense dice roll a blank, John cannot take more than 1 wound from that attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 15th, 2018, 04:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Add to the end of Laughing Magician:

When John defends against an attack from a figure with Magical Defense, if any defense dice roll a blank, John cannot take more than 1 wound from that attack.

Oh, I like that.
Old November 15th, 2018, 04:14 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

That's elegant and brings back the defenses given from normal Magical Defense, except against Magicians rather than non-Magicians. I'm in favor.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 15th, 2018, 05:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright, so I know it's too soon to update the SP, but this is what I'm looking at updating it with.

LAUGHING MAGICIAN
John Constantine may cast Unique Spells as if he had the Magical Defense special power. An opponent's figure cannot use the Magical Defense special power when defending against an attack from John Constantine. When defending against an attack from a figure with Magical Defense, if any defense dice show a blank, John cannot take more than 1 wound from that attack.

Changed 'rolled' to 'show' a blank as I've been trying to ensure their is no confusion over whether Zatanna's power can be used or not. I know adding a automatic skull or shield isn't considered a 'rolled' skull or shield. Not sure if I'm just over thinking it though as previous cards were not written with Zatanna's power in mind.
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I like the Unique Spell restriction - still lets him feel like a powerful magic-user, since all the high-end stuff is Unique, but it does characterize him as a guy that doesn't run around sneezing lightning bolts.

The blank tie-in on Laughing Magician is cool. Don't think it's a strict necessity, but it's neat.
Old November 15th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Otherwise just give him Magical Defense.
I really like it. It is a lot but magic is a lot to boil down to a few sentences.
Old November 15th, 2018, 11:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Something about the blank mechanic doesn't feel right to me...too much on one power, he already has a defensive power, and I don't really know if he needs to have a blank mechanic.

I really like this art.

Last edited by MrNobody; November 16th, 2018 at 12:34 AM.
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:51 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I was a bit worried this would be too JLD centric, since I'm hoping we can capture the original Hellblazer stuff as well, but he actually hits the right notes for me (as a very mild fan). Con artist, messes with the d20, slings spells now and then.

I do definitely want to see a limit on that third power. Once per round, unique only, something like that. He seems fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Something about the blank mechanic doesn't feel right to me...too much on one power, he already has a defensive power, and I don't really know if he needs to have a blank mechanic.
I agree with him not needing the blank power. I think his power is enough to make you want him in the army.

I think the blank power feels forced and gets closer to what Johnny was worried about to begin with. Without the Blank power he works well with the JLD but also doesn't NEED them. The blank power makes it more like he needs them more than they need him.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 16th, 2018, 02:50 AM
C3G Landlord

The blank power only works vs. figures with MD, which is about 20 figures out of 770, not seeing the causes for concern.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library