Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old May 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Removing paint from terrain and figures

Has anyone found a good way to remove the paint and flock from custom terrain without removing the factory paint and detail? I have flocked and painted an entire master set and would like to bring it back to factory condition with as little work as possible.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Removing paint from terrain and figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Has anyone found a good way to remove the paint and flock from custom terrain without removing the factory paint and detail? I have flocked and painted an entire master set and would like to bring it back to factory condition with as little work as possible.
I can't really think of anything. Was your additional work done with water based glue and paint? If so, you might try soaking the pieces overnight in a tub of water and then attacking it with an old toothbrush or other similarly bristled brush.

Good luck!
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If minimal effort is what you're looking for, you might want to take some pictures and see if someone will trade you an unflocked master set over at the thrade thread (assuming your stuff is passable).

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
I can't really think of anything. Was your additional work done with water based glue and paint? If so, you might try soaking the pieces overnight in a tub of water and then attacking it with an old toothbrush or other similarly bristled brush.

Good luck!
I'm going to say that this is probably your best bet. If there is anything more intense than water based paint and glue going on then I think you're going to be out of luck. If there is any kind of sealer on it, you just might be out of luck. Anything intense enough to remove the paint is probably going to affect the underlying paint, even if it just dulls it slightly or a small bit rubs off.
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:33 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

Good luck!
I'm going to say that this is probably your best bet. If there is anything more intense than water based paint and glue going on then I think you're going to be out of luck. If there is any kind of sealer on it, you just might be out of luck. Anything intense enough to remove the paint is probably going to affect the underlying paint, even if it just dulls it slightly or a small bit rubs off.
Yes it is a water based paint. I might try soaking it in water. I'm just not sure how effective it will be for removing ALL the paint. I am considering selling my collection and figured that since some of my terrain is flocked and painted it would greatly diminish what I could get for it. Thanks for the help guys.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:22 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm guessing you won't ever get it back to 'factory' finish. You might try a little Pine Sol in the water to help dissolve the unwanted stuff.
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My thought is that if you're selling your collection, just say that it has been customized. I'm pretty sure someone from the site would by it and seeing as it would come already set up you would get your moneys worth. I'd just post it in the trade thread. Just MHO though.
Old May 29th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart

Pinesol is your best bet, but it won't work well enough.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles