Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 15th, 2018, 12:05 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Squirrel Girl (Playtesting Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I can be pretty forgetful when it comes to special powers. Something that I've found works for me is writing a little reminder for the power on a sticky note and sticking it near the card. Something like "After attacking: don't forget SG can leap"
That’s a good idea. Sounds way more efficient than not letting turns end until I read each card twice. 😆
Old October 15th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, maybe that was a little too reactionary. It does make me lean away from changing her SA though. Maybe she just needs a point bump and we can call it a day? Once we get our final set in!
Old October 18th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Hey guys, sorry for slowness
I'm going to get myself some dinner then I'll put my test here after

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old October 18th, 2018, 06:58 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT:
Squirrel Girl

Army Test

Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Squirrel Girl, Nick Fury, Sharon Carter, Hawkeye (absent), Skrull Infiltrator, Scarlet Spiders, 2x SHIELD Agents vs Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing

Spoiler Alert!

Squirrel Girl did a decent job here. Holding her back and allowing her to build up markers was the sensible choice, since the amount of wounds she deals are pretty infrequent, but she was enough to give an edge over the last two FF members. It's worth nothing that as far as I could tell once only The Thing remained, Squirrel Girl actually became functionally invincible, since for the rest of the game she could have just walked into range for Swarm, then used her leap to move backwards, with The Thing's slowness making him unable to ever catch up to her to kill her. It's also worth noting that Hawkeye was meant to be in this game but I actually forgot to even put him on the board- but it wouldn't have changed much I don't think.

Playtest 2:

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Squirrel Girl, Nick Fury, Sharon Carter, Hawkeye, Skrull Infiltrator, Scarlet Spiders, 2x SHIELD Agents vs Professor X, Cyclops (I), Jean Grey, Beast, Ice Man, Angel

Spoiler Alert!

Squirrel Girl did woefully here. Across 10 attacks she dealt 0 damage and so contributed absolutely nothing to the fight ultimately.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
For 160 points, she doesn't seem altogether very reliable. The volume of Squirrel Swarm attacks didn't seem to manage to offset it's low attack of 3. From these two games alone I feel it may be worth dropping her points slightly, since upping Swarm's attack to 4 would probably require a drastic re-evaluation of point cost. 140 would seem reasonable. Despite relative unreliability, her class-borrowing ability gives her a good amount of draftability, and she'd probably shine out more slotted into a higher point army and left as a "back-up" unit building up markers and coming out at the very end (which would have even been more ideal here but I was mindful that I needed her to do a decent amount of fighting for the test)

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Thematically, she's a very fun unit to play. The mechanics are well implemented for how her powers work and it's very entertaining to picture her wildly chucking squirrels at the Human Torch as they regrettably get very crispy (Johnny will not forgive himself for what he has done). A fun unit well worth using, but maybe could do with a minor cost drop.

Old October 18th, 2018, 07:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Those were two big wins for a unit you are recommending a point drop on. I understand you weren't overly impressed with her individual performance, but I wouldn't expect a SHIELD team to mop the floor with the Fan4 & classic X-Men. Were you getting a bunch of Kill Box attacks or something? Are the Scarlet Spiders in need of a points bump?
Old October 18th, 2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Those were two big wins for a unit you are recommending a point drop on. I understand you weren't overly impressed with her individual performance, but I wouldn't expect a SHIELD team to mop the floor with the Fan4 & classic X-Men. Were you getting a bunch of Kill Box attacks or something? Are the Scarlet Spiders in need of a points bump?
Well, I'm putting the first win down to good tactics on my part. I managed to use the Scarlet Spiders and Sharon to pin down Invisible Woman pretty fast which really messed with their overall defensive capability. As for the second, I was playing the X-Men on that one. I got some unlucky rolls (I had three SHIELD Agents all in a line for Cyclops' Optic Blast and he rolled a grand total of... 0 skulls.) Also Hawkeye kept Beast engaged for a full three rounds thanks to lucky defence rolls, which really screwed with my plan of dropping Beast in on the bulk of the SHIELD army that Jean Grey was holding in place.

I'm not sure if the Scarlet Spiders need a point bump. They were pretty crucial to the first game win for SHIELD but only with some pretty clever manouvering via Swing Line. I'd consider them for one but I don't know if I want to say they definitely need one.

Old October 18th, 2018, 07:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the insight.
Old October 19th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Thanks! So we're up to 5 testers now. Here's some quick analysis:

johnny139: 2 wins, 1 loss (pre-nerf)
Scapemage: 1 win, 1 loss
MrNobody: 1 win, 2 "did nothing" games
shaolin: 1 win, 1 loss
ALEXAN2507: 2 wins

So, that's a lot of wins! 7/3 overall. However, within those games... she wasn't always relevant, as in Alexan's games. And for my wins, at least, she was toned down after. I don't think it's a concern for a swingy unit

In addition, we had 3 Crime Fighter armies, 5 Agent armies, 2 Soldier+Agent armies, and two more generalist armies. No dedicated Fighter builds but lots of time with Luke Cage. Good cross section!

I think we have a real sink-or-swim unit here. If things are hot she can tear through an army. If not, you can roll 10 attacks and do nothing. But I feel like that's appropriate for Squirrel Girl!

I'm always conservative on costs, but I think I'll resist the urge to push her up a bit. 160 seemed fun and, unless the dice are really against you, balanced. Unfortunately, it's not a unique point cost for any of the factions she's a part of, but the mid-100s is crowded, so 150 or 170 wouldn't do much either. Ending in a 5 is worth considering... but I won't push for it.

So, I PROPOSE WE MOVE TO FINAL EDITING @160!
Old October 19th, 2018, 11:47 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Squirrel Girl (VOTE for Final Editing!)

Absolutely yea. Very excited to see her coming through. I'll shine the @Ronin signal for wording and can get cards up after that.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 19th, 2018, 11:50 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Absolutely yea. Very excited to see her coming through. I'll shine the @Ronin signal for wording and can get cards up after that.
Not sure how much of a signal he needs. He's omnipresent. Probably the only reason he hasn't already responded is he's either fixing something else or he finally had to take a bathroom break. We already know he doesn't ever sleep.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 19th, 2018, 11:51 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Oh, and one other change I made - Crime Fighter is now her default, Student goes on the alternate list. I think, if her powers were negated... she's a crime fighter first. She's been a costumed hero since she was 14, so I think that trumps everything else.
Old October 19th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I am omnipresent, but not necessarily omni-remembering-my-main-job-around-here. The tags do help.

Synergy:

Quote:
Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Squirrel Girl's Not Your Typical Superhero special power allows her to gain the classes of Agents, Fighters, Rejects, Soldiers and Students you control in addition to her own. Current Agents, Crime Fighters, Fighters, Soldiers, and Students.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
Wording edits:

Quote:
NOT YOUR TYPICAL SUPERHERO
If Squirrel Girl is within clear sight of an Agent you control, she has the class of Agent in addition to the class listed on this card. The same is true for Fighters, Rejects, Soldiers, and Students you control.

SQUIRREL SPEAK
Whenever you reveal an Order Marker on this card, and at the end of each round, place a brown Squirrel Marker on this card, to a maximum of 999 Squirrel Markers.

SQUIRREL SWARM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
After attacking with this special attack, you may remove a Squirrel Marker from this card to attack again.

SQUIRRELLY LEAP
Once per turn, after moving, attacking, or defending with Squirrel Girl, you may use Squirrelly Leap. Squirrelly Leap has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Squirrelly Leap, ignore elevations. Squirrel Girl may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Squirrel Girl may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. When using Squirrelly Leap, Squirrel Girl will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Plaintext:

Quote:
NOT YOUR TYPICAL SUPERHERO
If Squirrel Girl is within clear sight of an Agent you control, she has the class of Agent in addition to the class listed on this card. The same is true for Fighters, Rejects, Soldiers, and Students you control.

SQUIRREL SPEAK
Whenever you reveal an Order Marker on this card, and at the end of each round, place a brown Squirrel Marker on this card, to a maximum of 999 Squirrel Markers.

SQUIRREL SWARM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
After attacking with this special attack, you may remove a Squirrel Marker from this card to attack again.

SQUIRRELLY LEAP
Once per turn, after moving, attacking, or defending with Squirrel Girl, you may use Squirrelly Leap. Squirrelly Leap has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Squirrelly Leap, ignore elevations. Squirrel Girl may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Squirrel Girl may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. When using Squirrelly Leap, Squirrel Girl will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
You may also want to rebrand Squirrelly Leap as Squirrelly Leap 12? I could see doing something like Squirrelly Leap 3 if we ever designed a Tippy Toe card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library