Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 15th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Venoc Vipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Today I played a 300 point game, fielding a single squad of venocs.

I win initiative, first turn with venocs.

5 frenzies later, I won without giving my opponent a single unit activation, that first turn. So epic.

What did your opponent have?

MegaSilver
Oh my.
I made a major typo, or something, didn't I? You got me.

What I meant is what figures did his opponent have. I was curious as to how easy it was to destroy his opponent. Did he have all squads, or weak or few Heroes, or something like that.

MegaSilver
Actually, I was saying oh my about how he swept his opponent. Your wording was funny as well, however.
Yeah, it wasn't as if I was up against a bunch of sentinels or anything:

He had Krav Mag, 1x Protectors of Ullar, Atlaga.

Butter defense, but it was still amazing, particularly because the Venocs were an afterthought when I had 40 points left.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:25 AM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

Just recently I had a battle in which I used 1 squad of Venocs (I only own 1 squad). The amazing part was the 4 Frenzy's in a row (helped by Mittens; rolled 15 once) and Raelin's V.1 aura gave them a defence of 2, which allowed them to repel attacks! That was fun!

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:47 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

Myst9, that sounds like the luckiest viper game yet. I only have two squads and that never is enough.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old September 9th, 2009, 02:36 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have three squads and think it is enough. I do not think an all viper army is a great idea. I use them more like my speedy shock troops. When they die, and they will the main force will come in.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:10 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

One of my favorite tricks with these guys is to leave them sit behind my ranged forces (which tend to be MRT these days), and when my enemy gets close I jump the vipers up one side of the hill and down the other. It often results in having height. Just keep rolling for Frenzy, and you may find some lucky streaks of 1-2 extra turns with height. 3 attacks of 4 is nothing to sneeze at, especially when it can be done 1-2 extra times in a row.

I have 4 squads, but 3 seems to fit in most armies better. 4 squads is simply to many figures with 0 defense.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Vipers are very enjoyable. When I used them in this army:

Mohicans x3 210
Brave Arrow 50
Mittens 120
3x Venocs 120
Total 500

They performed fairly well for only 120 points. They probably took out almost their points (but I'm a bad roller, so that might be why, only got 1 frenzy) and kept the enemy (Dividers, Stingers, TBR) busy for a while.

The only thing I'm not sure about, though is if in the above army 3x Spiders, or Raelin ROTV and Theracus would work better. Maybe even Raelin SOTM to save order markers since the MRT are very fast.

Another army that isn't seen as much, since the other boost the VW gives is minimal, but here it is:

Aubriens x3 210
Venoc Warlord 120
Venocs x4 160
Isamu 10
Total 500

Arkmer instead of the 4th Venoc squad and Isamu is a possibility, but I'm not sure how I like it best.

So anyway, the Venocs are very fun, and if you want to go pure Venoc, I suggest this:

Mittens 120
Armoc Vipers x3 130
Venocs x5 200
Total 450 (Drop a Venoc)

In the above army, you don't have much room for anything else at 500, unless you'd wish to drop an additional Venoc/Armoc, which isn't really advisable, since you already have to drop a Venoc.
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:32 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst9 View Post
Just recently I had a battle in which I used 1 squad of Venocs (I only own 1 squad). The amazing part was the 4 Frenzy's in a row (helped by Mittens; rolled 15 once) and Raelin's V.1 aura gave them a defence of 2, which allowed them to repel attacks! That was fun!

But my KoW still trounced them, the Armocs x1, Raelin, Theracus, Shiori, put about three wounds on NGS, and I think killed the Venoc Warlord epically!

Back on topic: Venocs are MUCH more fun to play against when they have 0 defense boosters!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:33 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I recently played a game on a large map with 8x Venocs, Charos, VW, Zetacron, and Theracus Vs. Roman Archers x4, Kozuke, Agent Carr, Kaemon Awa, and Syvarris on an extremely large map. It actually ended up being an army of Charos and the Venocs (+ VW) since no one else did anything. The lack of range on the large map really hurt the Venocs. However they are fun to use, and even though this probably wasn't the best test, I can see them being a force on smaller maps.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...

Last edited by King of the Marro; February 7th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old February 8th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

750 point game? Yep the VV are best in large large numbers - I say use proxies if you don´t have enough of the real thing, 8 squads sounds like a blast, with some Roborats to hold people and get some glyph´s these guys become even better to field

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 17th, 2011, 02:17 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Question about Frenzy, say I keep getting Frenzy rolls right, can I move any 3 VV or just the 3 VV I moved before?

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old April 17th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Question about Frenzy, say I keep getting Frenzy rolls right, can I move any 3 VV or just the 3 VV I moved before?
You may move and attack with any 3 venoc vipers that you control. So 2 successful frenzies could allow you to take a turn with up to 9 different vipers.
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:17 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
You may move and attack with any 3 venoc vipers that you control. So 2 successful frenzies could allow you to take a turn with up to 9 different vipers.
Awesome thank you!

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units