Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old December 9th, 2008, 05:22 PM

Daddio is surprisingly tart
Custom Terrain School

Custom 'Scapers!

I was thinking about putting together a document that would be a "Custom Terrain School" to cover all the basic tools, materials, and techniques.

I know we talk about the same type of processes again and again, and I thought it would be nice to have a central resource to put in the Downloads area that we could point people to.

So, if someone asked "what is dry brushing" for the zillion and oneth time, we could refer them to the document.

What do you think? Would you like to participate?

"I think you like buying HeroScape stuff more than you like actually playing HeroScape." -Mommio-

Daddio's Random Comments (customs page)
Old December 9th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Custom Terrain School

What is dry brushing?

Its a great idea, although I won't be able to help much.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:40 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation

Very nice idea. That could work very well in defining and showing basic terrain concepts. Might be worth putting in the Codex. The only problem I can foresee is that everyone has different methods of dong everything. Would you put one or as many as possible methods for doing basic things?

6 x 9 = 42

Old December 9th, 2008, 06:57 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I would love that! I've always wanted to make terrain, but never really knew where to start.

...So that means I can't help with it much, but I'd certainly use it!
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:08 PM

Oh Freek is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Id enjoy that very much also. Can always use some extra help.
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:14 PM

OK, well I'll tell you what. I've got the document started already as an MS Word document. If you would like to contribute to its completion, please email me and I'll send you a copy. I've got most of the outline filled out, but I need people to help add other core concepts and to write for techniques.

Yes, there are various techniques. My main goal is to get all the basic ideas out there and I could integrate "variations" as I fill in the details.

Hopefully, what we'll end up with is a PDF document, complete with pictures and processes that includes a variety of ideas.

There are a few detailed tutorials (ie, how to make lava, or trees) that I would like to have contributed to the document.

"I think you like buying HeroScape stuff more than you like actually playing HeroScape." -Mommio-

Old December 9th, 2008, 10:30 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You should check out RogueScape.
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:13 AM

sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
You should check out RogueScape.
YAY! Another site to enable my addiction!

Looks great, I like the article format for the workshops as opposed to forum posts.

Custom Terrain
Custom Figures and Repaints
Stuff for Sale
Good Trades:Ted, Hilo-scaper, omen20154, eternaldream
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Yes, I've been over to RogueScape before - thanks for the reminder.

Do you guys think having the document finished up would be a good resource for this site - and of course RogueScape if they want it. I'd really like to have your contributions here. Gidian too, and Grish, and Calvin if they pop over. I'm sure there are others I'm forgettting.

Old December 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM

sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds like a great idea. I'll try to contribute some tidbits as well. It will be cool to see all the techniques side by side to see options. There's so many ways to do any project.

Custom Terrain
Custom Figures and Repaints
Stuff for Sale
Good Trades:Ted, Hilo-scaper, omen20154, eternaldream
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:09 PM

OK, I got the WORD file up to the web. If you want to download the outline and take a look at where you can contribute, please follow this link.

Custom School - Draft

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles