Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 20th, 2017, 02:08 PM

Enkmar Woo who?
Too Late To Start?

Hi folks. I've been curious about Heroscape for a couple of years now. I missed the boat when it was in print, and now I've got a little gaming group and would really love to try Heroscape, as well as use the terrain for D&D.

But where do I begin? I have 0 tiles, 0 miniatures... And unfortunately, I have a lot of spending cash via Amazon gift cards, but I otherwise don't have much "fun money" so that means no eBay. Amazon has plenty of Heroscape, and some of the miniatures are fairly priced, but all the Master sets, or any boxed set for that matter, is crazily priced. The worst I think is the Underdark set for 300 bucks.

So where do I begin? Or is it too late to begin collecting? I see the awesome Heroscape terrain pictures all over Google images and I want that, but holy smokes, the prices...

Any advice or suggestions, or am I just too late to the party?
Old February 20th, 2017, 02:19 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Too Late To Start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkmar View Post
Hi folks. I've been curious about Heroscape for a couple of years now. I missed the boat when it was in print, and now I've got a little gaming group and would really love to try Heroscape, as well as use the terrain for D&D.

But where do I begin? I have 0 tiles, 0 miniatures... And unfortunately, I have a lot of spending cash via Amazon gift cards, but I otherwise don't have much "fun money" so that means no eBay. Amazon has plenty of Heroscape, and some of the miniatures are fairly priced, but all the Master sets, or any boxed set for that matter, is crazily priced. The worst I think is the Underdark set for 300 bucks.

So where do I begin? Or is it too late to begin collecting? I see the awesome Heroscape terrain pictures all over Google images and I want that, but holy smokes, the prices...

I would start by NOT buying on Amazon : )

Maybe you can trade those to friends for cash or something. You can still get in - probably by watching the Sales thread here. Also, Craigslist is a good place to find sets that folks are unloading. I found some great 'Scape locally through Craigslist.

If you can get a used Rise of the Valkryie master set on eBay or here in the Sales thread - that's a solid foundation.
Old February 20th, 2017, 02:22 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkmar View Post

Maybe start with Arena of the Planeswalkers? It is silly cheap at times and brand new so you can buy all you want on Amazon. It's not quite classic scape, but it might be a good place to start.

Also, many heroclix figures are super cheap and there are custom cards for hundreds of them here on this site. Doesn't solve your amazon/ebay conundrum but still.

The terrain is a whole other problem. At least from the Planeswalker game you could get some basic hexes to put down (the cardboard) and then start building on top of that.

My final suggestion is to watch Craigslist like a hawk. I use IfThisThenThat to auto text me anytime something with the word "heroscape" shows up in my area. Only fires every now and again but its gotten me a LOT of stuff.
Old February 20th, 2017, 02:38 PM

jesus20456 is surprisingly tart

I'd recommend checking out "All Things Heroscape" which is a pretty good store, also if it's just the game you'd like to try, online heroscape is amazing.

jesus20456 is Gorillinator...
in the
Calderan Island...
Old February 20th, 2017, 03:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It's never too late to start collecting Heroscape. Craigslist and the trade section of this site are the best places.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 20th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's not expensive to get started. Be patient, and nose around the trading subforum here.

There is no substitute.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 20th, 2017, 04:54 PM

Enkmar Woo who?

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Glad to see the community is so active considering how long the game has been out of print!

I've been considering everyone's advice and I'm thinking maybe I could try to swap Amazon gift cards (since I can buy them with my Amazon account money) for Heroscape stuff here on these forums. I'll have to give that some thought!
Old February 20th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You could do that. I think you might find it easier, though, to trade new things for Heroscape, with the understanding that the new things will be things you can buy (and have shipped) with Amazon credit.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 24th, 2017, 11:34 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

I started last month, I've blown about $250 on Amazon, and my collection's pretty good, it's enough figures to have some interestin matchups, and varied games. On top of that, you can use scale figures from other games to create customs, or proxies, and make your collection a little bigger.

Hope this helped...

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 25th, 2017, 12:39 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Id check here in the trade forums. You are less likely to be gouged.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion