Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 26th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Actually ...I think they even allow you to use the correct sculpt even without it being repainted in place of the actual figure as long as it can be distinguished.
BUT...be careful if you are trying to substitute one elemental for another...we have a "fire distinguisher." <grin>
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:44 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Question!

Can the Mind Flayer Mastermind Enslave (take a turn with) figures on his team?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:45 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Question!

yes.
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:47 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Question!

yes.
Sweet! Thanks.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 26th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivik23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
At GenCon tournaments, repaints that do not modify the sculpt, are legal for play.
So could we use scuplts from the monks as Master Woo whatever and so forth? (the other GenCon exclusives that are just repaints)
yes
Actually ...I think they even allow you to use the correct sculpt even without it being repainted in place of the actual figure as long as it can be distinguished.
Thanks for the elaberation.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:59 AM

halfbad knows what's in an order marker halfbad knows what's in an order marker

Ok, after much searching (both rulebook and the forums ) I could not find the answer to this, though I am sure it is simple and I already feel foolish for asking.

I have a figure that is engaged to my opponents figure.

I activate another figure that is within it's ranged attack of those two figures. May I shoot "into" that combat, targeting my opponents figure?

I am sure this is simple, but we could not find it anywhere, and I wasn't sure.

Thanks in advance.

"Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt. "
-Lao Tzu
Old September 27th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbad View Post
Ok, after much searching (both rulebook and the forums ) I could not find the answer to this, though I am sure it is simple and I already feel foolish for asking.

I activate another figure that is within it's ranged attack of those two figures. May I shoot "into" that combat, targeting my opponents figure?

Thanks in advance.
There's not such thing as being "in combat," like in more advanced games such as Warhammer. You may shoot the opponent's figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule Book
Who can attack? Any figure(s) on your chosen Army Card within Range, and with a clear Line of Sight, can attack.
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
There's not such thing as being "in combat," like in more advanced games such as Warhammer. You may shoot the opponent's figure.

Quote:
Who can attack? Any figure(s) on your chosen Army Card within Range, and with a clear Line of Sight, can attack.

Thank you for clearing that up.

"Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt. "
-Lao Tzu
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

To touch on this point a little more in depth, this type of offensive strategy is one of the core army building and deployment concepts in the game.

While there are obviously numerous ways to build your army and deploy them in battle, in Heroscape one of the most consistent plans of attack is to "lock down" your enemy's figures with a "screening" unit and fire away at them with a ranged unit. Plenty of army cards offer the ability to either act as an effective screen or act as your ranged threat and indeed there is no one "best" for the job... but employing a "screen with range" is an essential tactic to learn in this game. Even if you have a different style you particularly like (I my self am a big fan of assassination type builds) I can't suggest strongly enough that you play a more "cookie cutter screen / range" type army several times, if for no other reason than to better understand how they function so that you can better counter them when you eventually face one.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:06 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sometimes the best counter is to allow a hero to risk the disengagement strike and go take out the shooter(s).

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; September 27th, 2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old September 27th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

To touch on this point a little more in depth, this type of offensive strategy is one of the core army building and deployment concepts in the game.

While there are obviously numerous ways to build your army and deploy them in battle, in Heroscape one of the most consistent plans of attack is to "lock down" your enemy's figures with a "screening" unit and fire away at them with a ranged unit. Plenty of army cards offer the ability to either act as an effective screen or act as your ranged threat and indeed there is no one "best" for the job... but employing a "screen with range" is an essential tactic to learn in this game. Even if you have a different style you particularly like (I my self am a big fan of assassination type builds) I can't suggest strongly enough that you play a more "cookie cutter screen / range" type army several times, if for no other reason than to better understand how they function so that you can better counter them when you eventually face one.

I agree with this, and thought of it right off as we started to play. It seemed a bit absurd to me that you couldn't, but my opponent insisted you could not fire at an engaged model. I am glad you can, as the "run and gun" tactic works very well: Screen, shoot, fall back, screen repeat.

Thank you for elaborating, and thanks everyone for answering the question.

-Lao Tzu
Old September 27th, 2010, 03:51 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I agree with this, and thought of it right off as we started to play. It seemed a bit absurd to me that you couldn't, but my opponent insisted you could not fire at an engaged model. I am glad you can, as the "run and gun" tactic works very well: Screen, shoot, fall back, screen repeat.
Your opponent had it just backwards, you cannot attack any unengaged (with the attacking figure) figure if the attacker is engaged.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's