Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Choose the winner of the 1st Speed Custom Contest.
Blarr the Swamp Monter 4 11.43%
Muck Beast 4 11.43%
Marr Shambling 2 5.71%
Marsh Lord 4 11.43%
Fen Guardian 1 2.86%
Vine Guard 0 0%
Brunn Erlen 6 17.14%
Amphibislime 0 0%
Kufor 4 11.43%
Kargragh 7 20.00%
Ranklos, Swamp Thing 1 2.86%
Churgorth 2 5.71%
Illium 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 5th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
SPEED CUSTOMS: Contest #1. Voting Started!

Speed Customs
Contest Number 1

Use this figure:

Voting ends in 2 days (05/0

Rules:

1) Entries must be sent to me via PM.

2) Entries must be in card format. (no text only customs)

3) Entries must be on an existing HeroScape general's card.

4) Only 1 entry per member.

5) You may not edit your custom once I have received it.

6) You may ONLY use the figure posted. You can use the figure for a squad or a hero, unique or common.

Once the submission time has ended, I will post all received entries, and this thread will become the voting/discussion thread.

Have fun, and good luck.
Old May 6th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
First Contest's Entries:

Poll will be posted later today for voting!

SoundwarpSG-1's Entry:

netherspirit's Entry:

PochoMan's Entry:

King'sKnight's Entry:

DictatorBilbo's Entry:

JeaBird's Entry:

Doc_Savage's Entry:

Boromir_and_kermit's Entry:

brickman1444's Entry:

InfinityMax's Entry:

Necroblade's Entry:

minimoose38's Entry:

Major G7's Entry:

Thanks to everyone who participated. Pretty good turnout!

smallboxgames.com
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Woah! That's a lot of customs! This could take a while to sort out.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
That's a damn good turnout! Glad to see so many people participated. Here's a little bit about what went into my version (and I hope to see others' insights, too):

First, the figure immediately makes me think swamp, as it obviously did others. Then I thought of an already famous swamp king, , and took the name from there. Next I thought of this guy, . For those who don't know, his ability would also be home with the color black, which is represented by swamps. So 3 more things came from there 1) Ranklos fighting for Ullar (a swamp guy was a pretty good fit for Ullar anyway), 2) being the swamp king (the whole black thing), and 3) the 3A/6D body. I wanted him to be tough anyway, and those stats fit just fine.

For his attributes, I enjoy making elementals and monsters, the direction I was going with him best fit under unique hero, and he's terrifying because, well, I'd be pretty scared if this thing came out of the swamp at me. Large 8 also seemed an appropriate size, though I'm not sure of the actual scale of the figure. Rounding out his stats, I wanted him on the slow (lumbering side) but hard to kill...6 life and 6D hadn't been done before and made him pretty sturdy (like the tree trunk legs he has).

On to the abilities...one of the first things I looked at was his tentacled hand. I envisioned him picking up a knight from behind him, bringing him around to stare him in the face, then pummelling him with his other hand. His next ability, Root, stemmed (heheh, plant joke) from all the vines he was covered in. I pictured vines coming from him and some from the ground that he was influencing to trap his enemies. I added the swamp bit because he's supposed to be a swamp thing, and thus his abilities would work better in the swamp. Same went for the last ability. Since we don't know what swamp spaces do yet, I worded it as closesly to Lava Resistant as I could while keeping it open to any possible effects.

I went with 160 points because while he's hard to take down, he doesn't exactly have a lot of offence, either. He's slow and only has 3A. His abilities are pretty nasty too, but they take die rolls, so I felt a mid-range value was good. And that was the 30 minutes it took me to make Ranklos, Swamp Thing.

I'll go back to looking at the other awesome customs now.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice turnout!
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
Whoah! What an enormous turnout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroblade
(and I hope to see others' insights, too):
Ok then...

When I saw this figure, I knew I wanted a giant, lumbering behemoth (what I wanted from Jotun, but didn't quite get).

I gave him the lumbering move of 4, because I couldn't see something like that moving at any speed. I wanted this card to be hard to kill, so I gave it 6 defense and the regeneration ability (more on that later). I also wanted it to be able to smash things to pieces with superhuman strength, so I gave it the 6 attack.

I envisioned the creature to be a guardian of some sort of swamp, so I gave it the class of guard. Also, since its a supernatural construct, I gave it the attribute relentless.

On the abilities: As I said before, I wanted this thing to be hard to kill, and I thought a regeneration ability would work with that and thematically fit. Throw fit my idea of the creature, so I threw it in.

I gave him the enormous cost because he has it all- defense, offense, and good looks .

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:36 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Sorry nether if mine has close to the same abilities as yours. The swamp denizen power was exactly what I wanted. Other than that, I took my inspiration from Cthulhu.

6 x 9 = 42

Old May 6th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Here's a little bit about what went into my version (and I hope to see others' insights, too):
I was going for simplistic and thematic.

I knew I wanted it to be tied to the upcoming Swamp terrain, so I tacked on the Swamp Denizen power that I used on a previous custom to it. After looking at that power and the stats that I had in mind it was basically just a Dumutef for the Swamps. I really liked that I idea so I stuck with it and made it a common hero.

I really like common heroes and my main thought was to make it a slightly more powerful Dumutef Guard (in hindsight I should have made his class Guard and lowered his cost to 30ish).

I made him a beast because it went along with the name I came up with. That gives him the possibility of being played in an Orc army and being bonded with, which is one of the reasons he costs more than a Dumutef.

The other reason he costs more is the movement ability. I wanted to give it a way to move around the swamp as freely as possibly. So that turned out to be Swamp-Mosis. It effectively gives him disengage in the swamps.

This figure is tied to the swamps, but he's not completely useless outside the swamps though, with 4A and 4D he can hold his own sometimes, much like the Dumutef when he's not on a road.
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
Sorry nether if mine has close to the same abilities as yours. The swamp denizen power was exactly what I wanted. Other than that, I took my inspiration from Cthulhu.
No worries, about borrowing powers from my cards.

I've actually updated the card you took that from, its called Swamp Denizen 2 now. I added the number clarification so I could use it on more cards and give them varying bonuses and still use the same power name.

I have a few more swamp figures coming out and most of them will have my Swamp Denizen X power.

That's cool we both came up with the movement powers that are basically the same, great minds think a like.
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:56 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Darn it! I misread the rules. I thought entries had to be in by 5:00pm. The strange thing is, when I first saw the figure, I thought "Sea-Beast" because it reminded me of one of Davy Jones's crew members. My custom has nothing to do with swamp at all.

Edit: And may I ask DictatorBilbo why the hit zone on his card looks like the Pokemon Clefairy?

Coincidence? I think not!
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:53 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Hey my custom is at the top! Which means absolutely nothing.

My only real insight on mine is that the species name 'Dismalon' comes from the Great Dismal Swamp, and that 'Blarr' is a terrible name .
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:58 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
damn i put mine in to late i thought we put it in at midnight thats why i didnt put mine in until after my soccer game but my bro was also usint the pc to apply for a job could you make one exception maybe
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards