Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 26th, 2016, 05:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

I'm going to bring the same maps possibly plus some of the new ones in my map thread.

600 points
24 figures
Reverse draft
C3V and SoV allowed
No Marvel

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 27th, 2016, 09:01 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Can I borrow 2 squads of capuan gladiators from somebody?
Old September 28th, 2016, 12:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Can I borrow 2 squads of capuan gladiators from somebody?
yes
Old September 28th, 2016, 07:20 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Just checking... Dok's explanation above only allows for 18 max army. But Cap says we're doing 24.

Are we allowing 24 or following Dok's Gencon event? Just wanting clarity.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old September 28th, 2016, 07:22 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Also... Is the 2nd our NHSD event or are we doing another sometime?

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old September 28th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The 2nd is your NHSD event.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old September 28th, 2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

We will have prizes from Dad_Scaper and Craig Can Ness. I figure we will do the open prize table again as well.
What are the prize table guidelines?

I'd be happy to bring a map if needed. I was thinking Badru Valley.

How many people are we expecting?

I'm just seeing Cap, Dok, General Rolando, kpucblek and possibly N00b.

Old September 28th, 2016, 08:59 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

There are a few more that have RSVPed via a Facebook event and I am also bringing a co-worker.

Badru Valley is alright with me.

Prize table guidelines:
If you bring a prize for the prize table, you will also get to take a prize from the prize table.
Since we will have two extra prizes (from DS and CVN) the top two placers will get to take a prize regardless
Players will pick from the prize table in order of record at the event
If you place first or second and also bring a prize for the prize table, you may either take two items from the table (getting your second pick after everyone else has had their first pick) or you may forfeit your second pick for someone who didn't bring a prize to get to take one.
Prizes should value between $10 and $20 and may be previously used items in good condition. They do not need to be Heroscape or even board game related; if you think a fellow Coloradoan/Heroscaper would appreciate it, it is fair game for the prize table

--
--
--

--
Old September 29th, 2016, 08:47 PM

I have received the NHSD prizes from D_S and CVN. Now that I know what they are I think we may distribute them a little differently than I outlined. We can discuss it on Sunday.

--
--
--

--
Old October 15th, 2016, 03:28 PM

Many thanks to @Dad_Scaper and @Craig Van Ness for providing some cool prizes for us this year! Thanks also to @Xorlof for shipping them out to us. We received three or four Sgt. Drake Alexander figures from Rise of the Valkyrie, each signed by Craig, Rob Daviau, and their sons Drake and Alexander. We also received a Red Skull card and one of the Viking Champion cards (@dok could share which one), each signed by Craig.

We had 12 attendees, but due to our late start time (I think games started around 2:30) many people did not play more than two games. Next event we are hoping to start earlier.

We played Rolling Rumble, a tournament system which allows games to be (mostly) untimed. The format was 600 points, 24 figures, Reverse Draft. You can read about Reverse Draft elsewhere, but the basic idea is that each player brings one army, and before each game the two players are given the option to undraft figures from the stronger army.

Here was our list of attendees (I will update with army details as they are provided):

capsocrates 3-0 (3xHorned Skull Brutes, 2xM-43 Resistance Fighters*, B-11 Resistance Corps*, Kira Jax*, Jarek Guy*)
Seth 3-0 (Zelrig and stuff)
dok 2-0 (glads, blasts, Raelin, Major J15* and some Hoplitrons*)
General Rolando's girlfriend 1-0 (???)
caps's friend #2 1-1 (Kaemon Awa, Zetacron, 7xZombies of Morindan; thanks to dok for providing this army)
Seth's girlfriend 1-1 (Braxas + ???)
rosenkrantz 1-1 (4xCapuan Gladiators, Spartacus, Crixus, Marcu Esenwein, Isamu)
kpublcek 1-2 (Vulcanmech Incendiborgs*, 2xDeathreavers, 4xSentinels of Jandar)
General Rolando 1-2 (???)
caps's friend #2 0-2 (3xRoman Legion, 2x10th Regiment of Foot, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Arashara Goshiri*)
caps's friend #2's 9-year-old son 0-2 (3xSkeletons of Annelintia*, Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Myrddin*)
Tyler 0-2 (Utgar army with many, many army cards)

*SoV or C3V card

Maps:

Embattled Fen
Ice Thistle by Typhon
Cage Match by Dignan
Roundabout Marsh by capsocrates
Smokey's Lament by Dignan
Badru Valley
a custom map by GeneralRolando

We didn't have time for Seth and I to play each other, and Adam left before even playing a third game, so there wasn't really a "champion" of this event, but it was a great time. My friends were pretty new to Heroscape but had a great time. My friend's son has been asking him when the next event will be!

--
--
--

--
Old October 15th, 2016, 03:33 PM

For my part I never played my own army.

I played against rosenkrantz on Roundabout Marsh. He didn't make me bid down his gladiators at all and I pulled out a win.

I played against my "friend #1" on GeneralRolando's map. He didn't make me bid down his zombies at all and I pulled out a win. By the end of the game every Zombie that wasn't on a glyph was on his side of the map.

Finally, I played against kpublcek on Ice Thistle. We bid 3 rats out of his army, as well as several Sentinels, before he let me play it. I managed to get a strong bid for the glyphs and then get my Incendiborgs to high ground positions where they dominated the rest of the game.

--
--
--

--
Old October 15th, 2016, 03:34 PM

For the next event, we are looking to play on Saturday, December 3rd, starting in the morning. Location and format TBD. Pipe up if you have preferences!

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events