Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 6th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Templar Cavalry

The Book of Templar Cavalry
Fields of Valor - Collection 7 - Templar Knights

Character Bio:Used in many battles of the Crusades, a Templar cavalry charge pierced through enemy lines with the unstoppable combination of lances and steeds. Always heavily armored, the knights constantly sought out and attacked first the most potent enemy on any battlefield.

Summoned by Jandar to fight in his armies, the Templar Knights witnessed the evil acts of Utgar’s armies. The Templar Knights have come to realize that Utgar’s forces are creatures from the unholy darkness. This has filled the knights with holy rage whenever they face Utgar troops, allowing them to strike harder and do extraordinary damage to Utgar’s forces through the Templar’s hallowed zeal.
(Hasbro)

• - GALLOPING CHARGE/RIGHTEOUS SMITE : Stacking the attack bonuses
    Can you use Galloping Charge and Righteous Smite in the same attack?
    Yes. You could even roll 7 attack dice if you managed to gain height advantage over that poor defenseless Utgar figure. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Recieved
  • - CONCAN THE KYRIE WARRIOR : Knight and Sentinel Enhancement
    As Knights, the Templar Cavalry may benefit from Concan the Kyrie Warrior’s KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.
  • - SIR GILBERT : Jandar’s Dispatch
    As a Squad that follows Jandar, the Templar Cavalry may benefit from Sir Gilbert's JANDAR'S DISPATCH movement bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus
    * Having a Valiant personality, the Templar Cavalry may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
    *NOTE: See The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line for proper application.
  • - SIR DUPUIS : Knight's Courage
    As Knights, the Templar Knights may aid Sir Dupuis with his KNIGHT'S COURAGE ATTACK BONUS.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking
  • @Jexik : Though seemingly great on paper, a few shots at the mounted knights will easily bring them down. C-
  • @OrcElfArmyOne : C-
  • @dok (VC inclusive): C-
  • @Cleon (VC inclusive): Tier 2 (305/319)
Community Contributions Master IndexUnit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by lefton4ya; April 24th, 2019 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Updated Card images, added rankings and contributions
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:40 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Out of all of the new wave 7 units, these are the ones I don't know what to expect out of. Are they going to become new Jandar powerhouse, or will they be the units that cost too much? Should you use these guys to charge into battle the minute the game has started, or do you keep them for a late game surprise? What units will be the best support for the knights? How many should you have in an army? There are just tons of questions I have with these guys, and I am having trouble coming up with the answers.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:44 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
To answer some of your questions Chimpy, I would send these guys out as your last wave, or as soon as most or all range is gone since their 'Dismiss the Shable' affect only works against adjacent attacks. Since they are Valiant, you can use the 4th. Mass with the Knights Templar. Since they're 120 a squad, having two of them is 240 points, practically half of your standard 500 point army. I'm also undecided whether these guys will be awesome, or if they're overpriced. But on paper, these guys look like POWERHOUSES!
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:45 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
These guys will work well with the 4th mass as they are valiant. I'm not sure how they will stand up in tournament play however. Their defense only kicks in against adjacent squad figures. I could see these guys being mowed down from range before ever gettign a chance to attack. They do have very high movement and awesome attack howver. So if used correctly they could devestate any unit they charge into. It looks like these guys will require a lot of strategy during gameplay.

They do have a very high "cool" sense to them though. Everybody lieks thundering cavalry, and these guys epitimize that. Their sculpts are great, I will definetely have to get my hands on a bunch of these guys soon. Tell us how these guys do in gameplay!
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:45 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I think that's a good thing in their case, Chimpy. They don't seem to be complete powerhouses, but with all their abilities they will have more than their fair share of moments to shine. And as I said before, I really want to smash 6 attack dice into some stupid Utgar figure or 5.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Love the 8 move with their Large 6 size.
(Heck, I love any large/huge unit with massive movement)
They'll get over hills 5 or less with ease and movement to spare.
Single-spaced ponds and rivers are non-hindering.
Heavy snow will slow them down a tad but not enough to detract Thundering Charge.
They can benefit from Gilby's Jandar's Dispatch ability too.
Get them high with a Charge on an Utgarian, and that's 7 attack dice.
In the same situation and if they can slide up next to a group of advancing friendly KoW and Gliby and get his Attack Aura, that's 8 attack dice on an Utgar foe - Oomph!

At first 3 defense seems not right, but they can get the height advantage quickly for 4.
Dismiss the Rabble is good against an adjacent SA from a squad. They could possibly fend off the Zombies.

Early game? Late Game? Depends, but I do like the follow-up the Templars can be for any other advancing unit in your army.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:32 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
This squad definitely needs to be used in 2's and 3's, moreso than other commons.
My theory:
1. Opponent develops some sort of forward position with his main column.
2. Wave 1 of Templars strikes, taking down the main hero targets or crushing the first wave of squadies in the way.
3. The opponent retaliates, but hopefully the "dismiss" helps protect them.
4. Wave 2 then strikes at full strength, clearing out whoever is left.
5. The opponent doesn't have anybody else there, because his guys are moving at half the speed of your knights. He tries to hit you with range, and may damage a squad.
6. Wave 1 and 2 combine what's left to strike and eliminate the ranged threat with another full strength charge.
If the armies are bigger, use a third wave of knights.
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
3 squads of knights and 2 squads of 4th mass could be a devastating 500 point army...(unless they have range galore, Syvarris, DED, Laglor and his buddies). Wait for the opponent to advance, and then wail on them with charging knights and waiting 4th mass.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
I still find it wierd when a unit's capes are hitzones. It's always confused me.
Old July 6th, 2007, 06:05 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
These guys are perfect for flanking. With 8 movement they can take the long road and still keep up with the rest of your army.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old July 6th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
Look to be an awesome unit for flanking and devastating against Utgar, as long as you don't leave them in and recall them occasionally to within protective range.

I just cant get this scene out of my head though..

Sir Beavus: "What kind of smite did you use on that foul zombie."
Sir Butthead: "Righteous, Duude."

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old July 6th, 2007, 11:33 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I can't help but fear these guys are going to be Einar Imperium all over again. Seeming potential, but not enough staying power for their points. Maybe we should start a UU scape.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units