Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old March 14th, 2014, 07:56 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Replaying Pokemon Diamond.
Edit: Adventure Progress
Spoiler Alert!

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; March 15th, 2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:51 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Titanfall and Assassin's Creed 4. As well as the occasional League of Legends match . All amazing games
Old April 1st, 2014, 09:47 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Age of Wonders III

So far, it's not revolutionary or anything, but it's doing a great job of scratching the HoMM, MoM, MoO, Civ itch. I'm guessing that as I get a better idea of what the heck I'm doing I will grow to like it more. Right now, I feel like I'm losing a lot of units that I might have been able to save if I was playing better.

So... the basics.

Play happens on a battlefield map covering a large geographic area and typically has both a surface map and an underground map. On the map are various towns, resources, treasures and bad guys. You build your towns, research magic and grow your empire.

Combat takes you to a sub-battlefield based on the terrain of the armies that are fighting (six units in an army, all armies around a hex participate in battle for a total possible 42 units in a battle). The battles there are very tactical in nature, trading distance moved for number of attacks, allowing counter attacks and passing swipes, and doing several neat things with flanking. It ends up being really tricky, but abundantly fair.

There are two campaigns, each of which branch into two different major paths. There are plenty of stand alone maps to fight against the AI or online. The game features both classic turn based and some sort of simultaneous turn based that I haven't explored yet.

If you're a fan of large scale fantasy strategy games and this isn't on your radar, you owe it to yourself to at least check it out. And actually, any Heroscape fan might want to at least take a look anyway, because the tactical battles do share some familiar similarity.

~Aldin, high elf rogue

ps Forgot to mention, yes, units and heroes gain experience. Heroes get to spend skill points when they level up to become better individually (+1 melee attack) and/or better leaders (+1 army resistance). Units get better based on the type of unit and have, I think, five levels they can gain.

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 1st, 2014, 10:26 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Just what I needed... another game on my Steam wishlist. Thanks Aldin.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 22nd, 2014, 03:07 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Continuing to play The Last of Us multiplayer as the third and final DLC was detailed last week.

Also, I've been scouring the internet for overview, blueprints of all of The Last of Us maps (for online) and can't seem to find them. I found them one time, but can't find them now. If somehow, one of you guys get bored and want to look for them, if you find them, please post here or PM me.
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just started playing a late beta game called Infinity Wars which is available on Steam. I'm loving it so far and it gets a Star Trek : TNG set in a few days that I've pre-ordered. If you do decide to try it out, feel free to use my invite code: 1A046 (I have no idea what either one of us gets if you enter it... I don't really do these types of games much).

~Aldin, thrilled with all the single player content of the game

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 26th, 2014, 11:03 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Been playing an NBA Live 09 Dynasty to wake up in the morning.

--
--
--

--
Old April 27th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Time to complete your 2600 collection with the worst game of all time.

Diggers find Atari's E.T. games in landfill.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 28th, 2014, 12:08 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm playing Blood Crown on kabam.com

One of my alts is Dr_Weirdscaper.
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:34 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My wife just picked up Titanfall (X360) for me for my birthday. I hate that you start with only iron sights and only an assault rifle, a shotty, and a pistol. And wow, that game is a total lagfest. I guess they have their own servers for the game, but my goodness, they need to get these people with 2/5 connection quality out of here. I can't stand trying to kick a guy that's standing dead still on a building to only have him disappear three feet to my right and kill me instead. I've been so close to pulling the disc out of my xbox and using it as firewood.

Lag issues aside, I do like the general idea they are going for with the game. I find myself running around with camo, minion detector, and a silenced weapon, so that I can avoid the idiots with trash connection and just kill the AI for points, and to speed my Titanfall along. I also really like the mobility a player has, everyone has a weak jetpack on their bums that allows for a small double jump and some wall running. It's almost like spiderman, just no webs. I love running on the sides of buildings cloaked and sneaking up on sniper players on the rooftops and murdering them with my boot or the silenced weapon.

That player mobility is something I haven't seen since Bionic Commando on X360, I was a total beast at that one, owning whole clans of 3-4 people by myself.

All in all, once you've played the game for a cumulative two hours, you've seen everything it has to offer. The "campaign" is a sad attempt, it just makes you play online vs matches, either a "king of the hill" or straight slayer, and that's it. The game seriously needs more content, there seems to be only like 8 maps. Not worth $60 IMO, but it's a game that any shooter fan shouldn't pass on. They will need a Titanfall 2 that offers a bit more, this game is good at its core, but it stops there.
Old May 26th, 2014, 10:18 PM

If you have the itch for a (relatively mindless) turn-based FF-style RPG to play on any platform, Knights of Pen & Paper is really scratching that itch for me. Fun game to play, but also fun in that it plays around with the idea of people playing an RPG (a little like Card Hunter in that respect, but from a slightly different angle). I picked it up in a Humble Bundle at some point or another and burnt a big chunk of today playing it.

--
--
--

--
Old August 4th, 2014, 01:06 AM

Played 17 hours of Dungeon Defenders over the weekend while my cousin was visiting and my wife was out of town with the kid for a wedding. Great little co-op tower-defense / arcade game I picked up in a Humble Bundle a while back. I recommend it.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games