Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
When will the power rankings be updated? There is multiple figures that need to be changed in status plus the new figures. Fyolarg spiders, fire elementals, wolves of badru, mindflayer mastermind, zettian guards, deathstalkers, mezzodemons, dwarves, plus others I might have forgotten.
They have not been released long enough for enough tournaments plays for most of the figures to be placed in a Ranking. Be patient.
Old December 5th, 2012, 04:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
When will the power rankings be updated?
My inclination is to wait for the end of the regular season of the current online event, as several of the figures are getting a lot of play in that event.

Quote:
There is multiple figures that need to be changed in status plus the new figures. Fyolarg spiders, fire elementals, wolves of badru, mindflayer mastermind, zettian guards, deathstalkers, mezzodemons, dwarves, plus others I might have forgotten.
I don't anticipate a change to some of those:
  • MFM: Still probably at his best as filler or with Ornak - building around Cxurgy is probably not going to make a very strong build for typical tournament play.
  • Fire Elementals - Rachiem isn't bad against them, but he's far from the worst matchup for them, and doesn't really change their power in the meta.
  • Dwarves: Mok is good, and useful to the Dwarves, but he's not dramatically better with Dwarves then, say, Nilfheim or Q9 would be in a similar role.
  • Mezzodemons: The move bonus from Morgoloth is nice, for sure, but I don't think it bumps them into the "A" range, especially given his cost.

Spiders, WoB, Zettian Guards, and Deathstalkers could definitely be due for a boost.

Last edited by dok; December 5th, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old December 5th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I did awesome at our local tourney Saturday with Mok; I went 3-1 and came in third place.

He's great in the build as a first line key-figure-killer, or cleanup where the opposing force has nothing that stand toe-to-toe with him. But once you put OMs on him, you must keep at it, so I's say he is a Menacer. Granted he rolled defense like a champ, with 2 shields consistently, and the last game I lost because of a couple bad rolls on Mok and Dwarves; usually it was one or the other.

The build was Mok, Axegrinders x4, and Guilty. Guilty literally did nothing all tourney.

I'd say he is an A/A- figure.
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Any chance of getting an update soon? The Peoria B-List Tournament is using your rankings, and we would like to have accurate rankings for the Large Expansion figures, as well as updated rankings after the nearly completed online event.
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:34 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Sure, vegie. I wanted to let the online event play out first, but since it's all done (except for my final two wins ) I'll go over the results and put together an update this weekend.

We have plenty of data on Quahon (I'm pretty sure she's going down as an A-) and a decent amount on Mok (probably B+), Rachiem (probably B+), and Morgoloth (B+ or B). We have less for Deathcommander, who I will pencil in at B+, probably.

Spiders, Deathstalkers, WoB, and Zettian Guards will be moving up, but not past B+.
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:49 PM

I finally got around to updating and blurbing. (Rachiem is my favorite new blurb.)

I think I may have overcooked it slightly by bumping Zettian Guards to a B, but aside from that I think I was pretty conservative with my ranking bumps.

Unrelated to the new figures, I also dropped Preyblood Thralls to C and bumped VBDs to B.
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Thanks for updating this dok! I noticed most of the units I'm playing in the Peoria tourney are B or B+ ... hee hee hee.

It's hard to imagine the Zettian Guards as a B, but Deathcommander really brings them there. They were my MVPs in the Deathcommander games I've played.
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:05 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The one ranking that I disagree with is Marro Gnids being a B+. They have a very specific niche (anti-hero-with-3-or-less-defense), and they're only occasionally worth their points.

Just my 2 cents.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
The one ranking that I disagree with is Marro Gnids being a B+. They have a very specific niche (anti-hero-with-3-or-less-defense), and they're only occasionally worth their points.

Just my 2 cents.
I agree. I am planning to knock them down to B, but since they are getting a little play in the current online event I am giving them a chance to prove me wrong.
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:41 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My Mind Flayer friend Cxurg'gyath is missing from the rankings!

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for updating the rankings dok (and really, continuing them after Jexik left). I found that they were pretty accurate at the B-List tournament; there was no one squad that you had severely underrated that dominated everyone. Here are my thoughts on some of the units that showed up:

Skeletons: B+ seems about right to me. I know I went 4-1 with them, and the one loss was a nailbiter, but every single game that I played, the board either had a move glyph or road on it. (actually, I think every board at the tournament had one of those two ). I think they are best with multiple Reanimators, since you can play them more aggressively.

Agent Skahen: I think she's only a B. It's pretty easy to whiff on Stealth Dodge, or even just catch her normally. Cover Fire is kind of hard to pull off. She's basically just a Krav-lite in most situations, and I think one letter grade worse is about the right amount.

Racheim: I think he also needs lowering to a B. He's good, but there are times where Triple Attack with three dice flat out doesn't work. Five move also makes him kind of slow, and he's difficult to place.

Nicholas Esenwein: He definitely needs a bump to at least B+. He's awesome with the Thralls (although the Thralls kinda suck). Just put a single OM on him every round, and dash around the board picking off two squaddies, continuing your mindless pack's advance. He's pretty good with the Skeles too, as a cleanup figure, using Overextend to strategically heal his wounds as he fights for his life. I was able to use a move glyph boosted Nicholas Esenwein as a vulture against Minions of Utgar; moving to where the only Minion that could attack him the next turn was the one he was attacking, and then diving into the fray for an overextend and crippling the Minions activations for the rest of the game.

Morgoloth: I'd say another one who needs a raise up to B+. His bonding squad is kind of mediocre, but his base stats are just incredible. Six move, two attacks of four, four defense and six life? I'd like to see him as a cleanup figure with the Mezzos to see how he does there (I was considering Mezzos x7 and Morgoloth as my army actually).

Hatamoto Taro: My dad wants him bumped up to at least C-, since he went 3-3 with him, but I think that the metagame helped him out a lot. Still, I don't think he's an F (and I do not understand at all why the Grok Riders aren't).

Last edited by vegietarian18; February 12th, 2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think you are underestimating Rachiem as I have been on the receiving end of that triple attack and it really hurts when he's on height. He also has a special to clear out squaddies and flying to help him get height easier.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs