Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old April 19th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Epic Battles: Captain America vs Deathstroke

This is just a fun thread to geek out on epic battles and who you think would win.

Please post who you think would win and why you think they would win. After a few weeks, I'll tally the votes and declare a winner. This is not a discussion regarding Heroscape cards, but a discussion based on theme. Remember, there are no right answers here...only opinions.

Current Battle:
Captain America vs Deathstroke
Where: Los Angeles
Note: Deathstroke has been hired to assassinate a high ranking official at a public campaign speech, but just as Deathstroke is about to deliver the shot, Captain America steps in and prevents the hit. Realizing the potential bounty for Steve Roger's head, Deathstroke decides to take in Captain America instead.

Previous Battles:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Balantai; June 18th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Epic Battles: Thor Vs Superman

As much as I would like to see Thor win this battle, I just don't think he'd be able to take down the Man of Steel.

This would definitely be a slugfest given that Superman is weak to magic and much of Thor is magical including his hammer, Mjolnir. But I think Superman wins primarily due to his exceptional speed. Superman has much faster reflexes than Thor and I expect Supes would be able to avoid Thor's attacks.

I have to go with Superman.

Last edited by Balantai; April 22nd, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:05 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Are we speaking thematically here?

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Are we speaking thematically here?
Yes. If the iconic versions of these characters were to meet on film or paper, who do you think would win?
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well...

A) Thor would win b/c Superman is weak against Magic, Thor has a magical hammer

B) technically, Thor's strength is about equal to superman, that + the fact that he has a Hammer that summons lightning from heaven that can level buildings. Thor would win

C) Thor gains the power of the All-Father once Odin dies, which would easily give him enough power to crush Superman.

The only advantage Supes has is that he can probably lift Thors hammer (being the goody two shoes that he is)

This, however, is not really reflected in Heroscape. The newer Superman can bring down Thor most of the time (unless Thor hits the God Of Thunder roll)

Also - can we have a poll on this thread
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Also - can we have a poll on this thread
If I create a poll, will I be able to edit the poll later? I plan on doing multiple match ups.

EDIT: It appears that once a poll is created, it cannot be edited. Therefore, I won't be adding a poll. I'll just tally the votes by counting the posts.

Last edited by Balantai; April 19th, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Is this a fight to the death, or just until someone is unconscious? It matters for my answer.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Is this a fight to the death, or just until someone is unconscious? It matters for my answer.
Since I'm pretty certain Superman would never deliver a killing blow, let's say they battle to unconsciousness.
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, I'm sure that's why he's asking. It'd be an interesting one, and Superman's vulnerability to magic definitely comes into play. This has allowed Captain Marvel (Billy Batson) to beat Superman before in the comics, and I'd put Thor and Captain Marvel in a similar category.

I think Thor gets a bit more "battle blind" at times, letting his emotions rule his actions, whereas Superman is usually able to keep a cool head, and I think he could out-think Thor in such a battle.

I could see Superman's valiant nature allowing him to pick up the hammer, and that turning the tide, as Superman out-thinks Thor. It'd be a brutal fight for Supes, but I'd give him the very slight edge here.

Superman for the win!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 20th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice Thread Balantai!

Lots of good points already mentioned here so I won't echo those, but ya Superman would win IMO. Superman's powerset is just to robust for Thor to handle.

C3G team building links.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:02 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright, let's get a few things straight:

1.the most important things to remember) Marvel > DC

2) I just stick to reading the comics from the 80's, but in the ones that I've read (again, from the 80's) I've never seen Super Man fight Thor. But if we've never seen Super Man try and pick up Thor's hammer, then we can't say that he could, otherwise we'd just be making up things according to how we see them. As far as I'm aware, there's only been two people other that Thor that can pick up his hammer: Odin, and what's that alien dude's name that I can't remember? Beta-Ray-Bill?

Now since we havn't seen Super Man attempt to pick up Thor's hammer, we can't just make things up here, therefore, we must reference point one: Marvel > DC. So there you have it: Thor=Marvel > DC=Super Man.

~JS, with a solution
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
As far as I'm aware, there's only been two people other that Thor that can pick up his hammer: Odin, and what's that alien dude's name that I can't remember? Beta-Ray-Bill?
And a certain Cimmerian.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion