Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Closed Thread

Old May 4th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con Map Contest* - Now taking entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
I've got one coming. In honor of Retlaw, it's named "A Bridge Too Near." (1 SotM, 1 RttFF)
I am honored.

For those old enough to remember 1977, -
Let's see...1977, that was when my older daughter turned five and my younger daughter was two. <grin> I'm old enough.
Old May 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
I've got one coming. In honor of Retlaw, it's named "A Bridge Too Near." (1 SotM, 1 RttFF)
I am honored.

For those old enough to remember 1977, the title of my map was from the movie "A Bridge Too Far." An epic war movie about "Operation Market Garden." I remember my brother and I visiting my dad in Huntington, WV -- they still had an active downtown with several big old movie theaters operating. On one side of the street was "Star Wars" and on the other was "A Bridge Too Far." You had your choice: Sci-Fi war or historical war.
Aeston also made a map that he called "A Bridge Too Far".
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Just posting so I can keep track of this.

It looks like a great idea and I still have about 2 weeks to check my maps (I'm sure one has to fit) and/or make one. I'll just edit this post with my map later.
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Puddles of Blood, my Gencon Entry...
Nice lookin' map, SuperFlyTNT, but I think it should be Pools of Blood. "Puddles", to me, just sounds too wussy. Just my 2˘. (No offense intended.)
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:47 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is my first map submission. I call it Le Dormir du Val from a poem by Rimbaud.

Download it here.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; May 4th, 2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old May 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am honored.

For those old enough to remember 1977, -
Let's see...1977, that was when my older daughter turned five and my younger daughter was two. <grin> I'm old enough.
I turned 6.

Old May 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is my second submission. I call it It's a Hot Climb.

Download it here.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old May 4th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Here's the download for the .pdf of "A Bridge Too Close." One SotM, one RttFF.

Download

This happens to be the first map I've actually uploaded here; thanks to LongHeroscaper for the great advice in his thread about map publishing.

Last edited by Revdyer; May 4th, 2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:04 AM

Archiver is surprisingly tart

I had some questions about the rules. Do you need to designate 2 locations for the Hive in case each side decides to have one in their army? Keep in mind I’m new to this.

“If” you only need 1 designated area and it is near one of the starting zones. Does the person who drafted the hive get that starting zone?

May wave 1 glyphs be used?
May you use glyphs from master sets not used in the design?
May you use multiples of the same glyphs?

Thanks

Old May 5th, 2009, 08:11 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Start zones are required; they must be 24 hexes per player and accommodate the Marro Hive. Glyphs are optional to the cartographer and can be static or random per the maker’s choice.
So yes, both start zones must have room for the Hive and you have free license with the glyphs.

-insert signature here-
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I'll try to answer some of these:

There has to be a way to put the hive in each starting zone.

Glyphs do not count towards map requirements (according to the BoV)

I doubt that you can use multiples.
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Puddles of Blood, my Gencon Entry...
Nice lookin' map, SuperFlyTNT, but I think it should be Pools of Blood. "Puddles", to me, just sounds too wussy. Just my 2˘. (No offense intended.)
If I had 2-3 more water tiles there it was GOING to be Pools Of Blood, but since they're so small, and most of the water areas can be navigated by 2-hex guys, it's more like puddles, hence...Puddles of Blood.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games