Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 8th, 2010, 02:23 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
The Book of Death Chasers of Thesk

The Book of Death Chasers of Thesk

Moltenclaw's Invasion – Collection D3 – Bugbears and Orcs

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the HeroScapers Gallery or Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio (from front page): These wild orcs sweep over the battlefield and keep attacking until their opponent falls. They get the jump on their opponent thanks to their Orc Battle Rush, and enlist the help of a large Taskmaster to finish the job.

A: No, when using Orc Battle Rush, you must end each orc's movement on an empty space, and spaces with glyphs on them are not considered empty.

Synergy Benefits Received
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider: Orc Defensive Aura 1
As Orcs, Death Chasers of Thesk may benefit from Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider’s ORC DEFENSIVE AURA 1.

Synergy Benefits Offered
Large Wild Units: Taskmaster Bonding:
As large, wild Heroes the following units may benefit from the Death Chasers of Thesk's TASKMASTER BONDING activation bonus:
Me-Burq-Sa
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider
Ogre Pulverizer
Ogre Warhulk
Swog Rider
Terrain Benefits and Penalties Received
-N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Death Chasers of Thesk: What's your army idea?

500 Series: Death Chasers of Thesk

D3 DDM Comparison Pictures
Power Rankings

Jexik: Death Chasers of Thesk- I really liked these guys wrapped in bacon. They'd lose to some of the elite armies out there (but what doesn't?), but I really enjoyed the combination of low cost, low survivability and good early movement and high offense. They're very different than a lot of other popular squads. A-

OEAO: A-

Cleon: Tier 8 (39/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A-

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 8th, 2019 at 11:47 PM. Reason: vc added
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Death Chasers of Thesk

I found the names interesting on these guys. Taskmaster bonding makes it sound like some big beastie is driving them before them like goblin slaves or something, which is cool. However the name Deathchasers and the fact that the bonding says the Deathchasers go after the beastie kind of builds a much cooler picture of them just wildly frenzying around death and destruction.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:43 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

I like the way they look better than the other Heroscape orcs that have blue skin. Look more like the ones from Lord of the Rings.
Old November 9th, 2010, 05:20 PM

mr.potato is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

perhaps Nerak is a good bonding option, the could use the extra defence die

Eh sir, I don't think killing jezus is very christian
Old November 11th, 2010, 10:58 PM

scorpionslayer Woo who?

I'm going to have a lot of fun with these guys. They can set up a great screen for the Ogre Warhulks to smash to bits. I really like the Orc Battle Rush.

Do the Dew
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:10 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
I like the way they look better than the other Heroscape orcs that have blue skin. Look more like the ones from Lord of the Rings.
I was imagining these guys as Uruk-hai when compared to Classic HS orcs, that's why they look different.

Being driven across the battlefield by an unyeilding master...pretty much right out of LotR.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:39 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

Can you use battle rush every time you roll for initiative, or just the first time?
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:47 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosaphat View Post
Can you use battle rush every time you roll for initiative, or just the first time?
Just the beginning of the game.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:38 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

I think these guys can make a decent alternative to the very rare Heavy Gruts. They don't have as many bonding synergies but Swogs and Nerak are usually staples of Orc armies. Too bad they are Hunters, otherwise they could have benefit from Ornak's Orc Battle Cry Aura too. What do you guys think?
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:50 AM

SabastianBludd is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
I think these guys can make a decent alternative to the very rare Heavy Gruts. They don't have as many bonding synergies but Swogs and Nerak are usually staples of Orc armies. Too bad they are Hunters, otherwise they could have benefit from Ornak's Orc Battle Cry Aura too. What do you guys think?
Now that you mention it I think you have a great point with the comparison to the Heavy Gruts. They hit as hard as Grimnak-boosted Heavies while having more mobility and less defense. I already consider the Pulverizer to be a "budget" version of (the relatively unavailable) Krug, but I never considered the Death Chasers to be cheap (real world cost and point cost) substitutes for the Heavy Gruts.

I really like how D3's added to the orc faction with the additions of the Death Chasers, Ice Troll and Ogre Pulverizer. Between the D3 units, the Ogre Warhulk and the availiability of Nerak (and the possibility of using Nerak as a Swog proxy) and the Wave 1 orcs a new player can easily build a wide variety of themed orc armies. Right now the only hard-to-find/expensive orc units are the Heavy Gruts and Ornak.

Also, the Heavies only bond with 4 units while the Death Chasers bond with 5.
Old November 19th, 2010, 06:53 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Has it yet been settled whether the Death Chasers' battle rush allows them to move 5 hexes, or simply as many hexes as 5 movement points would get them? I suspect the latter is intended; but since the rules occasionally use "space" as a synonym for "hex", it seems ambiguous.
Old November 19th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Has it yet been settled whether the Death Chasers' battle rush allows them to move 5 hexes, or simply as many hexes as 5 movement points would get them? I suspect the latter is intended; but since the rules occasionally use "space" as a synonym for "hex", it seems ambiguous.
Note that on the card abilities, the movement is termed "5 spaces" for the normal movement and I think it is very safe to conclude that the "5 spaces" of the Orc Battle Rush means exactly the same thing, i.e., 5 spaces and not 5 hexes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units