Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 17th, 2008, 03:04 PM

corren Woo who?
Special Powers Clarification

I've been reading through the forums for a few days now and I can't seem to find my answer. Can a unit with multiple special powers use them both in 1 round?

For example, may Sonlen use his dragon healing and dragon attack in the same round. Also, does using a special ability rule out your chance to attack when it isnt specified? For example, if I use Sonlen's dragon attack, which isnt a Special Attack it is listed as a Special Power, then may I also use his normal attack.

And finally, if the unit has mutiple special attacks, am I only allowed to use one per round? For example, Major Q10's special attacks. Would I be able to use both hand attacks in one round?

Thanks in advance,

- Corren
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:11 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Re: Special Powers Clarification

First of all: A round consists of 3 turns. I think you misused the terminology !
Now to answer your questions:
- Sonlen can use all of his special powers in one turn, together with his attack.
- Q10 can only use one special attack per turn.

Overall, a figure can only attack once per turn, unless specified otherwise. Special Attack is replacing Normal Attack, not additional to it. Special Power should be done as written on the card.

Braxas' card specifically says "Instead of attacking,..." It means you can either use the special power, or the normal attack, but not both. Sonlen's card does not say that .

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:15 PM

corren Woo who?

Answered my questions, thanks!
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

...and that's how issues like this should be resolved! +rep to both of you!
Old September 17th, 2008, 08:41 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Welcome to the site corren!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old September 17th, 2008, 08:51 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post
...and that's how issues like this should be resolved! +rep to both of you!
This is usually how they are resolved when someone asks a well thought out and typed question...problem is that most times they are neither.

Last edited by Onacara; September 17th, 2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:03 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Question asked, answer given... lock it up.

-insert signature here-
Old September 18th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

Not before I post, tough-guy! When attacking, you can either use 1 normal attack or 1 special attack unless you have Double Attack, which allows you to make 2 normal attacks. Some special attacks will also allow you to attack 1 or 2 more times...Now, we can lock this SUCKA!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old September 19th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Quote:

Not before I post, tough-guy! When attacking, you can either use 1 normal attack or 1 special attack unless you have Double Attack, which allows you to make 2 normal attacks. Some special attacks will also allow you to attack 1 or 2 more times...Now, we can lock this SUCKA!

Brandon
MY TURN!

I wonder how much time it would take to lock off EVERY thread where the original question had been answered.

And corren, REEEEAAAAAD the card carefully, consult your local rule lawyer, and then go for it.

As The B.I.V. so eloquently said sometimes you have a special ability called "double attack" or "whirlwind attack" which allows you to attack multiple times, but in general you get to attack only once. Special or normal, your choice.

Most other special abilities will clearly state if they should be used in place of an attack. If they don't say, then you can assume you get to do them all.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:13 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I just like the dancing lock emoticon... got over excited to use it is all.

-insert signature here-
Old September 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I just like the dancing lock emoticon... got over excited to use it is all.
This my friend is for you. Just in from Las Vegas it's the dancing lock girls.

You can look but you can't touch, that will cost you extra.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!

Last edited by Rogue A$$asSIN; September 19th, 2008 at 08:31 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's