Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 17th, 2007, 01:51 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Sir Gilbert

The Book of Sir Gilbert
Crest of the Valkyrie - Jandar's Flag Bearer

NOTE: THIS OFFICIAL CARD IMAGE IS INCORRECT IN LISTING THE COST AS 100 POINTS. IT IS 105 POINTS.
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Sgt. Drake Alexander adjusts his uniform as he approaches an encampment of beautifully adorned tents. He has always felt the urge to make himself ³presentable² when he enters the camp of the Westons. Something about looking up at the proud lion flying against the azure field of the Weston¹s banner that makes a man feel the need to show a sort of humility and reverence.

"Hail, Sir Drake," calls one of the knights of Weston. "You¹ve come to see the progress, have you?"

"I have. How is it looking?"

"Come and see for yourself, he is just finishing now."

Drake is ushered into a nearby tent, the inside of which casts a warm glow by the series of lanterns that light it. A wooden dummy in the corner wearing a stunning breastplate, wrought of gold and silver, catches Drake¹s eye. A tall; well-built man steps forward to greet Drake with a hardy handshake. The man grabs onto a wooden staff leaning against the wall of the tent and swings it over in front of Drake. It is not just a staff, but a flag: Weston blue, finely embroidered in gold and white, bearing both the lion crest of Weston and the mark of Jandar.

"Ah, the new standard. It is wonderful! Jandar will be very pleased. And that must make you Sir Gilbert! Well met!"
(Hasbro)

No. Using Jandar’s Dispatch, you can move ANY Jandar squad figures, (unique or common), within range
    and clear sight. (dnutt99)

- JANDARS’S DISPATCH : Using Human Champion Bonding
    If I use Knights of Weston Human Champion Bonding to activate Sir Gilbert, do I still get to use Jandar’s Dispatch?
    Yes. By activating the Knights of Weston, you may first take a full turn with Sir Gilbert, use Jandar’s Dispatch
    to move any desired figures, and finally activate the Knights of Weston. (dnutt99)

- ATTACK AURA 1 : Adjacent Ranged Unit Attacking Engaged Figure
    Can Sir Gilbert’s Attack Aura affect a figure you control that has a range >1 if that figure is attacking an adjacent figure?
    No, because the figure has a range >1. (Hasbro FAQ)

- ATTACK AURA 1 : Friendly Figures
    What figures are considered friendly?
    Per the Master Set rules (page 9) friendly figures are your own figures and teammate’s figures. All figures you control
    are always considered friendly. Whenever you are allied with a teammate at the beginning of a scenario, any
    figures you both control are considered friendly. A temporary alliance between opponents during a battle doesn’t change
    anything. Remember, alliances can always change (unless stated at the beginning of a scenario), so even when you
    have a temporary truce with an opponent, that opponent’s figure is never considered friendly. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - KNIGHTS OF WESTON / MAC DIRK WARRIORS : Human Champion Bonding
    As a Human Champion, Sir Gilbert may benefit from Knights of Weston and Mac Dirk Warriors HUMAN
    CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - ATTACK AURA 1 : Adjacent Friendly Figures With a Range of 1
    * ATTACK AURA 1 benefits all friendly units adjacent to Sir Gilbert with a range of 1.

- JANDAR’S DISPATCH : Jandar Squad Units
- 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus
  • * Having a Valiant personality, Sir Gilbert may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY
    DEFENSE BONUS.
    *NOTE: See The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line for proper application.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Sir Gilbert- The best flagbearer, Gilbert solved the largest problem of the knights: movement. And with decent stats, Gilbert can deal some damage on his own. A

Sir Gilbert
General Assessment? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=3643
LOS? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=7965
Dispatch from Different Squads? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=7272
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old May 20th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time

Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun
How does he only cost 5 more points than Denrick, when he has 1 more life and only 1 less attack? Both his abilities are used to a far greater extent than Denrick's abilities. I'm not knocking Denrick's abilities, they just seem a lot more situational than Gilbert's abilities.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:34 AM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
I think Gilbert works alot better with Jandar squads, that have Human Champion Bonding, than Denrick does.
I would place the markers on the Knights of weston (for example) and move Gilbert first, who then rolls for Jandars Dispatch; moving the knights for every Jandar symbol, then move the Knights after 'Berts turn is over. I like using this, it annoys my dad because i get to move quite a few figures in just one turn!
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:51 AM

Roufus has disabled reputation
I was wondering if anyone would get an A powerrating...

105 points seems kind of a weird cost number to me.
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufus
I was wondering if anyone would get an A powerrating...

105 points seems kind of a weird cost number to me.
There are a decent amount of As in Spider's rankings, actually - if you're curious which ones, just head over to the comeptitive armies section and dig up Spider's power ranking thread. I believe Q9, Kravs, Charros, and Braxas, and Deathreavers all scored high, if not others.
Old June 29th, 2007, 10:04 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Some useful information from the original Sir Gilbert thread which should probably go in here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Just a few numbers for Dispatch. Number refers to how many Jandar symbols are rolled:

Number.....Percent

0............. 11.22
1............. 26.92
2............. 29.61
3............. 19.74
4............. 08.88
5............. 02.84
6............. 00.66
7............. 00.11
8............. 0.014

So you'll roll between 0 and 5 Jandar symbols 99% of the time. What about 9-12? Its not likely that you'll roll that many. The percent chance for rolling these numbers combined is only about 0.006 so I'd be checking my opponent's dice if he rolled 12 Jandar symbols :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Anyone convert this into a 1 or more format...
Sure:

At least.....Percent

1............. 88.78
2............. 61.86
3............. 32.25
4............. 12.51
5............. 03.63
6............. 00.79
7............. 00.13
8............. 00.02
9............. 0.006

~Aldin, with props to Rhydderch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Quote:
Originally Posted by To Hasbro, Aldin
When using Sir Gilbert's ability - Jandar's Dispatch, can the special movement related abilities of the squad figures be used. For example, could the Sentinals use their flying ability? If there were a Jandar squad with disengage would the figure be able to disengage without a passing swipe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by In replying, Hasbro
Yes, when using Jandar's Dispatch, the squad figures would be able to disengage if they had that ability. Please note that Jandar's Dispatch will only affect only figures that follow Jandar, and currently, no figures that follow Jandar have either stealth flying or disengage.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old June 30th, 2007, 05:11 PM

GIR has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Solves Everything
Man, once the knights come out in wave 7, he's going to be used a lot more.
Unless there Unique, I doubt it though.

As for him being 105pts. compared to Denrick, 105 is hard to fit in sometimes since its such an odd point value.

I like waffles!
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:47 PM

I was brainstorming possible Templar/Knights teams and i had Concan in as the Knight Enhancement guy but i was thinking that Gilbert may be a better substitute as he gives Attack +1 to adjacent figures (w/range 1) but not the extra defense. His Jandars Dispatch ability would be great to give the Templar added movement or even help keep the KoW close to the Templar. The KoW can also use Human champion bonding to move Gilbert first who in turn can move Templars/Knights forward.
So should you replace Concan for Gilbert, spending 25 extra points?
I think i'd like to give it a try.
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
I was brainstorming possible Templar/Knights teams and i had Concan in as the Knight Enhancement guy but i was thinking that Gilbert may be a better substitute as he gives Attack +1 to adjacent figures (w/range 1) but not the extra defense. His Jandars Dispatch ability would be great to give the Templar added movement or even help keep the KoW close to the Templar. The KoW can also use Human champion bonding to move Gilbert first who in turn can move Templars/Knights forward.
So should you replace Concan for Gilbert, spending 25 extra points?
I think i'd like to give it a try.
I would trade in Sir Gilbert for Concan.
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
I didn't really want to buy any of the flagbearers. I held out as long as I could. I got Gilbert first, and he's definitely worth the price of admission. For those annoyed by his point cost, get Alastair too for 215. I'd say that Alastair+Gilbert> Charos in most Valiant armies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 12th, 2007, 05:24 AM

I've beaten my highest 'Valkyrie Dice (Jandar) Symbols Rolled'. I managed to get 9 Jandar symbols in a game the other night, the most I have had before that was 4 or 5!
Old September 12th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time

Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun
Jexik wrote
Quote:
For those annoyed by his cost, get Alastair too for 210. I'd say that Alastair+Gilbert> Charos in most Valiant armies.
The tough question is, if you have 110 points left in your knight army, do you go with Gilbert or Alastair?

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units