Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old April 19th, 2011, 10:08 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Castle Grayskull (MOTU) Custom

Looking good!

What insert do you use with the Dremel for the brickwork? I tried something similar with the end mill-like tool that came with my Dremel, but the tool diameter was too big and it didn't look right.
Old April 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM

Hunpo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Awesome custom!

Heroscape, or as the Chinese say, 'Hero-Scape', sport of emperors and bandits alike.
Old April 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Thats not a custom. It's a battlefield. lol

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old May 4th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

It looks amazing. I can't wait to see some figures fighting a castle battle on that.
Old May 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Nice! Bring on the He-Man customs!

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:20 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post

Old May 13th, 2011, 06:07 AM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey guys,

Sorry for the sloooow progress. It's heading into winter here and I'm doing the seasonal adjustment thing of feeling too cold to be motivated to do anything (I'll get over it). I'll get back to work on the castle shortly...

In the meantime - Porkins, I'm not sure which particular Dremel bit I'm using. It's a mix of a few I have. I use a rounded burrowing type bit to make the initial lines/cuts on the MDF. I follow that with a pointed 'sanding' type bit to get that 'scuffed groove' effect of stonework. I then rub a sanding block briskly over the MDF to clean up the mess that the bits leave behind (the fine 'flashing' left behind after the rough Dremel cuts).

Working with PVC plumbing pipes is really messy Dremel work! The castle turrets were a nightmare to etch out as you couldn't rest your hand on the curved surface. The Dremel cuts needed to be worked on a low angle so that the Dremel was almost flat against the curve of the pipe to produce the same effect as on the MDF board itself.

SgtHulka - nice custom He-man card. I've just picked up an 'Avatars of War' generic barbarian figure that looks like it'll make a great 'wild' He-man figure reminiscent of the orginal mini-comics portrayal of He-man.

More pics soon...

G.

Betty or Veronica...?
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post

I just realized that the He-Man card is the same as this one:

Old May 15th, 2011, 07:16 PM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hi all,

Slowly getting there with Grayskull. Just finished work on the castle jawbridge. Still working on the idea of re-creating the original box artwork from the 80's of a looming, forboding fortress. Feedback would be appreciated re the 'bony fingers/crown/skull facade' that I'm going for. Remember it'll all be painted dull greens and black. I'm trying to achieve the idea of making the skull aspect of the castle fully playable from a miniatures point of view (hence the idea of the 'crown' extending from the brow of the skull face to allow for a wraparound walkway...

How is it looking?

Cheers,

G.

Betty or Veronica...?
Old May 15th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Still looks just jaw droppingly gorgeous to me.
Before there was Batman for me, there was He-Man - so I'm just loving this project!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:02 PM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

This. Is. Awsome!

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:46 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

Okay, this just keeps getting better and better. I just wish I could play on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles