Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 30th, 2011, 09:43 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 04/29/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Well I know I can't win now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
I am now shooting for second place...
Ha. Based on my track record in Heroscapers contests, just making it past the first round will be an accomplishment for me. These contests always elicit an impressive flurry of creativity from the community. I am looking forward to seeing all the new maps.
Old April 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 04/29/11

Quote:
I love the "Imperfect symmetry" offered in the map. The top layer is completely the same, but underneath is completely different.
Yep; that's a Gamebear special that the rest of us struggle with, but he makes look easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Well I know I can't win now.
Quote:
I am now shooting for second place...
Ha. Based on my track record in Heroscapers contests, just making it past the first round will be an accomplishment for me. These contests always elicit an impressive flurry of creativity from the community. I am looking forward to seeing all the new maps.
Yes, your struggles are not Unuuk unique in that regard.

Still, knowing R˙chean, he might pick something other than the contest winners to put on the tables at GenCon. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up doing a bunch of practice games on Scavenger's Folly this July.
Old December 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New map: Infiltrator. 1 DD + 1 FA + 1 TT
Glyphs: 2 Pit Traps, 2 random glyphs

I had been doing so well: I had reduced my site visits to once every couple weeks (limited to a glimpse at the map section and a scan of the blogs), and I hadn't touched VirtualScape in months. Then, while browsing Week@Heroscapers, I was tripped up by just two words: "Map Contest".

Nyys provided the inspiration for this map with Blockage. I designed a version using two dungeon sets back in May, but was not quite satisfied. Mombo101's map contest motivated me to revisit the idea, resulting in Infiltrator.

This map is designed for Heavy Snow and Normal Ice.

Last edited by GameBear; December 19th, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old December 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 12/19/11

Gamebear, you've got the jpeg in the download, not the pdf.

Now that is an unusual startzone layout. I can immediately think of some armies I'd love to play with that layout, as well as some I'd be afraid to play.

Can I ask what the motivation for the pit traps was? I feel like I'm missing something.
Old December 19th, 2011, 04:02 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

GameBear, hitting "Download" yields a small JPG image for me, not the build instructions.

Looking forward to checking it out.

EDIT: that pesky dok beat me to it.

Last edited by Typhon2222; December 19th, 2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: ninja'd by dok
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:05 PM
The Silent Cartographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Gamebear, you've got the jpeg in the download, not the pdf.
Thanks; fixed.

Quote:
Can I ask what the motivation for the pit traps was? I feel like I'm missing something.
Just trying to make a relatively flat map a little more interesting. If nothing else, the trap changes the walking distance to the glyph on the right (effectively 8 spaces instead of 7), and impacts the path options along that side. Beyond that, I was envisioning situations where a player might have to decide between moving onto that space for engagement/proximity reasons or settling for a less desirable hex to avoid the trap.
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:17 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

I like it. I agree about the flatness - that area needs something. It's tough to get an interesting number of elevation changes out of a single D&D set without using an excessive amount of expansions.

Oddly enough, I've been playing around with a map that places a single figure in the opponent's start zone on a pit trap glyph. It's nowhere near ready for prime time though.
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Oddly enough, I've been playing around with a map that places a single figure in the opponent's start zone on a pit trap glyph.
"Prisoner"? "Captive"?
Old January 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Oddly enough, I've been playing around with a map that places a single figure in the opponent's start zone on a pit trap glyph.
"Prisoner"? "Captive"?
DW7K?

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old January 8th, 2012, 01:00 AM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Grip of Darkness. 1 DD
Glyphs: Ulaniva, Wannok, 2 random treasures

I decided to try something a little different for Typhon2222's challenge. Heat of Battle placement rules (players take turns placing a card’s worth of units) are probably more appropriate for this map.
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 01/07/12

That's a cool looking map, GameBear. It's a bit unorthodox, but it looks like it would be fun to play on. There is no place to hide, that's for sure.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old January 8th, 2012, 04:32 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 01/07/12

I'm impressed - great use of a single BftU. Lots of facepunching going on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios