Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: What would you like to see more of in Heroscape?
More? I still haven't bought everything that I want! 21 20.00%
I don't really care. I trust them to make more awesome units as the business cycles allow. 11 10.48%
I'd like to see some Cheerleaders that boost underappreciated units. 14 13.33%
I'd like to see some new squads that bond with lackluster heroes. 22 20.95%
I'm sick of bonding. I'd like to see more alternatives. 17 16.19%
[Insert favorite general/race/personality here] totally needs some love! 15 14.29%
Other (please specify) 5 4.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 27th, 2008, 12:32 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Roles and Holes in HS- How OM affect Design (OM III)

I love the idea of covering fire. Something like this:

Covering Fire
Before taking a turn with (1), any ranged unit that follows (general) within four clear site spaces of (1) make attack normally. They may not move, and no modifiers or special abilities apply to the attack.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old April 27th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Jexik, nice article (as usual). I'm really glad we won't see "covering fire" for the 4th Mass...they would dominate even more than they do now.
Old November 9th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler
Jexik,

I enjoyed the special powers you came up with more than anything -- Lightening and Chain Lightening -- bravo. Don't know if I'd write them exactly the same way, but the concept -- anti-soulborg.

I've noticed reports of tournament winners and high placers typically contain the newer soulborgs (Deathwalkers excluded). Its unfortunate any power that counters soulborgs would likely hurt the already power-diminished Deathwalkers. But with their high defense, losing 1 def dice may be the best way to do that.
Additionally, one might add a Sujoah/DW8K-like ability to Lightning strike where a successful hit can then mean the chance for additional wounds on heroes. This wouldn't punish the Deathwalkers at all, but would make Q9 a slightly less attractive hero. Then you might get rid of the extra order marker removal part.

Necroblade
, I'm glad to help! I'm not much of a visual artist, or photoshop wizard, but I hope my ideas can help out the custom community in some way.

Dnutt, I like the idea of a ranged Viper squad a lot, especially if they have Frenzy and/or are Scouts. I'd be hesitant to add more Warlords into the mix because the Romans would get more too. Perhaps make a Viper hero into a Predator? That way you could make some cool Aquilla/Ullar hybrid armies with spiders, armocs, mittens, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 9th, 2007, 05:30 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Dnutt, I like the idea of a ranged Viper squad a lot, especially if they have Frenzy and/or are Scouts. I'd be hesitant to add more Warlords into the mix because the Romans would get more too. Perhaps make a Viper hero into a Predator? That way you could make some cool Aquilla/Ullar hybrid armies with spiders, armocs, mittens, etc.
I never thought about the unbalancing Roman Lego thing. Honestly I posted first in response to the poll, and then read the article. Very clever and interesting idea on making the my Armoc hero a predator though. That elaborate on a new class while still maintaining the synergies. Thanx.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old November 9th, 2007, 09:27 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
As far as synergy and bonding goes
I'd like to see more units like the queen vampire lady (not the summoning one).

She boosts Cyprien, but at the same time could be damaged by him dying.

More units should have this give/take type thing, and still be useful in their own right. There are so many units now that are useless without their counterparts. I think more things should be decent both ways, or have potential pitfalls as well as well as advantages.
Old November 12th, 2007, 02:17 AM

dickflea Woo who?
I didn't know which way to go with this, on one hand i'd like to see the failing Heroes boosted and on the other i trust the makers of the game have some yet unseen units that will solve this.

Anyways i'm just glad they haven't pulled the line completely.
Old November 12th, 2007, 08:03 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Once again, great article. They're always well-written, thought out, and easy to read. I especially like the now technicolored Krug

As for actual content, I agree with pretty much everything you said, but I agree more strongly with these points:

-Saturation of human champions with similar abilities. They need a high priced hero or a hero in the 50 point range. Also, he needs to be distinctly different from the others (which pretty much follow the 3 attack, 4 defense thing).

-Vydar needs some cheaper units. It's fun to play general specific armies, and if you choose Vydar, it can be hard to fill a given point value.

-I'm not quite as keen to the idea of terrain specific guys as you, but I like the idea as long as the primary value of the terrain specific unit is in its default stats. I just don't like it when units like the Obsidian Guards, Marro Drudge, Yetis (to a lesser degree), etc. are pretty silly to use outside their home terrain. Give terrain specific units an "incentive" to be on their familiar terrain.

-I agree: enough with Utgar!

-I love that chain lightning ability. Anything that helps neuter Q9 and rats....errrrr....."Soulborgs" is good in my book.

Good stuff!
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:55 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Everything SP said.
Old April 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think it might be interesting to see more anti-bonding powers besides just order marker removing powers like Dund's. I'm thinking a wizard or a spy that has a "mistrust" or "trechery" type power that would stop figures within a certain number of spaces from using bonding powers.
Or maybe it could be D20 based, but then it'd require some sort of marker to place on the card. The latter option would make it more permanent and would limit how many cards you could affect, though, in most cases, you'd only need to affect one card to cripple an army. (So it'd have to be a pretty high roll). I think I prefer the proximity option, though, just so bonders can take out the spy or wizard, or w/e and end the effect.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles