Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 7th, 2022, 06:01 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of D.Va (MEKA) - Breathing

I don’t think her beating out Iron Man is a problem (not much higher though). Her meka is specifically designed to take on a Gundam sized robot that has reinforcements, and is the main defense force of her country. I’m fine with that point range though as long as she feels like her Overwatch self.

Targeting could work, mechanically I don’t think it’s much different then “attacked and a skull rolled” is it?

Quote:
NAME = D.VA
SECRET IDENTITY = HANA SONG

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = COMPETITIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

FUSION CANNONS
If D.Va moved 3 or fewer spaces this turn, she may attack with a normal attack one additional time.

MICRO MISSILES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2.
After attacking with this special attack, D.Va may attack 3 additional times.

NERF THIS!
Instead of attacking or defending with D.Va, you may immediately use Nerf This!. Roll 3 unblockable attack dice against each figure within 3 clear sight spaces of D.Va, one at a time. After using Nerf This!, destroy D.Va.

DEFENSE MATRIX
If D.Va or a friendly figure is targeted for an attack from a non-adjacent figure, you may immediately reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card and move D.Va up to 3 spaces. If you do, choose 2 spaces in a straight line from D.Va. D.Va and all figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces that are within clear sight of D.Va take no damage from this attack, and for the rest of this player turn cannot attack, or be attacked by, non-adjacent figures.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Old January 7th, 2022, 08:44 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

The main difference is that “targeted” lets the opponent re-target after D.Va uses Defense Matrix. So if Green Arrow tries to shoot at D.Va and she activates it, he gets a chance to re-target a different figure if he can.

So definitely a slight downgrade, but it saves text space (you can cut that whole bit about the attack not doing damage) and lowers her cost a bit.

Another argument for keeping a lower cost is that this isn’t the “full” D.Va. If Pilot D.Va costs 100 points, that’s +100 if you want to play the “full” D.Va experience. She probably shouldn’t be close to Superman level.
Old January 7th, 2022, 09:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea I think this design should be around 200 points. 250 as an absolute max.
Old January 7th, 2022, 10:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Fwiw, with the below draft I'm getting 265-295 on the power calculator (I think my earlier calculations were a bit idealistic) so we're getting closer. Might be worth getting @IAmBatman in here for a second opinion though. (I ranked the powers at 3/2, 1, 3, 3/2, and Flying at its default 3.)
Quote:
NAME = D.VA
SECRET IDENTITY = HANA SONG

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = COMPETITIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

FUSION CANNONS
If D.Va moved 3 or fewer spaces this turn, she may attack with a normal attack one additional time.

Range 6. Attack 2.
After attacking with this special attack, D.Va may attack 3 additional times.

NERF THIS!
Instead of attacking or defending with D.Va, you may immediately use Nerf This!. Roll 3 unblockable attack dice against each figure within 3 clear sight spaces of D.Va, one at a time. After using Nerf This!, destroy D.Va.

DEFENSE MATRIX
If D.Va or a friendly figure is targeted for an attack from a non-adjacent figure, you may immediately reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card and move D.Va up to 3 spaces. If you do, choose 2 spaces in a straight line from D.Va. For the rest of this player turn, D.Va and all figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces that are within clear sight of D.Va cannot attack or be attacked by non-adjacent figures.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Old January 8th, 2022, 01:12 AM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

Is the figure going to be a double base?
Old January 8th, 2022, 03:21 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Single Large pretty sure.
Old January 8th, 2022, 10:04 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

She sits on a large single base! There are some photos in the third post of this thread if you want to see the mini. All the Monopoly Gamer figures can stay on the bases they come on if you want them to, but D.Va's is slightly too big for a tile. Very easy to cut off the base though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
Is the figure going to be a double base?
Old January 8th, 2022, 10:18 AM

We could lower her life or defense by 1, maybe even her range too. I think with Defense Matrix nullifying range attacks once per round she's going to sit around for a while. And she's a pretty close quarters character in Overwatch. Glad to see her coming down to where we want her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Fwiw, with the below draft I'm getting 265-295 on the power calculator (I think my earlier calculations were a bit idealistic) so we're getting closer. Might be worth getting @IAmBatman in here for a second opinion though. (I ranked the powers at 3/2, 1, 3, 3/2, and Flying at its default 3.)
Old January 8th, 2022, 11:12 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Cutting defense and/or life seems like the easiest tweak to get power level down, IMO. Agreed that Defense Matrix will add quite a bit to her survivability.

I'd consider combining the first two powers somehow or dropping one of them. They seem to offer similar gameplay impact and theme, and I personally prefer limiting to 3 powers when possible. I think your current draft is fine, though, if you have a strong preference for that.

Competitive is a new personality - are you planning to base Overwatch synergy on that? If not, I'd suggest finding a personality to reuse here.
Old January 8th, 2022, 11:17 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I’d probably just cut the top power. We already have a multi hit special attack, it feels redundant.
Old January 8th, 2022, 11:30 AM
Just A Head

Dropping her Life by 1 is worth around 25 points.
Dropping her Defense by 1 is worth around 20 points.
Dropping her Range by 1 is worth about 5 points.

So I'd say dropping her to 5L5D is a solid change. Alternatively, 4L6D would get you about the same result, if you want her to feel more armored.

As another option, what about cutting Nerf This! and saving it for Pilot D.Va? I know that may not seem ideal to your goals, but I think saving something for Pilot D.Va to do will really help justify that second design, and it gives you more wiggle room to work with here, both in terms of text and power level. For example, I see LP and Archie talking about cutting the Micro Missiles power, what if it was something like this instead?
Quote:
Range 6. Attack 2.
D.Va may attack normally before using this special attack and may only use this special attack once per round. After attacking with this special attack, D.Va may attack 3 additional times.
On Competitive, I think that would work really well as the basis for a Gamer faction, since that kind of character archetype is only becoming more common. Personally, I'm in favor of keeping it.

Also just want to say, great work here so far! I know there's been a lot of back-and-forth, but you've handled it pretty swimmingly for a first LD!
Old January 8th, 2022, 12:03 PM

I had actually had thoughts about dropping Nerf This! and putting it on Pilot D.Va, it's the only part of her kit that would make sense on Pilot D.Va. I agree with everything you've mentioned there @MrNobody , and I think it'll also incentivise running Pilot D.Va with her more. If we dropped Nerf This! to give to Pilot D.Va, 6/5 life and 5/6 defense could be workable on here?

If we went with that version of Micro Missiles, how would that interact with Fusion Cannons? Fusion Cannons is probably my favourite part of her kit besides Defense Matrix and I'd like to preserve it. Would Micro Missiles allow for just one normal attack or two?

That's the exact reason I went with Competitive as a personality: potential Gamer synergy in the future. I don't have any plans for Overwatch synergy, especially not for D.Va as she isn't a member of it (although the comics are hinting that she's to be hired for New Overwatch).

Thank you! I've been worried I've butchered this a bit because of the back-and-forth. Once D.Va is complete though I think future Overwatch designs will be easier since we'll have someone to more accurately compare with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library