Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 18th, 2010, 10:27 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Ogre Warhulk

The Book of Ogre Warhulk

Warriors of Eberron - Collection D2 (12) - The Ogre and the Goblins

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers.
Character Bio: When we sat down to design the Warhulk we wanted him to be a really basic, dumb Ogre with some fun, thematic powers. The Ogre Warhulk is wild and only focused on smashing things. He doesn’t care who gets in the way, so long as he hits something! Not only that, but this Ogre will do whatever he can to grab treasure quickly so he can horde it. He’s not too focused on the traps, and tends to get caught in them easily. Besides that, he’s just a really strong, really beefy hero to add to your armies and scare your opponents!
See The Book of Feral Troll, Clarifications section.

Q: Flail Hurricane : To Flail or Not to Flail?
That is the question. If I want to move my Ogre Warhulk and not risk hitting my own figures, can I simply opt not to Attack this turn?
A: Nice try. Normally, even if you choose not to Attack, your turn still has an Attack phase- You just chose to make zero attacks. The d20 roll for FLAIL HURRICANE happens in between the Movement and Attack phases of the turn. After moving the Ogre Warhulk, you MUST roll the d20, and on a roll of 11 or higher, the decision to Attack every figure adjacent is no longer up to you. Flail!!

Q: Flail Hurricane : Normal Attacks?
If I roll an 11 or higher on the d20 for FLAIL HURRICANE, are the multiple Attacks still considered normal Attacks for the purposes of abilities like SCATTER and DISAPPEARING NINJA?
A: Yes. All of the Ogre Warhulk's Attacks are normal Attacks.

Synergy Benefits Received
THE DEATH CHASERS OF THESK: Taskmaster Bonding
As a Large Wild Hero, Ogre Warhulk may benefit from Death Chasers of Thesk's TASKMASTER BONDING activation synergy.

ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury

As an Uncommon Hero that follows Utgar, the Ogre Warhulk may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered:
OTONASHI : ATTACK THE WILD 2 :
As a figure with a Wild personality, the Ogre Warhulk is subject to Otonashi's ATTACK THE WILD 2 Attack bonus.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Ogre Warhulk Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Ogre Warhulk - What's Your Army Idea?

Power Ranking and Master Index
TBA
Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(Thanks for another great shot, Guru)

Last edited by Rÿchean; May 28th, 2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: vc added
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:28 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of the Ogre Warhulk

Open call: I browsed the Discussion threads before posting the Books, but if I missed any major clarifications, please let me know and I will add them in. And, as always, feel free to point out anything else I might have missed. Thanks.

~Spite
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:25 AM

N/A is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I've seen him at work and overall, eh. Big life and low defense makes him squad fodder, and his wild swing will effect your own figures, making figure placement management more of an issue. His attack is high, but he's slow, and no opponent is gonna clump enough units together to get a really good swing off with him, IF the swing even happens.

The Mine! power is just insult to injury. Why draft a big ball of maybe when Cryprien, Q10, and Mimring cost the same?
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:45 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

I was impressed by this unit until I faced him in Heroes only Brunak easily took him out and Flail Hurricane killed his own isamu.
Old August 12th, 2010, 05:04 PM

Mrspy is surprisingly tart

He Seems good, I mean put him in the middle of mcdirk warriors before they get the chance to attack and you just might be able to kill 4 or more. Then if your opponnent wants to spread his guys out more they can just be picked off. I think this guy will only be good on games where points don't matter.........

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old August 12th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
I was impressed by this unit until I faced him in Heroes only Brunak easily took him out and Flail Hurricane killed his own isamu.
Weird. Numerically speaking he takes down Brunak over 75% of the time. I like how Flail Hurricane tempts your opponent to attack him with multiple figures because they might get lucky. Sometimes a power that only works sometimes can be more effective than one that works all the time.

~Aldin, using the matchup calculator again

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 12th, 2010, 06:37 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
Weird. Numerically speaking he takes down Brunak over 75% of the time. I like how Flail Hurricane tempts your opponent to attack him with multiple figures because they might get lucky. Sometimes a power that only works sometimes can be more effective than one that works all the time.

~Aldin, using the matchup calculator again
well now that I think about it he was using mika a little more than he should have. and brunak did take two wounds hoewever that was from one attack and all the others did not penetrate 7 defence.

Last edited by killergoat72; August 12th, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:21 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What if MINE! had added allowed the Ogre Warhulk to pick up adjacent unoccupied glyphs?

That might have served the purpose of creating a greedy Ogre instead of one that will actually probably not be getting any glyphs anytime soon.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:29 PM

Duckman Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
What if MINE! had added allowed the Ogre Warhulk to pick up adjacent unoccupied glyphs?

That might have served the purpose of creating a greedy Ogre instead of one that will actually probably not be getting any glyphs anytime soon.
Yeah, I don't get MINE! He's been designed NOT to go for Treasure Glyphs...

Casius you think to much. Ceasar William Shakespeare

Last edited by Duckman; August 20th, 2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

Yeah, I don't get MINE! He's been designed NOT to go for Treasure Glyphs...

MegaSilver
He has an attck of 5 already with Flail. Imagine him with Heroic Talisman(or worse, more than 1???) and height? He would be throwing 7 attack with the possibility of multi-attacks.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:02 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ogre Warhulk is where it's at. I played against him and even had a blast watching him destroy my army. The imagery of a huge monster swinging that nasty (and amazing) looking flail around demolishing everything in its way is just too cool. His attack is great, defense is good, and 8 lives is just awesome.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:10 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

At first glance he seemed underwhelming, but this guy's really starting to grow on me. It's pretty easy to roll 11 or higher for multi-attacks; against melee squads, he's pretty brutal. His move of 5 is frustrating, though; almost makes him worth some viking spirits:

OW 150
KOW x3 360
Thorgrim 440
Eldgrim 470

...and go from there. The problem is, he's not really a cleanup unit. He likes to get his hands dirty during the midgame, where he'll have more targets and inflict more damage.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units