Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 16th, 2006, 12:39 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Disappearing Ninja

When the ninja disappear, do their moves include height penalties? This may seem like a dumb question, but if you consider that they are ninja, it might make more sense for them to ignore certain things when they disappear.
Old December 16th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
When the ninja disappear, do their moves include height penalties?
Yes.
Old December 16th, 2006, 01:29 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
sadly, yes they are subject to all movement restrictions.

I also agree that they should be able to ignore certain things like small elevations and small rivers and such. When i think of a ninja poofing, i think of Zelda in SSBM when she poofs. She starts here but ends here on the other side of a solid wall on a completely different elevation....
Old December 16th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I was thinking about that with them and the rats because it says move x spaces, not movement points. I have been playing just that, move the spaces, any height, regardless of terrain, etc.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old December 16th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I think you have to count height and such as part of the "four spaces," since in the 2nd edition rules (p. 9) we read: "For example, with a Move number of 5 a figure can move 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 spaces. (Uneven terrain and water may limit movement, as you'll soon see.)" Then (p. 10) the rulebook says, "Moving up: When you move to a higher level, count the side of each higher level as one space, as well as the space you land on."
Old December 16th, 2006, 11:21 AM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I agree. Ninjas may move up to 4 spaces. They are not "summoned" or re-located 4 spaces away.
Old December 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
That takes a little getting used to in HS. "Spaces" is the measurement of movement in the game (each card has the figures' move value stated in "spaces"), and a level of elevation is counted as a space, as are penalties for heavy snow, slippery ice, stopping in water, etc. (which is why I still think that the +3 for road should count as well ).

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old December 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Another "yes they have to count elevation changes"

Remeber, ninjas aren't majical, they're sneaky. Think of it as they threw a smoke bomb like in the movies and while their opponents are distracted they move away...it is normal movement, just while the attacker is distracted.
Old December 16th, 2006, 05:30 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
I am well aware of the rules, I just wanted to know if the rules were different since they're NINJA.

According to the Hasbro website, the four spaces ninja and deathreavers move can not be affected by glyphs or road spaces, but are affected by water and heavy snow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units